The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2009 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 101  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Rebels
PostPosted: Mon October 03, 2016 5:41 pm 
RM Elitist

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Skitch even said in his spoiler "he'll go to kill/capture Luke and will be killed again by Obi-Wan."

I think he just missed the TO. or was picturing it happening outside Luke's bassinet.

but we're the idiots

we are a bunch of idiots.

PostPosted: Mon October 03, 2016 6:57 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Completely.

PostPosted: Mon October 03, 2016 7:07 pm 

Really the only way you can ever have Luke on screen in a timeframe before a new hope, is in the obi wan film and seeing him watching from afar as a child and Obi Wan watching over him, as Luke has in fact met him at some point growing up. theyll never put him in Rebels. Not at this stage when it seems to be winding up.

Also the Obi Wan journals comics which are canon are pushing it a very different way.

PostPosted: Tue October 04, 2016 11:30 am 
RM Elitist

dimejinky99 wrote:
Really the only way you can ever have Luke on screen in a timeframe before a new hope, is in the obi wan film and seeing him watching from afar as a child and Obi Wan watching over him, as Luke has in fact met him at some point growing up. theyll never put him in Rebels. Not at this stage when it seems to be winding up.

Also the Obi Wan journals comics which are canon are pushing it a very different way.

You're way too hung up on the notion of them actually SHOWING luke, or it being anywhere near luke's home. It could be as simple as Darth Maul lands at Mos Eisley, Obi-Wan senses a disruption in the force and cuts Mauls brake lines forcing him into a fiery crash. It can literally happen in like a day.

PostPosted: Tue October 04, 2016 4:02 pm 

Probably. As much as I enjoy this series and the fact they're weaving different strands together, these series are still somehow secondary to the films stories for me. I don't want taking too many liberties and forcing main characters from either into places they aren't really meant to be just to lend credibility to it. Minor characters fine. I'd get eaten alive for saying that in certain other forums.

PostPosted: Tue October 04, 2016 4:50 pm 
RM Elitist

dimejinky99 wrote:
Probably. As much as I enjoy this series and the fact they're weaving different strands together, these series are still somehow secondary to the films stories for me. I don't want taking too many liberties and forcing main characters from either into places they aren't really meant to be just to lend credibility to it. Minor characters fine. I'd get eaten alive for saying that in certain other forums.

I understand it, but they've already shown vader, the emperor I think. Heard Yoda. Seen Bail Organa, Lando, R2, C-3PO, etc. and they havent felt forced. And this story to Obi Wan actually makes a lot of sense in the universe.

PostPosted: Tue October 04, 2016 8:25 pm 

If he's going for Obi Wan well fine. That'd be a natural end for the Maul character and cool to see. Though it do s raise questions about why isn't Obi Wan then concerned about Vader and the inquisitors. But maybe he doesn't know.
The 50/50 of that idea online seems to be he is actually coming for Luke. And that wouldn't work if we see Luke. The whole idea of he innocent farm boy is ruined then even if we never see Luke in the episode. It is more than likely Obi Wan. How it will play out and if Maul even wonders for a second why he's 'hiding' on that planet is a fine line to be a walked.

We're gonna see Kanan and Ezra meet Obi Wan. (Your eyes can deceive you. Don't trust them). The two of them need a Jedi master proper. They'd have things to teach each other. So perhaps it's those two take Maul out on Tattooine. Not Obi Wan. Let's see.

PostPosted: Tue October 04, 2016 8:31 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Again, dime, what Skitch is saying is that he is coming for Luke for the purpose of the story. But he never gets to Luke because Obi wan intercepts him and kills him, thus Luke never sees him. Therefore, He could be coming for Luke, but doesn't get that far.

PostPosted: Tue October 04, 2016 9:40 pm 
RM Elitist

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Again, dime, what Skitch is saying is that he is coming for Luke for the purpose of the story. But he never gets to Luke because Obi wan intercepts him and kills him, thus Luke never sees him. Therefore, He could be coming for Luke, but doesn't get that far.

they're not going to show Luke, ruddo. Idiot.

PostPosted: Tue October 04, 2016 9:51 pm 
Major Dude

@SkitchP wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

He didn't say they would.

PostPosted: Tue October 04, 2016 10:53 pm 
RM Elitist

thanks for the contribution, wease.

PostPosted: Tue October 04, 2016 11:49 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

wease wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

No but he thinks Skitch and I are saying that if he is coming for Luke that automatically means Luke has to see him

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 2:10 am 
Major Dude

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
wease wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

No but he thinks Skitch and I are saying that if he is coming for Luke that automatically means Luke has to see him

Or we, the viewer, has to see Luke. I totally get what you're saying.

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 10:45 am 

I followed your line of thought. He tells Ezra he's lthe point for hope. And then we see him all angry or housed out 'he lives! He lives!' So couple that with Ezra seeing twin suns perhaps he does indeed mean Luke( who is the new hope) and he either wants to kill him or make him his apprentice.

That brings up two things.

An inevitable showdown with Obi Wan but if that happens what does it mean for the Obi Wan stand alone film? Unless they just won't show it and leave it hanging until that film? Though I think Maul would be unlikely to be in that, it is a possibility too.

If we see Obi Wan take him out this season It does set up some backstory for the film but also robs it of a possible antagonist.

PostPosted: Thu October 06, 2016 6:20 pm 
Major Dude

I'm about halfway thru the first episode. Holy shit! The Bendu!! That's wicked cool.

PostPosted: Thu October 06, 2016 7:39 pm 

A former doctor who provided the voice for the bendu. Wonderful job.

PostPosted: Thu October 06, 2016 9:00 pm 
Major Dude

I like how they are recycling old ideas for this show.

Well, maybe not recycling so much as reimagining. Either way, I really like it.

PostPosted: Fri October 07, 2016 1:12 pm 
Major Dude

Maul ruled the Mandalorians??

PostPosted: Sun October 09, 2016 4:00 pm 
RM Elitist

The introduction and backstory to Wedge was well done. A good example of adding a character we know without it feeling forced. Also gave a solid background to the growth of the rebellion.

PostPosted: Sun October 09, 2016 6:59 pm 

@SkitchP wrote:
The introduction and backstory to Wedge was well done. A good example of adding a character we know without it feeling forced. Also gave a solid background to the growth of the rebellion.

Also had Hobby. Think the actor that played him died this week. Or maybe Jansen. He's Luke's gunner in the snowspeeder.

Also agree Skitch. They're working to really flesh out the rebellions formation and maturation. And doing a great job with it too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2009 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 101  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars