The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2009 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 101  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Rebels
PostPosted: Thu November 02, 2017 3:55 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

The new Luke book has stories that are first hand and he’s in them as told by the person interacting with him and those ones are really awesome.

PostPosted: Thu November 02, 2017 3:57 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
The new Luke book has stories that are first hand and he’s in them as told by the person interacting with him and those ones are really awesome.

Right but we're still supposed to infer that those stories are being exaggerated or related to an audience by an unreliable narrator. There aren't any 3rd person omniscient accounts in the book, right?

PostPosted: Thu November 02, 2017 4:00 pm 

durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Right but we're still supposed to infer that those stories are being exaggerated or related to an audience by an unreliable narrator. There aren't any 3rd person omniscient accounts in the book, right?

The two stories Im Thinking of have no exaggeration. There’s only maybe two other stories that do that and or warp in a really absurd sense, what he does but it’s part of the story tellers agenda about him. Trying to make him out to be a fraud amd the rebellion are criminals.

PostPosted: Thu November 02, 2017 4:01 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

The two stories Im Thinking of have no exaggeration. There’s only maybe two other stories that do that and or warp in a really absurd sense, what he does but it’s part of the story tellers agenda about him. Trying to make him out to be a fraud amd the rebellion are criminals.

But how do you know they have no exaggeration? Aren't they just a story being told by the person that interacted with him?

PostPosted: Thu November 02, 2017 4:02 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

But how do you know they have no exaggeration? Aren't they just a story being told by the person that interacted with him?

I can't understand why we can't communicate this better. What are we doing wrong, Ruddo?

PostPosted: Thu November 02, 2017 4:03 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

I can't understand why we can't communicate this better. What are we doing wrong, Ruddo?

I don't know, but I don't want to get frustrated over it, just trying to understand here. Dime, these are stories that are being told by another fictional character, right? So even if they interacted with Luke, the accounts themselves can still be embellished, right?

Also, wrong thread.

PostPosted: Thu November 02, 2017 4:10 pm 

Having finished the book, there are stories that are first hand and no exaggeration. And there are stories that are told fifth and sixth and hundredth hand that are clearly warped exaggerations. And the distinction between the two types of stories and the people telling them are abundantly clear.

Understand?

PostPosted: Thu November 02, 2017 4:11 pm 

dimejinky99 wrote:
Having finished the book, there are stories that are first hand and no exaggeration. And there are stories that are told fifth and sixth and hundredth hand that are clearly warped exaggerations. And the distinction between the two types of stories and the people telling them are abundantly clear.

Understand?

The author of the book writing about Luke? Or someone else telling of their encounter with Luke? That is all I'm trying to get to the bottom of.

PostPosted: Thu November 02, 2017 4:28 pm 

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Understand?

The author of the book writing about Luke? Or someone else telling of their encounter with Luke? That is all I'm trying to get to the bottom of.

People directly encountering Luke ate the good ones. The rest Chinese whisper style stories blown out of proportion. Tho not all of them either.

PostPosted: Thu November 02, 2017 4:40 pm 

PostPosted: Thu November 02, 2017 4:41 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

You know... I'd be so happy for those two if they decided to abandon the revolution and just go live on a farm somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu November 02, 2017 6:07 pm 

I like Hera. Kanan is a load of meh.

PostPosted: Thu November 02, 2017 6:10 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
I like Hera. Kanan is a load of meh.

As individual characters, I won't argue with you (though I'm not sure I agree that Kanan is a load of meh). But you have to love them as a couple, no? Their chemistry is fantastic and undeniable.

PostPosted: Tue November 07, 2017 2:43 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I've only seen the first episode of this new season and it was pretty meh. Does it get better? Am I wrong that I want most of the characters to get killed off?

PostPosted: Tue November 07, 2017 2:46 pm 
AnalLog

darth_vedder wrote:
I've only seen the first episode of this new season and it was pretty meh. Does it get better? Am I wrong that I want most of the characters to get killed off?

It gets better. It's leading to a pretty big moment right now.

PostPosted: Tue November 07, 2017 2:51 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

jwfocker wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:

It gets better. It's leading to a pretty big moment right now.

Cool. Now that I'm caught up with Curb, and almost caught up with Vice Principals, I'll turn my attention to Rebels soon.

PostPosted: Tue November 07, 2017 2:56 pm 

Shit, I forgot to watch this week's episode.

PostPosted: Tue November 07, 2017 3:05 pm 
AnalLog

Spoiler: show
Finally putting characters into a situation with a ton to lose and gain

PostPosted: Tue November 07, 2017 6:23 pm 

These two felt kinda frustrating but obviously set ups and loads of foreshadowing.

We have what, 4 episodes left? I hope they bring in the story about how the rebellion gets the x wings. Even a mention. It would make all the sense in the world given they’re stressing about the tie defender.

PostPosted: Tue November 07, 2017 6:25 pm 

dimejinky99 wrote:
These two felt kinda frustrating but obviously set ups and loads of foreshadowing.

We have what, 4 episodes left? I hope they bring in the story about how the rebellion gets the x wings. Even a mention. It would make all the sense in the world given they’re stressing about the tie defender.

They are taking a break over the winter and coming back in February for the final few episodes, so I don't know what that means for what's left before the break.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2009 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 101  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars