Switch to full style
May the force be with you
Post a reply

Doctor Aphra

Wed January 10, 2018 8:21 pm

If they really want to tell a story unrelated to the Skywalkers, why not make an Doctor Aphra movie?

You can get into a story about her, BT-1, 000, and Black Krrsantan that happens worlds away from anything Skywalkerish.

Re: Rank the New Marvel Star Wars Comics!

Wed January 10, 2018 8:24 pm

That looks interesting.

Wed January 10, 2018 8:25 pm

I've only heard about Aphra from other sources (podcasts & youtube videos and such), I haven't read her stories yet, but I already love the character. I'd be really into bringing her to life on the big screen.

Wed January 10, 2018 8:29 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:I've only heard about Aphra from other sources (podcasts & youtube videos and such), I haven't read her stories yet, but I already love the character. I'd be really into bringing her to life on the big screen.

That's just a it. A story no one has heard about a thief, a bounty hunting wookie, and 2 homicidal droids. If that's not a "new Star Wars story" nothing is.

Wed January 10, 2018 8:31 pm

B wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:I've only heard about Aphra from other sources (podcasts & youtube videos and such), I haven't read her stories yet, but I already love the character. I'd be really into bringing her to life on the big screen.

That's just a it. A story no one has heard about a thief, a bounty hunting wookie, and 2 homicidal droids. If that's not a "new Star Wars story" nothing is.

:luv:

I'm in. I think it could be a fun way to make a "new Indian Jones" movie, too, without actually bothering to make an new Indy movie. Since she's kind of a archaeologist, it just makes good sense.

Wed January 10, 2018 8:35 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
B wrote:

I'm in. I think it could be a fun way to make a "new Indian Jones" movie, too, without actually bothering to make an new Indy movie. Since she's kind of a archaeologist, it just makes good sense.

Wasn't the Crystal Skull a Star Wars prequel? Didn't the aliens transport Indy into the SW universe where he was all like "I better change my name"

Rank the New Marvel Star Wars Comics!

Wed January 10, 2018 8:36 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
B wrote:

Wasn't the Crystal Skull a Star Wars prequel? Didn't the aliens transport Indy into the SW universe where he was all like "I better change my name"

AL

My god! Can we please make that canon?!

Thu January 11, 2018 2:23 am

You really need to read the first Vader series to appreciate Aphra. Her solo series glosses over what happened in it, but she’s pretty much the main supporting character in it.

Thu January 11, 2018 3:45 am

wease wrote:You really need to read the first Vader series to appreciate Aphra. Her solo series glosses over what happened in it, but she’s pretty much the main supporting character in it.

Speaking of... how about the current Vader run? Him and Jocasta Nu? That was awesome storytelling.

Thu January 11, 2018 11:51 am

durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:You really need to read the first Vader series to appreciate Aphra. Her solo series glosses over what happened in it, but she’s pretty much the main supporting character in it.

Speaking of... how about the current Vader run? Him and Jocasta Nu? That was awesome storytelling.

Goddamn I know. The latest issue came out yesterday but I won’t get to make it to the shop until tomorrow.

Thu January 11, 2018 2:36 pm

I'm casting my movie.

Aphra

Black Krrsantan

Thu January 11, 2018 10:03 pm

wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Goddamn I know. The latest issue came out yesterday but I won’t get to make it to the shop until tomorrow.

It's soooooooooo goood!

Fri January 12, 2018 3:34 am

durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

It's soooooooooo goood!

You tease

Fri January 12, 2018 12:40 pm

I’m gonna read this today

Fri January 12, 2018 11:02 pm

It was a good one.

Fri January 12, 2018 11:04 pm

And super important regarding the overall storyline and connective tissue but also for Vader as a character. This is one of the best Star Wars comics I've seen in the new canon era. This whole Jocasta Nu arc has been wonderful.

Sat January 13, 2018 12:44 am

Picked it up today. I’ll read it later tonight.

Sat January 13, 2018 12:48 am

wease wrote:Picked it up today. I’ll read it later tonight.

:hooray:

Sun January 14, 2018 12:43 pm

I was right!!!

Thu January 18, 2018 6:42 pm

Right about what?
Post a reply