The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: They call me Snips: An Ahsoka Tano appreciation thread
PostPosted: Tue January 17, 2017 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 63832
Image

White lightsaber Ahsoka is my favorite.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: They call me Snips: An Ahsoka Tano appreciation thread
PostPosted: Tue January 17, 2017 9:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Calibrating
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 83630
Location: everybody needs to stop bragging about their mountains
washing machine wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I still need to watch her Clone Wars stuff. But I found a video on YouTube that takes scenes from all of her appearances (or, I'm guessing, most of the meaningful ones) and puts them together as a long sort of biographical experience. There's also one on Maul which I watched all of and loved. It made me want to get into The Clone Wars. They're a series called 'The Evolution of' put out by TheRebellion.

Didn't finish the Ahsoka one because I ran out of time AND I didn't want TCW episodes spoiled too much. But it seems like a great way to get to know and understand the character and her experiences without the time commitment of the cartoon series'.

I think The Clone Wars is a more enjoyable show, overall. My experience with Ahsoka thus far has been almost entirely through that show, save the cameo at the end of Rebels S1. So far, her and Anakin have been a better Padawan/Master duo than Ezra/Kanan for me. Plus, the graphics and overall stories in The Clone Wars are much more complex than anything I've seen in Rebels (I'm only through S1, though.)


I of course reserve my right to pull a 180 on that opinion once I get caught up on Rebels.

I've heard the same from a lot of folks. For me, it's just getting INTO the show. The Clone Wars is difficult to follow because of the way the aired it. Rebels is more immediately digestible and there are so many fewer episodes right now. That's why I got into that one first. I'll get around to TCW. I just need to settle into a consistent storyline, I think.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: They call me Snips: An Ahsoka Tano appreciation thread
PostPosted: Tue January 17, 2017 9:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Calibrating
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 83630
Location: everybody needs to stop bragging about their mountains
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Image

White lightsaber Ahsoka is my favorite.

:luv:

I know!

It's so weird seeing her without the white saber(s) in The Clone Wars footage I've seen. Very unsettling.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: They call me Snips: An Ahsoka Tano appreciation thread
PostPosted: Tue January 17, 2017 9:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 16533
Location: Space City
durdencommatyler wrote:
washing machine wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I still need to watch her Clone Wars stuff. But I found a video on YouTube that takes scenes from all of her appearances (or, I'm guessing, most of the meaningful ones) and puts them together as a long sort of biographical experience. There's also one on Maul which I watched all of and loved. It made me want to get into The Clone Wars. They're a series called 'The Evolution of' put out by TheRebellion.

Didn't finish the Ahsoka one because I ran out of time AND I didn't want TCW episodes spoiled too much. But it seems like a great way to get to know and understand the character and her experiences without the time commitment of the cartoon series'.

I think The Clone Wars is a more enjoyable show, overall. My experience with Ahsoka thus far has been almost entirely through that show, save the cameo at the end of Rebels S1. So far, her and Anakin have been a better Padawan/Master duo than Ezra/Kanan for me. Plus, the graphics and overall stories in The Clone Wars are much more complex than anything I've seen in Rebels (I'm only through S1, though.)


I of course reserve my right to pull a 180 on that opinion once I get caught up on Rebels.

I've heard the same from a lot of folks. For me, it's just getting INTO the show. The Clone Wars is difficult to follow because of the way the aired it. Rebels is more immediately digestible and there are so many fewer episodes right now. That's why I got into that one first. I'll get around to TCW. I just need to settle into a consistent storyline, I think.

TCW is actually easier to follow for that reason, weirdly enough. Think of it as a 5 season series with a few dozen mini-trilogies each focusing on a specific character or event, but without the burden of needing to really fit together as a fully serialized drama.

The closest thing I think I could compare that type of storytelling to would be monster of the week episodes in The X-Files. You can watch them individually in any way that you choose, but the more you watch of the series as a whole, the deeper you'll inevitably get into the recurring characters and elements in the series.

TL/DR: Padawan Ahsoka is a little firecracker and Anakin is lucky to have her.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: They call me Snips: An Ahsoka Tano appreciation thread
PostPosted: Tue January 17, 2017 10:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Calibrating
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 83630
Location: everybody needs to stop bragging about their mountains
I just have a harder time/less interest in that sort of episodic stand-alone television. I've been spoiled by modern TV, I guess. I think the real issue with TCW is that it doesn't feel like it ever starts. I'm not sure how to explain it. But no matter which episode I watch I feel like I'm completely missing something. But, again, I haven't watched more than two episodes at a time and I've only seen 6 total over the past... what? ... 3 years? So...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: They call me Snips: An Ahsoka Tano appreciation thread
PostPosted: Tue January 17, 2017 10:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Major Dude
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 23863
Location: Where everybody knows your name
I can't wait to meet her in March.

_________________
Let me tell you, Homer Simpson is cock of nothing!
- C. Montgomery Burns


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: They call me Snips: An Ahsoka Tano appreciation thread
PostPosted: Tue January 17, 2017 10:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 16533
Location: Space City
Joey, that Kotaku link I PM'd you really gets to the essential 2 and 3 episode arcs without any bullshit whatsoever, and those newsreel voice overs that start each episode serve the same purpose as crawls.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: They call me Snips: An Ahsoka Tano appreciation thread
PostPosted: Tue January 17, 2017 10:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Calibrating
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 83630
Location: everybody needs to stop bragging about their mountains
washing machine wrote:
Joey, that Kotaku link I PM'd you really gets to the essential 2 and 3 episode arcs without any bullshit whatsoever, and those newsreel voice overs that start each episode serve the same purpose as crawls.

I hate crawls so much.

Yeah, once I actually get back into watching these, I'm going to use the link you sent me as my guide.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: They call me Snips: An Ahsoka Tano appreciation thread
PostPosted: Tue January 17, 2017 10:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 16533
Location: Space City
:thumbsup:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: They call me Snips: An Ahsoka Tano appreciation thread
PostPosted: Tue January 17, 2017 10:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 63832
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Image

White lightsaber Ahsoka is my favorite.

:luv:

I know!

It's so weird seeing her without the white saber(s) in The Clone Wars footage I've seen. Very unsettling.

Wait until you read the book... The story of how they came to be is in it

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: They call me Snips: An Ahsoka Tano appreciation thread
PostPosted: Tue January 17, 2017 10:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Calibrating
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 83630
Location: everybody needs to stop bragging about their mountains
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Image

White lightsaber Ahsoka is my favorite.

:luv:

I know!

It's so weird seeing her without the white saber(s) in The Clone Wars footage I've seen. Very unsettling.

Wait until you read the book... The story of how they came to be is in it

:shock:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: They call me Snips: An Ahsoka Tano appreciation thread
PostPosted: Wed January 18, 2017 1:36 am 
Offline
User avatar
Classic B
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 14357
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Anyone read the Asoka book?

_________________
VinylGuy wrote:
Fuck, B was right all along?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: They call me Snips: An Ahsoka Tano appreciation thread
PostPosted: Wed January 18, 2017 2:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 63832
Are you classic B'ing on purpose here?

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: They call me Snips: An Ahsoka Tano appreciation thread
PostPosted: Wed January 18, 2017 3:09 am 
Offline
User avatar
Major Dude
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 23863
Location: Where everybody knows your name
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Are you classic B'ing on purpose here?

Is it classic B if it's on purpose?

_________________
Let me tell you, Homer Simpson is cock of nothing!
- C. Montgomery Burns


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: They call me Snips: An Ahsoka Tano appreciation thread
PostPosted: Wed January 18, 2017 3:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 45317
Location: Garbage Dump
i'd be lying if i said all this focus on kids' cartoons on RM wasn't off-putting and weird and a little concerning

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Take that post and push it off a bridge.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: They call me Snips: An Ahsoka Tano appreciation thread
PostPosted: Wed January 18, 2017 3:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 42864
Location: Mountains
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
i'd be lying if i said all this focus on kids' cartoons on RM wasn't off-putting and weird and a little concerning

Baby killer


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: They call me Snips: An Ahsoka Tano appreciation thread
PostPosted: Wed January 18, 2017 3:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 63832
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
i'd be lying if i said all this focus on kids' cartoons on RM wasn't off-putting and weird and a little concerning

Welp

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: They call me Snips: An Ahsoka Tano appreciation thread
PostPosted: Wed January 18, 2017 3:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 45317
Location: Garbage Dump
Strat wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
i'd be lying if i said all this focus on kids' cartoons on RM wasn't off-putting and weird and a little concerning

Baby killer

they don't deserve their own programming

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Take that post and push it off a bridge.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: They call me Snips: An Ahsoka Tano appreciation thread
PostPosted: Wed January 18, 2017 12:39 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 31, 2013 9:44 pm
Posts: 1855
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
i'd be lying if i said all this focus on kids' cartoons on RM wasn't off-putting and weird and a little concerning



Go on.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: They call me Snips: An Ahsoka Tano appreciation thread
PostPosted: Wed January 18, 2017 2:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Fri November 15, 2013 6:14 am
Posts: 21271
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
i'd be lying if i said all this focus on kids' cartoons on RM wasn't off-putting and weird and a little concerning

Welp

Image

_________________
Self wrote:
I don't know. Maybe it's just not meant to be.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu August 13, 2020 5:28 am