Switch to full style
May the force be with you
Post a reply

Re: Rank the New Marvel Star Wars Comics!

Wed January 24, 2018 7:40 pm

I don’t have that path of the Jedi book but I’m pretty sure sarcasm is a step towards the dark side

Wed January 24, 2018 7:44 pm

:lol:

But, seriously, I think both things can be true at the same time.

Wed January 24, 2018 7:56 pm

I think he’s always had good in him as Vader and it’s made him be all the more evil sometimes to compensate

Sat May 05, 2018 11:43 pm

Sun May 06, 2018 12:13 am

Apparently all the new comics are set between a new hope and empire.

That....Fuck.

Sun May 06, 2018 11:01 am

Sun May 06, 2018 12:03 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:Apparently all the new comics are set between a new hope and empire.

That....Fuck.

They have been all along.

Sun May 06, 2018 12:14 pm

Really? I don’t read the main title at all. Few of the ones with bens journals is all.

Sun May 06, 2018 1:05 pm

I've mostly checked out of all the Stars Wars comics except Vader which is wonderful.

Sun May 06, 2018 1:41 pm

I'm only on the main title and Vader's.

And yes, dime, other than you character-centric miniseries here and there, the main titles have always after the original movie.

Now, the current Vader series takes place relatively soon after ROTS. He's still learning to be a badass bad guy. And if you're not reading it, you really should be.

Mon May 07, 2018 8:04 am

Vader I have been reading. forget it and then have a few issues to catch up on. It’s been really great so far.

Mon May 07, 2018 6:51 pm

Yeah. They’ve tied it into the main title really well with both series’ current storylines, too.

Mon May 07, 2018 7:01 pm

I just put the kindle versions of all the comics in an Amazon wishlist and periodically sort it by price. When the collected editions fall below about $5 (and they do often), I buy them.

My favorites have been the Darth Vader series(es) and Doctor Aphra. I have bothered with Anakin and Obi-Wan or Poe Dameron. Most of the other stuff, I've gotten and enjoyed.

Tue May 08, 2018 1:09 am

B wrote:I just put the kindle versions of all the comics in an Amazon wishlist and periodically sort it by price. When the collected editions fall below about $5 (and they do often), I buy them.

My favorites have been the Darth Vader series(es) and Doctor Aphra. I have bothered with Anakin and Obi-Wan or Poe Dameron. Most of the other stuff, I've gotten and enjoyed.

I quit the Aphra series a couple months back. Storylines got to where they weren't keeping me interested

Sun August 26, 2018 9:19 pm

Bought these, and read Imperial Machine this weekend. It hasn't blown me away yet, but I still had fun reading it. Large parts of it felt like a natural continuation of the Darth Vader story.

Wed August 29, 2018 9:03 am

The second book has been quite a bit better. Jocasta Nu has been a much more nuanced and interesting character, compared to comic book warrior Kirak Infil'a which featured heavily in the first book.

Wed August 29, 2018 4:46 pm

The last two chapters were actually top class. Finally a real threat and a mystery all in one. Will buy the third book once it’s out.

Wed August 29, 2018 7:13 pm

Anders wrote:The last two chapters were actually top class. Finally a real threat and a mystery all in one. Will buy the third book once it’s out.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sun September 16, 2018 1:32 pm

New Vader series ending at #25.

Sun September 16, 2018 3:06 pm

wease wrote:New Vader series ending at #25.

Good.

Someone let me know when the whole story is out in one big trade paperback book. I want to buy that.
Post a reply