The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars Battlefront II
PostPosted: Tue July 09, 2019 7:27 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I'm disinclined toward online gaming. As such, I've avoided this game. It seems like much of the praise it gets (at least that I've seen) revolves around online stuff. Still worth getting if you're not an online gamer?

PostPosted: Tue July 09, 2019 7:30 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
I'm disinclined toward online gaming. As such, I've avoided this game. It seems like much of the praise it gets (at least that I've seen) revolves around online stuff. Still worth getting if you're not an online gamer?

Not really. The story is pretty short. You can watch the cutscenes online.

PostPosted: Tue July 09, 2019 7:30 pm 
The Master

Anders wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:
I usually play as an officer with a turret, and then as a commando droid whenever possible.

You on XBox or PS4?

XBox

I thought so. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue July 09, 2019 7:34 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Yeah, I've already done that.

PostPosted: Tue July 09, 2019 7:40 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I don't typically like online games either, but there's enough of an arcade feel in this to make it worthwhile. The SW paint helps a lot too. Still, if it's not your bag I wouldn't feel bad about skipping it.

PostPosted: Tue July 09, 2019 7:59 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I don't typically like online games either, but there's enough of an arcade feel in this to make it worthwhile. The SW paint helps a lot too. Still, if it's not your bag I wouldn't feel bad about skipping it.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So all the like Heroes v Villains stuff, none of that has an offline version? The only thing you can do offline is the story mode?

PostPosted: Tue July 09, 2019 8:00 pm 
Production Police

yeah, it's the SW paint (particularly the SFX) that makes this game so enjoyable. It's pretty straight-forward, and fairly chaotic. But it's immediately entertaining, and it doesn't take too long to figure out how to play a little smarter.

PostPosted: Tue July 09, 2019 9:18 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

This should be in the video game sub forum. I'm sick of coming in here thinking there's something new in a Star Wars thread and reading this thread instead.

PostPosted: Tue July 09, 2019 9:19 pm 
Production Police

If only some handsome mod would move it to the proper forum...

PostPosted: Wed July 10, 2019 5:49 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

The campaign takes about 5-6 hours to beat. It’s fun to play, and I believe the story is canon Star Wars. I haven’t spent a lot of time on other offline modes, but I have read they take you up to more than ten hours combined, played once over.

I checked some other games in single player mode (Battlefield 1 5-6 hours, God Of War 3 10 hours, Super Mario Odyssey 15 hours, Destiny 20 hours, games that are talked about as some of the longest campaigns are listed as 30 hours, while they say Red Dead Redemption 2 takes 60 hours).

If you only like playing single player offline mode, then this game wouldn't be your first choice for value at full price. At a cheaper price, when valuing the quality of the game, over the amount of content, it's well worth it. For online playing at any reasonable price, it's a really good choice. I’m probably in the 100+ hours range for this game now. But what keeps me coming back are the online modes. I love playing 20 vs 20 with people from all over the world.

PostPosted: Wed July 10, 2019 2:48 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Anders wrote:
The campaign takes about 5-6 hours to beat. It’s fun to play, and I believe the story is canon Star Wars. I haven’t spent a lot of time on other offline modes, but I have read they take you up to more than ten hours combined, played once over.

I checked some other games in single player mode (Battlefield 1 5-6 hours, God Of War 3 10 hours, Super Mario Odyssey 15 hours, Destiny 20 hours, games that are talked about as some of the longest campaigns are listed as 30 hours, while they say Red Dead Redemption 2 takes 60 hours).

If you only like playing single player offline mode, then this game wouldn't be your first choice for value at full price. At a cheaper price, when valuing the quality of the game, over the amount of content, it's well worth it. For online playing at any reasonable price, it's a really good choice. I’m probably in the 100+ hours range for this game now. But what keeps me coming back are the online modes. I love playing 20 vs 20 with people from all over the world.

thank you

PostPosted: Thu October 17, 2019 3:47 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

They keep updating with new maps on the domination mode. Very cool.

PostPosted: Thu October 17, 2019 4:06 pm 
The Master

Anders wrote:
They keep updating with new maps on the domination mode. Very cool.

I need to play some of these. Didn't they promise some Rise of the Skywalker content as well?

PostPosted: Thu October 17, 2019 4:12 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Yes:

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/star-wars-battlefront-2/news/roadmap-august-2019-update?isLocalized=true

And here’s from another site:

«The biggest news is the upcoming addition of Rise of Skywalker-inspired content which will drop in December, likely right around when the film hits theaters on December 20. So far there's only the announcement that content is coming, with no details, as EA isn't "prepared to dig in deeper than that right now." It could be the addition of new characters - perhaps a Kylo Ren or a Rey? Maybe even the super-hyped bad ass Zorri Bliss?

Additionally, August will see the addition of new appearances of the B1 Droid, the assault class for the Separatists, to close the gap between them and the wide variety of Clone Trooper outfits. There's a new contextual spawning feature which will allow you to spawn directly on tactical assets on the battlefront, starting with Command Posts in Capital Supremacy and Instant Action. The normal Squad Spawn menu will now offer you a list of Command Posts to spawn onto, but you can only spawn onto ones that your team has full control over. Also, the Separatist Dreadnought and Republic Venator will be playable in Heroes vs Villains, a highly requested add-on.

Then, September is set to debut a handful of modes and content. There's a new Clone Commando reinforcement which hearkens back to the Episode III tie-in game Star Wars Republic Commando, and Felucia, the Clone Wars-era map, will also arrive within the month. A version of Felucia was in the original Star Wars Battlefront 2, and we've been waiting to land on it again. According to EA, "this map takes place as the Separatists’ invasion of Felucia is nearing its end. With only a single, powerful vehicle left to cover the evacuation of a Felucian farming community, the clones struggle to maintain their last line of defense long enough for Republic transports to collect a large cache of valuable medicinal plants from the village."

September will also introduce two new gameplay modes: co-op and a large scale single player mode. Four player online co-op will let you team up with other players, choose to play as the Galactic or the Separatist Alliance, and take part in a large scale PvE battle on all five Clone Wars planets. The large-scale single player mode, called Instant Action, will also debut in September. EA says "it will take the Supremacy element of Capital Supremacy (the planetary phase) and allow you to play through it on your own. At release, you will have access to all the maps that are currently available within Capital Supremacy: Naboo, Kamino, Kashyyyk, Geonosis, and Felucia." My Force sense is tingling.»

PostPosted: Wed December 11, 2019 6:56 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

«The Rise of Skywalker update will be released for Star Wars Battlefront 2 on December 17, with the new map coming out a few days later, on December 20.

The biggest addition coming to the game is a new map, set on a jungle planet from Star Wars: Episode IX. While EA's announcement didn't name the planet, it's most likely the world of Ajan Kloss, which looks to be home to a Resistance base where Rey and Leia can be seen training in The Rise of Skywalker trailer.

The Rise of Skywalker update to Battlefront 2 also includes four new characters, split between the Resistance and the First Order. Joining the First Order are the red-armored Sith Troopers, with their advanced weaponry, and the jetpack-toting Jet Troopers, which have a grenade-launching blaster rifle in addition to air superiority. The new Resistance fighters include a Gunner and Spy unit, each of which are new alien species from the upcoming movie.»

PostPosted: Wed December 11, 2019 6:56 pm 
The Master

Anders wrote:
«The Rise of Skywalker update will be released for Star Wars Battlefront 2 on December 17, with the new map coming out a few days later, on December 20.

The biggest addition coming to the game is a new map, set on a jungle planet from Star Wars: Episode IX. While EA's announcement didn't name the planet, it's most likely the world of Ajan Kloss, which looks to be home to a Resistance base where Rey and Leia can be seen training in The Rise of Skywalker trailer.

The Rise of Skywalker update to Battlefront 2 also includes four new characters, split between the Resistance and the First Order. Joining the First Order are the red-armored Sith Troopers, with their advanced weaponry, and the jetpack-toting Jet Troopers, which have a grenade-launching blaster rifle in addition to air superiority. The new Resistance fighters include a Gunner and Spy unit, each of which are new alien species from the upcoming movie.»

Awesome!

PostPosted: Sat January 22, 2022 9:11 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Hardly played it for a while on the xbox, but now it’s the most played game again on my fairly new PS5. Just so much fun. Action filled, interesting modes, characters and locations.

PostPosted: Sun January 23, 2022 4:54 am 
The Master

I probably put 50 hours into this.

PostPosted: Sun January 23, 2022 6:23 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I like that on the PS5 (and the Switch), the machine counts those hours for you. So you can easily keep tabs on how much you’ve played a game, or which you’ve played the most.

PostPosted: Mon January 24, 2022 1:08 am 
what on earth am I talking about

Hang on

This is available on switch?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars