The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1871 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 94  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars Awesomeness
PostPosted: Tue December 25, 2018 1:27 am 
what on earth am I talking about

Watching empire of dreams.
More people should see this. It’s fantastic.

‘Joseph Campbell said “George Lucas is the best student I ever had”’

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2019 1:38 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2019 7:41 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Did Burt draw that?

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2019 7:47 pm 

B wrote:

Something nobody considers. Everybody the stormtroopers encounter on the Tantiive IV they kill. The corridors are littered with rebel bodies. The tons of stormtroopers that chase han and chewie and the gang back to the falcon have been instructed not only to miss but to herd them to the falcon in order to let them escape so that they can lead them to the rebel base. Vader even knowingly sacrifices the four ties that give chase as they escape. The entire Death Star with possibly millions of ties on board and they sent only four.
The homing beacon will do the work and help them crush the rebellion once and for all.
Leia saw through the ease of their escape being experienced in both rebel and imperial tactics.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2019 9:50 pm 
Future Drummer

B wrote:

While this is a good drawing and funny, I can't help but be a bit irked that the pen and pencils are conveniently placed to show that the person drew it.

I think I need a trip to some mountain range and get rid of all this grumpiness.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2019 10:09 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

You noticed that too? It looks staged - which I assume it is - and almost looks like a parody of an instagram shoot or something. Weird.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2019 10:12 pm 

The pencils are bothering you but the entirely unnecessary pair of shades aren’t?

PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2019 12:49 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

bune wrote:
You noticed that too? It looks staged - which I assume it is - and almost looks like a parody of an instagram shoot or something. Weird.

worse, it was a pinterest post.

PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2019 2:11 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

dimejinky99 wrote:
B wrote:

Something nobody considers. Everybody the stormtroopers encounter on the Tantiive IV they kill. The corridors are littered with rebel bodies.

PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2019 2:15 pm 

McP. They’re literally all dead by the time Vader walks in. He even stops and looks around at all the bodies on the floor ffs

PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2019 2:17 pm 
Future Drummer

dimejinky99 wrote:
B wrote:

Something nobody considers. Everybody the stormtroopers encounter on the Tantiive IV they kill. The corridors are littered with rebel bodies. The tons of stormtroopers that chase han and chewie and the gang back to the falcon have been instructed not only to miss but to herd them to the falcon in order to let them escape so that they can lead them to the rebel base. Vader even knowingly sacrifices the four ties that give chase as they escape. The entire Death Star with possibly millions of ties on board and they sent only four.
The homing beacon will do the work and help them crush the rebellion once and for all.
Leia saw through the ease of their escape being experienced in both rebel and imperial tactics.

That's an interesting thing to think about.

I remember as a kid me and my brother would get our sw toy blasters and recreate that hallway scene, pretending we were rebels waiting for the stormtroopers to burst through the door. We'd use our hallway as the uh, well, Tantive IV hallway. I think we may have used bowls for helmets. I remember putting vests on.

PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2019 2:18 pm 
Future Drummer

dimejinky99 wrote:
The pencils are bothering you but the entirely unnecessary pair of shades aren’t?

Yeah, those make no sense either. But I was focused on those darn artistic utensils!

PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2019 2:19 pm 

That sounds like fun BV.
I had mad adventures with my Luke action figure and x wing toy my grandma bought me.

PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2019 2:26 pm 
Future Drummer

dimejinky99 wrote:
That sounds like fun BV.
I had mad adventures with my Luke action figure and x wing toy my grandma bought me.

oh yeah. And taking my toys outside and using the tree out front as a base. And one place where we lived, there was a dead end at the end of the road, before it went into a field (and then woods). The dirt at the dead end eroded from runoff and made little canyons that could be used for star wars figures to use as trenches and base locations. Lots of fun.

PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2019 2:28 pm 

blueviper wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
That sounds like fun BV.

oh yeah. And taking my toys outside and using the tree out front as a base. And one place where we lived, there was a dead end at the end of the road, before it went into a field (and then woods). The dirt at the dead end eroded from runoff and made little canyons that could be used for star wars figures to use as trenches and base locations. Lots of fun.

Loved that stuff :) I think we all did that. Playing with them in the mud.

Kinda scary to think now I have a great many friends that spend thousands annually collecting these toys and action figures only to leave them on a shelf in a box unopened

PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2019 2:57 pm 
Future Drummer

dimejinky99 wrote:
blueviper wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
That sounds like fun BV.

Kinda scary to think now I have a great many friends that spend thousands annually collecting these toys and action figures only to leave them on a shelf in a box unopened

Yeah, kinda sad too. Three or so years ago I put on the OT movies for my daughter and she liked them and wanted to play with my toys. The only ones I could find at the time were my little box of sw figures from the collection that came out around 1999-2000? These were OT, not prequels. So she played with those and my original 1983 Jabba the Hutt. So cool to see them being used instead of in a box.

now my sw toys (originals and newer items) just sit in containers in the basement. I keep thinking about selling some just to 1) make some money 2) maybe they would be put on display or played with. They don't do any good locked up downstairs.

PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2019 3:00 pm 

blueviper wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
blueviper wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
That sounds like fun BV.

Yeah, kinda sad too. Three or so years ago I put on the OT movies for my daughter and she liked them and wanted to play with my toys. The only ones I could find at the time were my little box of sw figures from the collection that came out around 1999-2000? These were OT, not prequels. So she played with those and my original 1983 Jabba the Hutt. So cool to see them being used instead of in a box.

now my sw toys (originals and newer items) just sit in containers in the basement. I keep thinking about selling some just to 1) make some money 2) maybe they would be put on display or played with. They don't do any good locked up downstairs.

It’s the right time to sell. I can link you ip to a few sw toy fb pages where you can move them easily, if you like.
The prices are only ever going up on this stuff but now particularly is a sellers window.

PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2019 3:42 pm 
Future Drummer

dimejinky99 wrote:
blueviper wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
blueviper wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
That sounds like fun BV.

It’s the right time to sell. I can link you ip to a few sw toy fb pages where you can move them easily, if you like.
The prices are only ever going up on this stuff but now particularly is a sellers window.

Cool, thanks. The only one i've used before was RebelScum 10 years ago to sell some new items.

PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2019 3:46 pm 

I’ll pm you some links later. They seem like tight communities with little to no shenanigans.

PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2019 5:18 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

dimejinky99 wrote:
McP. They’re literally all dead by the time Vader walks in. He even stops and looks around at all the bodies on the floor ffs

dime, they literally take an eternity killing each other in a short, narrow hallway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1871 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 94  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars