The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: #HaydeninIX #BringBackAnakin
PostPosted: Wed August 08, 2018 4:36 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Guys, its hinted in TFA that Anakin did appeared to Kylo.

From a certain point of view, sure. It can certainly be interpreted that way.

Being that jj is back, i guess he will give us more from that.

If that's what he intended in the first place, I'm sure he will. But it's pretty open to interpretation.

What do you want to see? Anakin being the puppetmaster for Kylo? Something else? Anakin being divided in two force ghosts?

I've said before, I want to see something like Force Ghost Luke bringing in Force Ghost Anakin to talk to Kylo as a last resort to turning him from total destruction and the Dark Side.

It would be great to see Luke "haunt" Kylo through the movie but see him fail to turn Kylo on his own. So Luke goes to Anakin and convinces him to try one last time because he might be the only one Kylo will listen to.

Just one scene with Anakin as a Force Ghost. That's it.

I could not be more against this plan.

Why?

I just think it’s wrong to have Christensen as the Force Ghost for one thing. I think it was a terrible idea at the time and I still do. It worked better as the broken old man/machine being “normal” in the Force than it did to de-age him 30 years. If he gets younger again, then Obi-Wan should have, as well. And don’t give me the bullshit cop out that he went back to when he was good. He was good at the very end of his life so that’s the last time he was good.

Having said that, I, in no way, shape or form want to see him reprise his role as Anakin as a Force Ghost.

Ah. I see. Well that's not really my angle or what I was getting at but whatever. Hopefully, you don't have to see it.

PostPosted: Wed August 08, 2018 7:00 am 
what on earth am I talking about

If you don’t think they’re not going to put the main character and reason for the first two trilogies into the final chapter of the final trilogy, simply cos you don’t want it, you’re gonna be sorely disappointed I’d say.

PostPosted: Wed August 08, 2018 10:34 am 
Major Dude

durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

If that's what he intended in the first place, I'm sure he will. But it's pretty open to interpretation.

What do you want to see? Anakin being the puppetmaster for Kylo? Something else? Anakin being divided in two force ghosts?

I've said before, I want to see something like Force Ghost Luke bringing in Force Ghost Anakin to talk to Kylo as a last resort to turning him from total destruction and the Dark Side.

It would be great to see Luke "haunt" Kylo through the movie but see him fail to turn Kylo on his own. So Luke goes to Anakin and convinces him to try one last time because he might be the only one Kylo will listen to.

Why?

I just think it’s wrong to have Christensen as the Force Ghost for one thing. I think it was a terrible idea at the time and I still do. It worked better as the broken old man/machine being “normal” in the Force than it did to de-age him 30 years. If he gets younger again, then Obi-Wan should have, as well. And don’t give me the bullshit cop out that he went back to when he was good. He was good at the very end of his life so that’s the last time he was good.

Having said that, I, in no way, shape or form want to see him reprise his role as Anakin as a Force Ghost.

Ah. I see. Well that's not really my angle or what I was getting at but whatever. Hopefully, you don't have to see it.

But you want FG Luke to bring in FG Anakin. What other inference is there?

PostPosted: Wed August 08, 2018 10:43 am 
Major Dude

dimejinky99 wrote:
If you don’t think they’re not going to put the main character and reason for the first two trilogies into the final chapter of the final trilogy, simply cos you don’t want it, you’re gonna be sorely disappointed I’d say.

Read your history. Vader was NOT the reason for the original trilogy. And he most certainly was NOT the main character. That was Luke’s tale that got bastardized into becoming the overall resolution of Anakin Skywalker by some not-so-clever retconning by Lucas. In the original movie, Vader was little more than a super powerful henchman subservient to Tarkin. We know nothing about anything beyond that role at this point because nothing was written establishing else. To suggest he’s the main character and reason for the OT is silly enough, but to claim he’s the main character in the original movie is ludricous.

PostPosted: Wed August 08, 2018 1:34 pm 
Future Drummer

Well, I guess you have the light side and the dark side.

The Jedi are a group that has harnessed the light side and used it for peace and protection. The Sith are the other team that has harnessed the dark side for power and evil.

I think it gets confusing because the OT has the light side and Jedi, but only the dark side and really doesn't say the Sith as a team (Even though Vader is referred as a dark lord of the sith)

PT is when the whole Jedi vs Sith things comes up, I think.

Do they talk about Sith stuff in TFA or TLJ? I can't remember. So I guess Kylo and Snoke are harnessing the dark side, but haven't said they are trying to resurrect the Sith team.

PostPosted: Wed August 08, 2018 1:38 pm 
Future Drummer

wease wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Read your history. Vader was NOT the reason for the original trilogy. And he most certainly was NOT the main character. That was Luke’s tale that got bastardized into becoming the overall resolution of Anakin Skywalker by some not-so-clever retconning by Lucas. In the original movie, Vader was little more than a super powerful henchman subservient to Tarkin. We know nothing about anything beyond that role at this point because nothing was written establishing else. To suggest he’s the main character and reason for the OT is silly enough, but to claim he’s the main character in the original movie is ludricous.

And just looking at the OT by itself (it was it's own thing for 16 years), you can also say it's still Luke's story in the end, even with the emphasis put on Vader/Anakin father/son later on. No one in 83 was thinking "I really like the Anakin redemption.". It was more like "Luke is a Jedi now! And his dad helped him defeat the Emperor!"

PostPosted: Wed August 08, 2018 1:40 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:

This sentence broke my brain.

PostPosted: Wed August 08, 2018 1:54 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Guys Vader-Anakin is the main guy for the two trilogies. Even Lucas said that. Its about the fall and the redemption of Anakin.

Does this story needs him? No. But i liked what JJ hinted in TFA and i hope he continues that path. And also explain how Maz got the lightsaber and who the fuck was Snoke, who are Rey parents, and how can Luke come back from dead.

Yeah.

PostPosted: Wed August 08, 2018 1:58 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Anakin appeals to pedos

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed August 08, 2018 3:22 pm 

wease wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Read your history?

Im not responding to that. Anakin is the chosen one. The entire prequels are about that
You don’t have a follow up trilogy without him. That rest of them is his son and his redemption though his son.

Last edited by dimejinky99 on Wed August 08, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed August 08, 2018 3:29 pm 

blueviper wrote:
wease wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

And just looking at the OT by itself (it was it's own thing for 16 years), you can also say it's still Luke's story in the end, even with the emphasis put on Vader/Anakin father/son later on. No one in 83 was thinking "I really like the Anakin redemption.". It was more like "Luke is a Jedi now! And his dad helped him defeat the Emperor!"

And here’s the entire problem with all these complaints encapsulated in one post.
The ot is all there is. Nothing can or should exist outside it.

It can and it does. The story didn’t start with luke leaving Tatooine and it didn’t end on endor.
It’s not a hermetically sealed beginning and end. It wasn’t even after ROTJ came out. An entire expanded universe was spawned. We’ve had it growing further on screen for 19 years now since tpm. There is more to this than the ot films, folks.

PostPosted: Wed August 08, 2018 4:16 pm 
The Master

wease wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

"Theres still good in him, i feel it"

yes, the story was Luke, but to suggest that the redemption of Darth Vader didnt exist in the OT is wrong.

PostPosted: Wed August 08, 2018 4:30 pm 

Strat wrote:
wease wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

yes, the story was Luke, but to suggest that the redemption of Darth Vader didnt exist in the OT is wrong.

Read your history Strat. Sheesh.

PostPosted: Wed August 08, 2018 4:31 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

Why?

But you want FG Luke to bring in FG Anakin. What other inference is there?

I was merely trying to say I want to see Anakin in a scene. I don't care whether or not the character is played by Hayden. I'm in favor of the character's inclusion, is all. It sounded to me like you were opposed even to that.

PostPosted: Wed August 08, 2018 4:35 pm 
The Master

Star Wars can really bring the worst out in people! thanks trump!

PostPosted: Wed August 08, 2018 5:24 pm 
Future Drummer

dimejinky99 wrote:
blueviper wrote:
wease wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

And here’s the entire problem with all these complaints encapsulated in one post.

It can and it does. The story didn’t start with luke leaving Tatooine and it didn’t end on endor.
It’s not a hermetically sealed beginning and end. It wasn’t even after ROTJ came out. An entire expanded universe was spawned. We’ve had it growing further on screen for 19 years now since tpm. There is more to this than the ot films, folks.

Yeah, I understand. I think that's where my problem lies. I have a hard time reconciling the fact that the SW universe has been extended canonically through new movies and it changes OT things. I just can't get over it, and will probably affect everything I type on this forum.

I apologize in advance. I think I'm coming to terms that I'm an OT purist and I'll just have to deal with it.

PostPosted: Wed August 08, 2018 5:33 pm 
The Master

blueviper wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
blueviper wrote:
wease wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Yeah, I understand. I think that's where my problem lies. I have a hard time reconciling the fact that the SW universe has been extended canonically through new movies and it changes OT things. I just can't get over it, and will probably affect everything I type on this forum.

I apologize in advance. I think I'm coming to terms that I'm an OT purist and I'll just have to deal with it.

Lightning Bolt doesn't ruin how brilliant Binaural is.

PostPosted: Wed August 08, 2018 6:12 pm 
Future Drummer

Strat wrote:
blueviper wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
blueviper wrote:
wease wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Lightning Bolt doesn't ruin how brilliant Binaural is.

I don't know if you can compare albums to movies. I don't see a specific storyline from Binaural to Lightning Bolt. Just different styles of music.

PostPosted: Wed August 08, 2018 7:07 pm 
Major Dude

Strat wrote:
wease wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Not in the original movie. There’s nothing in there about it at all.

PostPosted: Wed August 08, 2018 7:08 pm 
Major Dude

blueviper wrote:
wease wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Yes

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars