The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: #HaydeninIX #BringBackAnakin
PostPosted: Mon August 06, 2018 5:03 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

durdencommatyler wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Bring back Christianson, but have him play the force ghost of jar jar binks instead.

I won't be surprised if Jar Jar shows up as a Resistance ally in 9.

It has to happen, really.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon August 06, 2018 6:06 am 
what on earth am I talking about

They already got rid of him in one of the new books.
He’s lost his position and been exiled again, his people turned against him for giving Palpatine the vote that enabled him to take over.

Now he’s homeless and juggles on the streets of mos eisley to make money.

Think it’s in the aftermath books.

PostPosted: Mon August 06, 2018 12:23 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

yeah i read that. Poor Jar Jar.

PostPosted: Mon August 06, 2018 1:54 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
He’s lost his position and been exiled again, his people turned against him for giving Palpatine the vote that enabled him to take over.

I know. But he's still around. If the galaxy distrusts the Resistance after the events of the last two films as its being hinted at in the Poe comics, they have few allies. No one answered their call. I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me at all to see a shy, broken, humbled Jar Jar try to redeem himself by coming hat in hand to Leia Anna offering to help. He could easily be one of the few willing to do the right thing.

Couple that with Ahmed's real life stuff and it makes all the sense in the world. Give us an older heroic Jar Jar. The fans are ready top embrace the character, I think. It makes so much sense to me.

PostPosted: Mon August 06, 2018 2:57 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

You guys are talking about bringing back the two worst characters of the prequels. Clearly you have some underlying unhappiness about the current trilogy

PostPosted: Mon August 06, 2018 4:38 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon August 06, 2018 4:40 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

I know. But he's still around. If the galaxy distrusts the Resistance after the events of the last two films as its being hinted at in the Poe comics, they have few allies. No one answered their call. I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me at all to see a shy, broken, humbled Jar Jar try to redeem himself by coming hat in hand to Leia Anna offering to help. He could easily be one of the few willing to do the right thing.

Couple that with Ahmed's real life stuff and it makes all the sense in the world. Give us an older heroic Jar Jar. The fans are ready top embrace the character, I think. It makes so much sense to me.

Id be up for this actually. I trust Abrams far more with Jar Jar than George Lucas.

PostPosted: Mon August 06, 2018 4:41 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

To be 100% clear, Ruddo, I'm not necessarily advocating for a Jar Jar appearance in 9. But it does make sense and it's easy to imagine different plausible scenarios. So I won't be surprised if it happens.

Anakin though, I do hope we see. I do want that.

PostPosted: Mon August 06, 2018 4:45 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

He'd be very old. How long do weird kangaroo fish people live?

PostPosted: Mon August 06, 2018 4:46 pm 

It seems every single species in Star Wars ages slower and live longer than humans.

PostPosted: Mon August 06, 2018 4:58 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

theplatypus wrote:

I don't know if they've ever confirmed the average lifespan of a Gungan. Google tells me that it's about 65 years. Which, yeah, in that case, Jar Jar's gotta be dead by the events of Ep 9. But I don't know if that number is officially canon or not. I suppose if JJ wanted to bring him back, that would trump all non-canon info. Seems like it's up in the air and they can do whatever they want.

PostPosted: Mon August 06, 2018 5:00 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
theplatypus wrote:

I don't know if they've ever confirmed the average lifespan of a Gungan. Google tells me that it's about 65 years. Which, yeah, in that case, Jar Jar's gotta be dead by the events of Ep 9. But I don't know if that number is officially canon or not. I suppose if JJ wanted to bring him back, that would trump all non-canon info. Seems like it's up in the air and they can do whatever they want.

#notmystarwars

PostPosted: Mon August 06, 2018 5:22 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I also seem to remember hearing a story about JJ almost putting Jar Jar's skeleton in the Jakku desert as an "easter egg". Obviously, that didn't happen. But I think JJ hates Jar Jar. So that makes the odds far less likely.

PostPosted: Mon August 06, 2018 5:26 pm 

I Do believe JJ wants to incorporate elements of the prequels in 9 but I don’t think jar jar is among them.

All the new books coming early next year are all about the prequel era and it’s phantom menaces 20th anniversary so no doubt he’ll turn up somewhere among it all

PostPosted: Mon August 06, 2018 5:32 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
There's not been any evidence that sith return as force ghosts, right? In anything canon? Why would they introduce that now?

Uh, the end of RotJ shows him as a ghost (both times) doesn't it?

PostPosted: Mon August 06, 2018 5:48 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

bune wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
There's not been any evidence that sith return as force ghosts, right? In anything canon? Why would they introduce that now?

Yes, but had Anakin not redeemed himself and turned back to the light side before he died, he wouldn't have been able to achieve his Force Ghost afterlife. Had he died a Sith, it wouldn't have been possible. Darth side users, canonically, up to now, have had no way of attaining any afterlife. Their hunger and desire for power keeps them from this. That's been George's perspective anyway. It's also why he changed Anakin's Force Ghost appearance in RotJ, to reinforce the idea that Good/Light Side/Jedi Anakin CAN be Force Ghost. But Evil/Dark Side/Sith Vader cannot.

PostPosted: Mon August 06, 2018 5:57 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
bune wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Yes, but had Anakin not redeemed himself and turned back to the light side before he died, he wouldn't have been able to achieve his Force Ghost afterlife. Had he died a Sith, it wouldn't have been possible. Darth side users, canonically, up to now, have had no way of attaining any afterlife. Their hunger and desire for power keeps them from this. That's been George's perspective anyway. It's also why he changed Anakin's Force Ghost appearance in RotJ, to reinforce the idea that Good/Light Side/Jedi Anakin CAN be Force Ghost. But Evil/Dark Side/Sith Vader cannot.

Up until your last sentence everything makes complete sense. Though ive always struggled with it because this Anakin was redeemed

PostPosted: Mon August 06, 2018 5:59 pm 

Well never see sith force ghosts. Not even sure the ridiculous EU went there.
We’d have Palpatine and SNoke and countless others turning up in that case.

That said Yoda does encounter a ghost or vision of Darth Bane in a Clone Wars episode.
(Voiced by Mark Hamill too). Can’t remember what that was about tho.

PostPosted: Mon August 06, 2018 6:20 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I don't disagree Strat. It's still an odd choice to revert him back to his youth. But it's what George wanted. It made sense to him and here we are.

There are certain points of view required. He appears in an uncorrupted form. That was when he was last Anakin Skywalker. You can make it make sense.

Either way, the point is, he couldn't be a Force Ghost if he was still Dark Side/Sith.

PostPosted: Mon August 06, 2018 7:06 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

durdencommatyler wrote:
bune wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Ah, right, the livelihood of the Internet: Semantics.

;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars