The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rose Tico
PostPosted: Sat July 14, 2018 5:59 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Do you even disagree that she is a "fembot"? It's the only reason you seem to like her. You automatically love all this shit because it pushes your idiotic ideology. That is enough for you. You do this over and over and over. It's completely dishonest.

I didnt even like the robot that much. Least favorite droid. Again, do you believe everything that you type? Burt, calm down. You are just as ridiculous on the other end of the spectrum. Get off your own shit.

Just ignore him, Strat. Burt needs to lash out when he thinks he's being called out on his own insecurity. Like most of this man-children populating the internet, he doesn't have the intellectual dexterity to hold two thoughts in his mind. He can only post nonsensical memes, jokes that are (at best) infantile and in poor taste, or come out swinging hoping to land a sucker punch. I'd say laugh it off, but being laughed at is probably the reason he's as angry and insecure as he is. Tuning out is the only thing he'll respond to. Eventually he'll get bored a pick something else to try and make others feel shitty about.

Hi Joey!

PostPosted: Sat July 14, 2018 6:00 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Strat wrote:
Hi Joey!

How's it going, buddy?! Nothing like some light boarding on a Saturday afternoon, eh?

PostPosted: Sat July 14, 2018 6:00 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
Hi Joey!

How's it going, buddy?! Nothing like some light boarding on a Saturday afternoon, eh?

Well it makes since because im actually at the office right now "working". So, i feel right at home in this moment.

PostPosted: Sat July 14, 2018 6:01 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Do you even disagree that she is a "fembot"? It's the only reason you seem to like her. You automatically love all this shit because it pushes your idiotic ideology. That is enough for you. You do this over and over and over. It's completely dishonest.

I didnt even like the robot that much. Least favorite droid. Again, do you believe everything that you type? Burt, calm down. You are just as ridiculous on the other end of the spectrum. Get off your own shit.

Just ignore him, Strat. Burt needs to lash out when he thinks he's being called out on his own insecurity. Like most of this man-children populating the internet, he doesn't have the intellectual dexterity to hold two thoughts in his mind. He can only post nonsensical memes, jokes that are (at best) infantile and in poor taste, or come out swinging hoping to land a sucker punch. I'd say laugh it off, but being laughed at is probably the reason he's as angry and insecure as he is. Tuning out is the only thing he'll respond to. Eventually he'll get bored a pick something else to try and make others feel shitty about.

ah yes, the "what he REALLY means/ who he REALLY is" bullshit again. Absolute mind readers. Never taking an argument at face value.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Post subject: Re: Rose Tico: Best or Worst Character Ever?
PostPosted: Sat July 14, 2018 6:01 pm 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
ON a complete tangent but you’ll see those most vocal TLJ haters saying it’s a sjw wankfest and forcing modern agendas is just box ticking, and has no place in Star Wars

Yet they miss the whole thing in Solo about L3 and her whole droids rights crusade and how that’s a subtle dig at sjw crusaders and how overbearing they can be.

Then again they didn’t see the film cos they boycotted it so..

I don't want to get too far into it in this thread, but the mis-characterization of L3 by the haters is hilarious to me. And, again, just like with Rose and Rey and others, plays into the inherent male bias/misogyny rampant in society. Dude-Bros are so threatened that they have to attack a fucking robot? Seriously? The fact these insecure men automatically call her a "Fembot" or the like is a perfect illustration. It's hilarious how that's the first place they go when the implications are far larger. Maybe if a male actor had voiced the character. But alas...

Those guys main complaint on twitter and reddit etc is white men are being forced out and it’s all a sjw agenda and women are taking over. And accuse anyone of agreeing with it if being a soyboy and sjw. They miss the blatant irony that their own sense of worth or masculinity is so fragile and easily threatened. It’s laughable. But they don’t see it.
As it relates to Star Wars it’s even worse. They got upset. About a female droid.

You couldn’t make it up.

What’s happened in all these guys lives? Are they literally mid 30s/40s forever alone living in their parents attic? I know that’s a stereotype but it really does look like that’s the case

Again, this pretty much a complete lie. Yes, there will always be trolls on the internet. What a shock. But the overwhelming majority are not doing anything close to complaining that "white men are being forced out." That isn't the argument that is being made. I haven't seen a single youtube video or negative review/breakdown/rant that has made this argument. This has nothing to do with your bullshit terms like "fragile masculinity" or any of that SJW nonsense.

Do you not see the irony of claiming that they call anyone who likes these movies soyboys, when in the same post you claim that they are all pathetic loser incels who live in their parents basement?

What I am seeing is a bunch of powerful people using language of oppression to cover their asses and deflect legit criticism with claims that everyone who didn't like their shit movie is an incel living in their parents' basement who hate women and minorities. Its blatantly dishonest bullshit. And you swallow it up.

Its Ghostbusters all over again (although in this case they had the good sense to not make it a marketing campaign, they waited until after a movie failed to unleash the "everyone who doesn't like me hates women" bullshit).

You know so many ways to be wicked, but you dont know one little thing about love.

PostPosted: Sat July 14, 2018 6:02 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
Hi Joey!

Well it makes since because im actually at the office right now "working". So, i feel right at home in this moment.

:lol:

Do you largely get to make your own hours? Do you have a way to watch movies while you're "working."

PostPosted: Sat July 14, 2018 6:02 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Why wouldn't I believe it? What do you disagree with about what I said?

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat July 14, 2018 6:05 pm 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Why wouldn't I believe it? What do you disagree with about what I said?

I do not believe untalented SJW's are writing Star Wars movies and creating Fembots to push their agenda. And I do not automatically eat this shit up.

PostPosted: Sat July 14, 2018 6:06 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

BurtReynolds wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
ON a complete tangent but you’ll see those most vocal TLJ haters saying it’s a sjw wankfest and forcing modern agendas is just box ticking, and has no place in Star Wars

Yet they miss the whole thing in Solo about L3 and her whole droids rights crusade and how that’s a subtle dig at sjw crusaders and how overbearing they can be.

I don't want to get too far into it in this thread, but the mis-characterization of L3 by the haters is hilarious to me. And, again, just like with Rose and Rey and others, plays into the inherent male bias/misogyny rampant in society. Dude-Bros are so threatened that they have to attack a fucking robot? Seriously? The fact these insecure men automatically call her a "Fembot" or the like is a perfect illustration. It's hilarious how that's the first place they go when the implications are far larger. Maybe if a male actor had voiced the character. But alas...

Those guys main complaint on twitter and reddit etc is white men are being forced out and it’s all a sjw agenda and women are taking over. And accuse anyone of agreeing with it if being a soyboy and sjw. They miss the blatant irony that their own sense of worth or masculinity is so fragile and easily threatened. It’s laughable. But they don’t see it.
As it relates to Star Wars it’s even worse. They got upset. About a female droid.

You couldn’t make it up.

What’s happened in all these guys lives? Are they literally mid 30s/40s forever alone living in their parents attic? I know that’s a stereotype but it really does look like that’s the case

Again, this pretty much a complete lie. Yes, there will always be trolls on the internet. What a shock. But the overwhelming majority are not doing anything close to complaining that "white men are being forced out." That isn't the argument that is being made. I haven't seen a single youtube video or negative review/breakdown/rant that has made this argument. This has nothing to do with your bullshit terms like "fragile masculinity" or any of that SJW nonsense.

Do you not see the irony of claiming that they call anyone who likes these movies soyboys, when in the same post you claim that they are all pathetic loser incels who live in their parents basement?

What I am seeing is a bunch of powerful people using language of oppression to cover their asses and deflect legit criticism with claims that everyone who didn't like their shit movie is an incel living in their parents' basement who hate women and minorities. Its blatantly dishonest bullshit. And you swallow it up.

Its Ghostbusters all over again (although in this case they had the good sense to not make it a marketing campaign, they waited until after a movie failed to unleash the "everyone who doesn't like me hates women" bullshit).

If you haven't seen those videos, I'm jealous. Perhaps you're not looking for them. This isn't a fiction, Burt. But go ahead and believe what you want to believe. Live in your precious bubble and don't dare look at the world around you. I know its scary. But I promise you... no one wants to hurt you. No one is trying to emasculate you. You can still your power while others have it too. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Also, when you have legit criticism, please feel free to post it and we can have that conversation. So far, I haven't seen it.

PostPosted: Sat July 14, 2018 6:08 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

BurtReynolds wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

You couldn’t make it up.

You haven’t seen it so clearly it doesnt exist. I’m afraid you’re completely wrong. Go look. There’s thousands of twitter accounts saying all this stuff. And on reddit too. They’ve actively been attacking Star Wars fandom for months now and it’s been ramped up by the geeks and gamers shitheads and alt right comic assholes getting involved.
Just because you’re unaware of all this doesn’t mean it isn’t happening.
You can go to jason wards or Amanda wards twitter page and see for yourself.

You seem extra fucked off today. I hope you’re ok.

PostPosted: Sat July 14, 2018 6:08 pm 
The Master

dimejinky99 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

You couldn’t make it up.

You haven’t seen it so clearly it doesnt exist. I’m afraid you’re completely wrong. Go look. There’s thousands of twitter accounts saying all this stuff. And on reddit too. They’ve actively been attacking Star Wars fandom for months now and it’s been ramped up by the geeks and gamers shitheads and alt right comic assholes getting involved.

"Extra fucked off"

What a great phrase

PostPosted: Sat July 14, 2018 6:09 pm 

dimejinky99 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

You couldn’t make it up.

My god LOOK IN A MIRROR

PostPosted: Sat July 14, 2018 6:10 pm 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

You couldn’t make it up.

My god LOOK IN A MIRROR

PostPosted: Sat July 14, 2018 6:10 pm 

And those are specifically the videos I'm talking about. The ones that very clearly say "I don't care if there are more women and minorities in movies/comics/games".

PostPosted: Sat July 14, 2018 6:11 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
Hi Joey!

Do you largely get to make your own hours? Do you have a way to watch movies while you're "working."

Yes, largely get to make my own hours though we are at the behest of banks and Lenders so its generally Monday - Friday and 9-5. I always describe it as similar to college whereas you have a research paper to get done and you just have to make sure its completed by the agreed upon due date.

Its too hot outside and we climbed a mountain yesterday. The boss is gone and it seemed like a good day to do a few things alone at the office so as to get a jump on the week and get ahead on things. The hope is to also not work next friday.

I crank music.

PostPosted: Sat July 14, 2018 6:13 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
Hi Joey!

Yes, largely get to make my own hours though we are at the behest of banks and Lenders so its generally Monday - Friday and 9-5. I always describe it as similar to college whereas you have a research paper to get done and you just have to make sure its completed by the agreed upon due date.

Its too hot outside and we climbed a mountain yesterday. The boss is gone and it seemed like a good day to do a few things alone at the office so as to get a jump on the week and get ahead on things. The hope is to also not work next friday.

I crank music.

:bammer:

PostPosted: Sat July 14, 2018 6:14 pm 

Quote:

Yes, lets all do this right now. Lets go see the RAMPANT MISOGYNY overwhelming their twitter feeds. Oh my god its terrible! Just terrible!

PostPosted: Sat July 14, 2018 6:14 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

BurtReynolds wrote:
And those are specifically the videos I'm talking about. The ones that very clearly say "I don't care if there are more women and minorities in movies/comics/games".

Ah. So you go you youtube for your guidance on how to think. Right. That explains everything. Your posts here especially. Save the anger for the comments section on YouTube maybe? .

PostPosted: Sat July 14, 2018 6:17 pm 

dimejinky99 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Ah. So you go you youtube for your guidance on how to think. Right. That explains everything. Your posts here especially. Save the anger for the comments section on YouTube maybe? .

Where do you go for your info?

PostPosted: Sat July 14, 2018 6:18 pm 
The Master

We are burts living wet dream. Irrational SJW's attacking him!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars