The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars unnamed trilogy (Rian Johnson 20??)
PostPosted: Thu June 21, 2018 10:18 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

But nothing official ever came out saying films were on hold, right? Just dime and his rumor mill?

PostPosted: Thu June 21, 2018 10:45 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
But nothing official ever came out saying films were on hold, right? Just dime and his rumor mill?

Exactly. There is nothing official from Lucasfilm or Disney.

Collider dot com is saying they have some inside source that is reporting that it's entirely possible that Lucasfilm might be considering putting the stand-alone "story" films on hold. But they're also very clear in their reporting that this could all not be the case.

PostPosted: Thu June 21, 2018 10:48 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

First they say nothing has changed, but next I think they'll start issuing statements saying they are "reimagining" things, and eventually whatever comes out the other end will be something entirely different.

And Kennedy will be off to pursue other interests and we wish her all the best in her future endeavors.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu June 21, 2018 10:53 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

They'll focus on Ep 9, as they should. And then the streaming service. They'll decide to go Marvel and figure out a long-term plan. I'm guessing Kennedy will step down officially once all of the wheels are in motion and the next "phase" (to steal a Marvel term) is in full motion.

PostPosted: Thu June 21, 2018 11:03 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

The knee jerk reactions to Solo seem a bit nuts, but then again it wouldn't be the first time some giant corporation panicked and hit the reset button.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu June 21, 2018 11:06 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I'm not sure there is a "reset" button on Star Wars. That would be wild.

PostPosted: Fri June 22, 2018 9:53 am 
what on earth am I talking about

To be clear Collider ran a bullshit report and caused a shitstorm. Now they have egg on their faces having been shot down by the report from Sandell which it is safe to assume he was asked to by Disney overlords.

They need to do the marvel thing and tell people what’s comin for the next five years or whatever and own the message rather than putting out fires set by baseless rumours as with Collider.

PostPosted: Fri June 22, 2018 12:38 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
To be clear Collider ran a bullshit report and caused a shitstorm. Now they have egg on their faces having been shot down by the report from Sandell which it is safe to assume he was asked to by Disney overlords.

They need to do the marvel thing and tell people what’s comin for the next five years or whatever and own the message rather than putting out fires set by baseless rumours as with Collider.

If you're feeling too good today and you'd rather boil over with rage, you should listen to the "special edition" of the Jedi Council podcast that is only available on the Podcast One App (not YouTube, etc). Mark Reilly talks to the CEO of Collider (Mark Hernandez, I think his name is?) and I had to physically restrain myself listening to it.

PostPosted: Fri June 22, 2018 1:04 pm 

durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

If you're feeling too good today and you'd rather boil over with rage, you should listen to the "special edition" of the Jedi Council podcast that is only available on the Podcast One App (not YouTube, etc). Mark Reilly talks to the CEO of Collider (Mark Hernandez, I think his name is?) and I had to physically restrain myself listening to it.

I listened to it yesterday and basically it’s ‘i hated Solo so Star Wars is obviously ruined.’ Colliders agenda is obvious and confusing.

So then I tweeted the guy and In fairness he responded. Huge embarrassment for them and he almost admits it. Thread worth a read

PostPosted: Fri June 22, 2018 1:17 pm 

Also they aired yesterday’s Jedi council and almost celebrating the fact the standalones are cancelled. It was recorded before the abc report with the statement from lucasfilm. They haven’t put it up on their pod feed. I can’t imagine why.

PostPosted: Fri June 22, 2018 2:37 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
Also they aired yesterday’s Jedi council and almost celebrating the fact the standalones are cancelled. It was recorded before the abc report with the statement from lucasfilm. They haven’t put it up on their pod feed. I can’t imagine why.

They didn't put it up yesterday in the pod feed either. I actually saw it was on YouTube, jumped to the pod-feed and was surprised to see only Reilly's interview. I hate watching these things on YouTube and much prefer listening to the pod versions. We'll see if the pod ever goes up now. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri June 22, 2018 3:40 pm 

We both know that won’t happen.

They just burned all their invites to future premieres and cast interviews.

Ironically when they first got all that was when they started turning into entitled assholes.

PostPosted: Fri June 22, 2018 3:44 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Collider was sold recently, right? I thought right around the time Ken Napzok quit and stopped producing regular content. Shortly after that they starting making huge changes. The ladies disappeared. Mark Ellis started hosting Movie Talk full time. The graphics changed. All that stuff. I feel like it was around that same time that they fell off the cliff.

PostPosted: Fri June 22, 2018 3:49 pm 

durdencommatyler wrote:
Collider was sold recently, right? I thought right around the time Ken Napzok quit and stopped producing regular content. Shortly after that they starting making huge changes. The ladies disappeared. Mark Ellis started hosting Movie Talk full time. The graphics changed. All that stuff. I feel like it was around that same time that they fell off the cliff.

I am not certain but since I’ve been following them since around TFA release they’ve changed hands a few times before and after.
They have a viable channel. It’s doing scattershot though. Trying to appeal to everyone. You can’t do that and succeed.

Plus there’s what, 50 regular hosts? They need to stop with the agenda and whittle down the cast.

PostPosted: Sat October 27, 2018 7:30 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

It’s been fairly quiet about this lately. Wonder when we will hear more.

PostPosted: Sat October 27, 2018 8:21 am 

Johnsons working on some murder mystery film. Cast have even been announced.
I wonder if it’s going ahead but I’d say Celebration is where we’ll hear about it if we do at all.

PostPosted: Thu December 27, 2018 8:43 pm 

Is that a goodbye? His trilogy cancelled?

PostPosted: Thu December 27, 2018 8:56 pm 
Major Dude

Why would you assume that based on what he said?

PostPosted: Thu December 27, 2018 9:03 pm 

I didn’t assume. I asked. I don’t know either Way.

PostPosted: Thu December 27, 2018 9:12 pm 
The Master

Sounds like an end of the year acknowledgement of appreciation. Unlike my boss who didnt give me a christmas bonus and told me i make too much money and he shouldnt have given them to me for the past 10 yeasr.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars