The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars unnamed trilogy (Rian Johnson 20??)
PostPosted: Tue January 09, 2018 7:26 pm 
The worst

Does this mean I am less likely to get a Boss Nast solo film?

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Tue January 09, 2018 7:28 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
word is some or all of this trilogy is going to be gungan backstory-heavy. let's wait and see.

Holy cow!

PostPosted: Tue January 09, 2018 8:05 pm 
AnalLog

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
word is some or all of this trilogy is going to be gungan backstory-heavy. let's wait and see.

That would be surprising. Where is this info coming from?

PostPosted: Tue January 09, 2018 8:13 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

swan wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

That would be surprising. Where is this info coming from?

He was joking.

PostPosted: Tue January 09, 2018 8:14 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I was just kidding. Lots of people here love Gungans so I thought it would be funny.

PostPosted: Tue January 09, 2018 9:46 pm 
AnalLog

I feel like I've been trained to believe almost anything with Disney Star Wars. Well played!

PostPosted: Tue January 09, 2018 10:00 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Bear in mind Solo is officially the last standalone. Unless they totally blindside us with a Kenobi announcement. But next celebration isn’t until 2019. So even if they announce it there, it’ll be a long wait.

Thinking on it, I can’t see them announcing a Kenobi standalone in the run up to Solo. Would they?

Considering we are 4 months out until show time and we have yet to see a trailer or marketing of any kind....

No. It wont be until at least the fall.

It could be this summer. Kathleen Kennedy said she had a big announcement to make last June/July. And that never happened. If Solo is a surprise success and has fans "coming back" to Star Wars for familiar characters, then I think it's likely they'll capitalize on that by announcing a Kenobi toward the end of Solo's box office run.

What she actually said was that they’re circling on a few options and they’ll decide in June/July. She never said there’d be an announcement, we all just took it to mean there would be an announcement. I’m pretty sure she hasn’t been asked about it since then.

Quote:
Speaking with MTV’s Josh Horowitz, Kennedy said that they’re getting close to nailing down the next spinoff movie to follow Rogue One and Han Solo, and an announcement could come as soon as this summer:

“I think we’re getting close. My hope would be sometime around the summer.”

She goes on to say that you can't predict the creative process, etc. But there you go.

PostPosted: Tue January 09, 2018 10:08 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Tbh they didn’t announce at celebration. That’s kind of a tell.

And yet McGregor was the only main cast member not to be involved or even send a video.

Apparently there’s a video of him at the golden globes where he’s like ‘I don’t know about any plans/I’m really busy the next while/I not doing anything the next while’

Scrimshaw and Napzok talk about it in their latest pod. Scrimshaw reckons Ewan is a terrible liar.

PostPosted: Tue January 09, 2018 10:15 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
Tbh they didn’t announce at celebration. That’s kind of a tell.

And yet McGregor was the only main cast member not to be involved or even send a video.

Apparently there’s a video of him at the golden globes where he’s like ‘I don’t know about any plans/I’m really busy the next while/I not doing anything the next while’

Scrimshaw and Napzok talk about it in their latest pod. Scrimshaw reckons Ewan is a terrible liar.

Yeah, I watched the post-awards presser. I didn't get the same impression that Scrimshaw got. But he does in fact deny the film and says he has no plans right now for the first time in a long time.

PostPosted: Tue January 16, 2018 5:20 pm 

Do we want Rians new trilogy to stick to Williams and the Star Wars fanfare and then new music within or a totally new composer and new music?

PostPosted: Thu January 18, 2018 3:56 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I could go either way. I think a new composer/new music in general is a good thing. But if they keep the opening theme, I'm down with that.

PostPosted: Thu January 18, 2018 3:57 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Though, controversial as this may be... I'd LOVE to see him eschew any kind of opening crawl.

PostPosted: Thu January 18, 2018 5:28 pm 

durdencommatyler wrote:
Though, controversial as this may be... I'd LOVE to see him eschew any kind of opening crawl.

I hope they’d always keep it for any ongoing trilogy series. It drops you into the story and catches you up and sets up the board. Still think Rogue one really needed one. Han however doesn’t at all.

PostPosted: Thu January 18, 2018 5:32 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I hope they’d always keep it for any ongoing trilogy series. It drops you into the story and catches you up and sets up the board. Still think Rogue one really needed one. Han however doesn’t at all.

Yeah, I'm still camp "NO CRAWL" regarding R1. I loved that it didn't have one and I'm in favor of only the "Skywalker Saga" having one as a way to distinguish that saga from all other SW films.

But it's not a deal breaker for me, either way. There are many different things that matter far more.

PostPosted: Thu January 18, 2018 5:35 pm 

durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Yeah, I'm still camp "NO CRAWL" regarding R1. I loved that it didn't have one and I'm in favor of only the "Skywalker Saga" having one as a way to distinguish that saga from all other SW films.

But it's not a deal breaker for me, either way. There are many different things that matter far more.

I was listening to the story wink on rogue one today. He seems to think the crawl could have served to condense the very mixed up opening scenes/unnecessary prologue section into a crawl and give more shape to the start. He’s right too. Any one of the establishing scenes in R1 could have been the opening scene. Jyn in jail, Cassian killing the informant (this would be an awesome first scene more I think on it)

PostPosted: Thu January 18, 2018 5:39 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I was listening to the story wink on rogue one today. He seems to think the crawl could have served to condense the very mixed up opening scenes/unnecessary prologue section into a crawl and give more shape to the start. He’s right too. Any one of the establishing scenes in R1 could have been the opening scene. Jyn in jail, Cassian killing the informant (this would be an awesome first scene more I think on it)

I remember that yeah. I disagree with him on much of R1, actually. But that's because he's trying to approach the film from a Joseph Campbell perspective. And R1 is a different kind of storytelling. It's not beholden to those structures/archetypes like the previous Star Wars films tend to be. R1 is not a mythic structure.

PostPosted: Thu January 18, 2018 9:40 pm 
The worst

it doesn't have to be. But it doesn't quite juggle the story of the rebellion and Jyn's transformation as effectively as it might.

It's doable for sure. I think the lynchpin is reworking the Jeddah stuff with Saw. That's where these strands intersect, and it doesn't work as well as it could. That and add one more scene in between the death of Galen and the meeting of the alliance.

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Thu January 18, 2018 9:57 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Jyn as a child may be my favorite part of the movie. Just fantastic. No crawl didn't bother me.

PostPosted: Fri January 19, 2018 11:03 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Fri January 19, 2018 11:07 pm 

Rians has a great evening of extended the biggest middle finger possible and enraging all the last Jedi haters :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars