Switch to full style
May the force be with you
Post a reply

Re: Star Wars : The Mandalorian (Disney+ 2019)

Sat November 21, 2020 5:36 pm

swan wrote:
epilogue wrote:If it makes you feel better, it's just as likely that this show has nothing to do with ST villain backstory at all.

It's likely that those humanoids in those tanks are not Snoke or Palps but rather just the soldiers that will eventually wear those Dark Trooper suits. Perhaps, they are members of a failed Trooper experiment, nothing more.

I sincerely hope you’re right!

It makes the most sense.

Sat November 21, 2020 6:20 pm

I thought the chase/TIE fighter sequence had better direction than most of the action sequences in the sequel trilogy...

Sat November 21, 2020 6:55 pm

This was a great episode.

Sat November 21, 2020 11:16 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:I'm continued to be blown away by the special effects in this.

Those speeder bikes coming down the side of the canyon looked GREAT!

Sat November 21, 2020 11:46 pm

the weird Gyuto chant when they hit the lab (they're definitely Snoke Clones).. the 'M-Count'.. subtle, but nice way to acknowledge it!...

^^from a pal that knows his shit.

Sat November 21, 2020 11:47 pm

B wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:I'm continued to be blown away by the special effects in this.

The VFX were really dodgy in the first season. They've been way better this season. I'm glad they're finally figuring out The Volume.

Sun November 22, 2020 1:03 am

epilogue wrote:
B wrote:

The VFX were really dodgy in the first season. They've been way better this season. I'm glad they're finally figuring out The Volume.

I fully expected a wilhelm scream in this one

Sun November 22, 2020 1:38 am

They need force users blood

What if this is how Ahsoka dies?

Would explain why she’s not around in the sequels

Sun November 22, 2020 1:50 am

Mecca wrote:
epilogue wrote:
B wrote:

I think there was a full Wilhelm when one of the Storm Troopers took a dive off the base

Sun November 22, 2020 2:11 am

swan wrote:
Mecca wrote:
epilogue wrote:
B wrote:

I think there was a full Wilhelm when one of the Storm Troopers took a dive off the base

It was similar but I'm not sure it was an actual Wilhelm.

Sun November 22, 2020 2:42 am

wease wrote:
swan wrote:
Mecca wrote:
epilogue wrote:
B wrote:

A William scream.

Sun November 22, 2020 3:22 am

Monkey_Driven wrote:
wease wrote:
swan wrote:
Mecca wrote:
epilogue wrote:
B wrote:

A William scream.

:lol:

Sun November 22, 2020 4:48 am

Mecca wrote:
epilogue wrote:
B wrote:

I think someone at Lucasfilm said they were retiring it. But I don't remember where I heard that so I could be totally wrong. I know the ST used a different recurring scream instead.

Sun November 22, 2020 4:49 am

wease wrote:
swan wrote:
Mecca wrote:
epilogue wrote:
B wrote:

Correct. That wasn't a Wilhelm scream.

Sun November 22, 2020 4:51 am

dimejinky99 wrote:They need force users blood

Filoni has implied more than once that Ahsoka is still alive during the events of TROS.

But we all know how protective he is of the character. Could just be a misdirect or a tiny tantrum. :lol:

Sun November 22, 2020 3:10 pm

The action sequences are just top notch.

Really enjoyed that episode. It seems, for better or worse, that they are able to use the Mando to help flesh out the questions that the ST failed to really explain.

I love the idea of Empire purists are out there gathering and continuing the work. Obviously this cloning stuff should help flesh out Snoke, Emperor's contingency plan, forces gathering in the outer rim etc..

Sun November 22, 2020 4:13 pm

epilogue wrote:

Filoni has implied more than once that Ahsoka is still alive during the events of TROS.

But we all know how protective he is of the character. Could just be a misdirect or a tiny tantrum. :lol:

Ashoka and Baby Yoda are going to use the Veil of the Force to kick the ST into an alternate timeline.

Sun November 22, 2020 4:16 pm

bada wrote:
epilogue wrote:

Ashoka and Baby Yoda are going to use the Veil of the Force to kick the ST into an alternate timeline.

i love that idea. Or maybe Baby Yoda wakes up and tell her he had a terrible dream.

Sun November 22, 2020 4:27 pm

Ashoka and baby Yoda died in the ST timeline paving the way for the Emperors return. They change that using the veil and Luke never drinks titty milk. All is right in Star Wars land.

Sun November 22, 2020 4:47 pm

bada wrote:Ashoka and baby Yoda died in the ST timeline paving the way for the Emperors return. They change that using the veil and Luke never drinks titty milk. All is right in Star Wars land.

As clearly the only person here who loves the ST, I can't say I'm a fan of your theory. :lol:
Post a reply