The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4614 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131 ... 231  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : The Mandalorian (Disney+ 2019)
PostPosted: Thu November 19, 2020 11:47 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 5:32 am 
what on earth am I talking about

It’s 5:25am

Sitting up for this.

She’s gonna be in the final shot.
I can feel it.

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 8:28 am 

Hooollllyyyy ffffuuuucccckk

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 8:54 am 

This is where watching rebels and clone wars Really pays off. No spoilers obviously. But that’s a doozy of an episode.

The child continues to break my heart. How did they make him so adorable???

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 9:54 am 
AnalLog

That was awesome

Spoiler: show
Loving baby Yoda more and more
EAD Moff Gideon
Hated Cara first series didn’t this episode
Carl Weathers on Fire
Horatio Sanz was wasted a bit

I love this show

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 1:29 pm 

That’s snoke clones in those jars. The music Palpatines teachings plays over it just as it does in TLJ in snokes throne room. Also M count!! Midchlorians!!!

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 1:36 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I always forget this show comes out on Friday until I open this thread on Friday. :lol:

I'll check it out later today afternoon.

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 1:49 pm 

This one was so much fun.
Think you’ll love it.

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 3:01 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

The two previous episodes have been the best of the entire series so far. So I'm cautiously optimistic. :)

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 3:04 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

epilogue wrote:
The two previous episodes have been the best of the entire series so far. So I'm cautiously optimistic. :)

yeah, they were good. Im not going to see this one till maybe sunday because life, but im exited.

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 4:11 pm 

So the next episode is called the Jedi.

I was sure i saw a list saying it was the sorceress?
Anyone remember that?

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 4:19 pm 

Coool

The scene in the classroom is an adorable distraction for the child, but if you listen carefully, you can get a very important lesson on galactic geography and politics. The droid calls out the old capital of the Republic, Coruscant, but also the current capital, Chandrila. Chandrila is Mon Mothma’s home world and was the first world chosen to host the capital on its new basis of rotating around the galaxy in a bid to fix the stagnation of the old Republic. The protocol droid teacher also calls out the Hydian Way, which has been an important hyperspace route in the Star Wars universe for a long time. First mentioned in canon in Star Wars: The Clone Wars, it’s been referenced repeatedly since then. The teacher also takes the kids through the geography of Kessel and the maelstrom there, as we learned about in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 4:22 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

More importantly, they call out how few guardrails there are in the SW universe.

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 4:46 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Simple Torture wrote:
More importantly, they call out how few guardrails there are in the SW universe.

This was a highlight, for sure.

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 5:05 pm 

I laughed out loud at that :)

So did we like it??

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 5:11 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

This was a mid-tier episode about on par with last season's Chapter 6. While there's still too much leaning into video game narrative and easter egging the past for the sake of sandbox nostalgia, where this episode succeeds (as opposed to this season's premiere, for example) is that along with all those awkward and/or forced references we actually get new information that moves the plot of the series forward and/or expands the characters and the world they inhabit. More importantly, it moves the overall lore/canon of Star Wars as a whole forward.

I'll spoiler tag the rest but I really don't think we need tags. If you haven't seen it yet, you should probably stay out of the thread the day a new episode dropped because you expect people to be discussing it. But anyway... just to be safe and not a total dick:

The statue of IG-11 (I haven't seen this mentioned in this thread yet) was so fucking cool. That was a great touch and a very authentic way to honor his sacrifice from last season. Beyond that, the other major highlights for me have already been mentioned: the lack of guardrails, "M-count" (I about jumped off the couch at that!), further glimpses at whatever experimentation the soon-to-be-called First Order is doing. All of that stuff was great.

The Child is too cloying. They need to dial that back. The stuff in the Razor Crest was good (especially during the dog fight). Everything else was too precious and/or annoying. I'm finding I enjoy this show a lot more when it puts The Child in the back seat.

Favreau's need to reclaim his childhood by taking every blessed non-canon video game that he loved as a kid and make goddamn sure that stuff is canon now (!) is hilarious. And a little sad. I don't *hate* it necessarily. Sometimes it works, sometimes it's silly. But I almost always roll my eyes, even when it works the best that it can. The Dark Troopers are this episode's krayt dragon pearl. We get it, Favs! You love old Star Wars video games!

Finally, and to me, most interesting is the vats filled with deformed humanoids. Clearly, we're supposed to think of Snoke, right? I can't be the only one who immediately thought that. So that leads to soooo many questions! Is The Mandalorian (the show) going to explain Snoke and/or how Palpatine returned? If so, will that satisfy fans or piss off them off even more? What does this mean for The Child?

I really hope the show gives us the full backstory. I would love to get the answers to those big film franchise questions on a show like this (unlikely that we get all of it, but I think it's plausible that we get a good amount of it). I also kinda hope (but I just don't think they have the guts to really do it) that The Child is killed in the effort to bring Palpatine back. That would be so fucking cool. It would help explain how Palps returned AND it would explain why we haven't heard anything about The Child in the ST. Please, Star Wars... please Favreau... please make this happen. :lol: .

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 6:07 pm 

You monster

That won’t happen. The vats are 100% what it appears to be. And that’s Fucking exciting.
The facility is also one of the same palpatine had on jakku experimenting on kids in aftermath. Remember this was a feature in CW also.

This is Fucking intriguing that they’re doing this. I’m laughing watching a lot of twitter go ‘they did have a plan after all!’ Maybe not in the ST but the broader story and interconnected stories running parallel clearly had a grand design to it.

I think the child is great. He’s getting more precocious and cheeky :) the opening scene...man. I was howling. It was just wonderful balancing it all to keep all ages involved.
They absolutely won’t kill him but he will be soon handed over. We had the frog parents and now the school?
That’s telegraphing he’s going back to his parents. I doubt we’ll see that reunion. That way they can avoid ruining the yoda mystery of it all.
We’ll get a tearful heartbreaking scene with mando and him saying goodbye. And it’ll break us.

Here’s the best bit though.
We’re gonna see them get to ahsokas planet and closely followed by...

And we’re gonna see her absolutely tearing heads off.
And I can’t wait for that.

All the trailer footage is now accounted for too it seems. So we’re going in to that blond from here on in.

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 6:27 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think we're going to see Ahsoka doing a ton of fighting. This feels like when everyone was certain there would be a giant lightsaber battle between Luke and a ton of people in TLJ.

I'm all for it if they go there. Don't get me wrong. I want that. But I'm not totally confident that's what we're gonna get.

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 7:15 pm 
Major Dude

As long as Rosario Dawson is on my screen, I don't give a fuck what she's doing.

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 7:31 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
As long as Rosario Dawson is on my screen, I don't give a fuck what she's doing.

I think Dawson would be great casting. But given how poorly kept all the S2 secrets have been, I kinda hope that if Ahsoka does really show up that Dawson isn't playing her. Just to have a real actual surprise and watch the internet freak out. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4614 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131 ... 231  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars