The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4614 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117 ... 231  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : The Mandalorian (Disney+ 2019)
PostPosted: Sat October 31, 2020 3:27 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

VinylGuy wrote:
Im not expecting anything different than season 1. This premiere was basically a filler story and some cool stuff.

Spoiler: show
Ok, Fett is alive.

Spoiler: show
Maybe. Probably.

There's more than a good chance that's where they're going. But keep n mind that whoever this character is he's been following Mando since S1 (we saw him in ep 5 or 6?). So it's entirely possible that he's Rex or Cody or one of them other surviving clones.

Why else has her been following Mando for so long? It's possible that whatever he's doing has more to do with The Child than anything else.

I won't be bummed if he's Fett. But it would be cooler if Fett is a red herring and this dude is one of the clones and he's working with Ahsoka and/or the Jedi.

PostPosted: Sat October 31, 2020 3:45 am 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
I can’t tell you how big the dumb grin I have on my face is right now :)

Not a perfect episode but you summed up my feelings about it.

PostPosted: Sat October 31, 2020 11:26 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

I assumed the armor meant Fett was dead.

PostPosted: Sat October 31, 2020 12:23 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

I don’t think it’s anyone but fett.

It would be interesting if it was one of the clones, and some tie in from that to Ashoka. But we can assume safely it’s fett. We saw his boot and spur come into shot in one episodes final scene, think that was him anyways. It was also on tatooine and fett does wear spurs. But he’s not a real Mandalorian either so I can’t figure out if it’s going to be a big showdown between the two, or they team up. the barman was Timothy Olyphant's co star from Deadwood, W. Earl Brown

Super fun episode though. Shot on imax cameras too I read. The aspect ratio thing on screens a few times I read. Thank hats kinda cool of you like that sort of thing.

PostPosted: Sat October 31, 2020 12:40 pm 
Major Dude

the barman was Timothy Olyphant's co star from Deadwood, W. Earl Brown

And was named Weequay who, I believe, served aboard Jabba’s big ship.

Brown was also on an episode of Justified.

PostPosted: Sat October 31, 2020 12:42 pm 
Major Dude

In that first shot of Olyphant-Fett, you could tell exactly who was wearing that armor just by how he was standing. That was fucking awesome. We only watched the first half of it. The wife kept falling asleep.

PostPosted: Sat October 31, 2020 12:46 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I'd forgotten that the previous episode in which he appeared last season was the Tatooine ep. That takes some wind out of the idea that it's someone else.

Which, like I said, I'm totally on board with. Just would have been fun to have a little twist since we've known about this since March.

Wonder how big a of a roll he'll play. Would love to know why he hasn't made a play to get the armor back. That'll be cool to know when/however that story gets told

Maybe the movie John Favs directs for Lucasfilm won't be a Mandalorian movie after all... Maybe he gets Fett...

PostPosted: Sat October 31, 2020 12:47 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
In that first shot of Olyphant-Fett, you could tell exactly who was wearing that armor just by how he was standing. That was fucking awesome. We only watched the first half of it. The wife kept falling asleep.

If you're a fan of old Star Wars video games, you're gonna love the second half.

PostPosted: Sat October 31, 2020 12:59 pm 

That’s what I was wonderng. It’s been five years since he went into the pit.
Why hasn’t he gotten his armour back by then? So is he after the armour or the mando? Or been hired to get the child? I think that’s most likely.

So many cool nuggets though. The sand people’s banthas Walking in single file to hide their numbers. *pretty* sure you see a threepio:protocol droid graffiti on the wall at the start.
The engine off the podracer being used as his speederbike. You can see on the jet pack where it’s been mended after han bashed it.
Loads of stuff. And it doesn’t bang you over the head with it, if you know you know. Sooooo many of my non SW haven’t a clue that’s fett at the end&don’t know or care (yet) that it’s him.
I’ll have to Look again but one thing they mighta screwed up, when they’re talking about the Death Star being destroyed and they show it, and specifically says the second Death Star, the visual looks like it’s the first one. The second Death Star was still incomplete and had a big chunk missing in the lower sphere. I might be wrong but it looked like the first.
Anyways.

PostPosted: Sat October 31, 2020 1:17 pm 
AnalLog

dimejinky99 wrote:
That’s what I was wonderng. It’s been five years since he went into the pit.
Why hasn’t he gotten his armour back by then? So is he after the armour or the mando? Or been hired to get the child? I think that’s most likely.

So many cool nuggets though. The sand people’s banthas Walking in single file to hide their numbers. *pretty* sure you see a threepio:protocol droid graffiti on the wall at the start.
The engine off the podracer being used as his speederbike. You can see on the jet pack where it’s been mended after han bashed it.
Loads of stuff. And it doesn’t bang you over the head with it, if you know you know. Sooooo many of my non SW haven’t a clue that’s fett at the end&don’t know or care (yet) that it’s him.
I’ll have to Look again but one thing they mighta screwed up, when they’re talking about the Death Star being destroyed and they show it, and specifically says the second Death Star, the visual looks like it’s the first one. The second Death Star was still incomplete and had a big chunk missing in the lower sphere. I might be wrong but it looked like the first.
Anyways.

Great catches, Dime..Appreciate it

We still make records to be listened to — not that everyone will listen to a record track one to twelve in a row or side A or Side B — but we still make 'em in case somebody does want to listen to it like that, that's how we make em…

PostPosted: Sat October 31, 2020 1:21 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Yeah if you're the kind of person who thinks Star Wars is too referential I can't imagine enjoying our defending this show. Every scene has some kind of reference it Easter egg.

PostPosted: Sat October 31, 2020 1:37 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Actually, what I said adove about him getting his armor back is stupid. Obviously, he doesn't want it back. He's the one that got rid of it in the first place.

PostPosted: Sat October 31, 2020 1:39 pm 

In a fun way though. As I said it’s not pointing at it going eh? See the thing from the other thing?
They do it really subtly. And thank fuck filoni is involved in this. It wouldn’t be the same without him.

PostPosted: Sat October 31, 2020 1:55 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

B wrote:
I assumed the armor meant Fett was dead.

I realize this isn't wear anyone else is going, but this was still my gut feeling when I saw it. I figured the only way Fett wasn't in his armor was that he was dead, and the Jawas fished it out of Sarlaac shit.

And, of course, now I realize that the Sarlaac wouldn't shit it out for another 995 years.

PostPosted: Sat October 31, 2020 2:13 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
In a fun way though. As I said it’s not pointing at it going eh? See the thing from the other thing?
They do it really subtly. And thank fuck filoni is involved in this. It wouldn’t be the same without him.

I disagree. It feels like fanfiction to me. And it's really heavy handed.

PostPosted: Sat October 31, 2020 2:38 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

B wrote:
And, of course, now I realize that the Sarlaac wouldn't shit it out for another 995 years.

Unless it was killed by a krayt dragon and the victims who were still alive were able to get away.

PostPosted: Sat October 31, 2020 3:25 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

I agree with Dime that the easter eggs are super well hidden or told...the movies did a lousy job at hinting about stuff from the originals, specially the two JJ ones.

Fett will want his armor back for sure, but at the same time, he might be lying low for a while. He could be in trouble after Luke killing Jabba.

PostPosted: Sat October 31, 2020 3:36 pm 

epilogue wrote:
Actually, what I said adove about him getting his armor back is stupid. Obviously, he doesn't want it back. He's the one that got rid of it in the first place.

I was thinking the saarlaac probably chewed it off him?

PostPosted: Sat October 31, 2020 3:38 pm 

Jabbas barge exploded right there

That saarlaac would have also died all the wreckage fallling into it

No?

PostPosted: Sat October 31, 2020 3:42 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Im sure he wants it back. Maybe its dangerous for him to get it right now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4614 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117 ... 231  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars