The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4615 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119 ... 231  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : The Mandalorian (Disney+ 2019)
PostPosted: Sun November 01, 2020 6:51 pm 
The Master

dimejinky99 wrote:
This might be important.
Where is this in the timeline in relation to bloodline?(the book)
Cara Dube was in the rebellion, why isn’t she still (republic has been established?)
She would definitely know of Luke skywalker and she would know the magic sorcerers weren’t a myth and could tell mando that.

Bloodline is 25 years after RoTJ and Mano is like 5 so.....

PostPosted: Sun November 01, 2020 7:49 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

It’s not tho. Is it? Leia is only pregnant with Ben during bloodline.

PostPosted: Sun November 01, 2020 7:56 pm 
The Master

dimejinky99 wrote:

Star Wars: Bloodline is a Star Wars novel by Claudia Gray, published by Del Rey Books on May 3, 2016. Set twenty-five years after the events of the 1983 film Return of the Jedi and six years before 2015's Star Wars: The Force Awakens, it follows Leia Organa as she navigates troubles brewing in the Galactic Senate.

PostPosted: Sun November 01, 2020 9:34 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Strat wrote:
Fantastic. They are very good at filming action scenes. They are so captivating.

Fan Service? Meh. You might just know too much about Star Wars if that stuff bothers you watching that episode.

Fan service isn't the issue.

The krayt dragon stuff was the first time I've found the action excellent and not merely competent since ep 3 of last season.

But again I'm not a big video game guy. So...

PostPosted: Sun November 01, 2020 9:45 pm 

Strat wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Star Wars: Bloodline is a Star Wars novel by Claudia Gray, published by Del Rey Books on May 3, 2016. Set twenty-five years after the events of the 1983 film Return of the Jedi and six years before 2015's Star Wars: The Force Awakens, it follows Leia Organa as she navigates troubles brewing in the Galactic Senate.

So Ben is only 20/25 years old when he’s kylo ren?

I’m not doubting you I’m just asking.

PostPosted: Sun November 01, 2020 9:51 pm 
The Master

dimejinky99 wrote:
Strat wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

That would appear to be correct, yes!

PostPosted: Sun November 01, 2020 9:55 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
Strat wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Endore is 4 ABY

Ben is born 5 ABY (he dies 35 ABY when he's 30 years old)

The Mandalorian is 9 ABY

Bloodline is 28 ABY

PostPosted: Sun November 01, 2020 11:26 pm 
AnalLog

Strat wrote:
Fantastic. They are very good at filming action scenes. They are so captivating.

Fan Service? Meh. You might just know too much about Star Wars if that stuff bothers you watching that episode.

It's not so much an issue of "fan service" with me as it is the idea that a character who has been presumed dead for nearly four decades is somehow seemingly back in play. Anyone who has ever seen RotJ watched him die.

Having said that, I'm in a slightly better mood this evening. Hope it's a well-executed bait-and-switch, and that it's actually Rex, tying back to Ahsoka.

We still make records to be listened to — not that everyone will listen to a record track one to twelve in a row or side A or Side B — but we still make 'em in case somebody does want to listen to it like that, that's how we make em…

PostPosted: Sun November 01, 2020 11:31 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

oneway23 wrote:
Anyone who has ever seen RotJ watched him die.

We're about to take a trip to "Well, actually..." Land, and I apologize in advance, but: actually, we didn't see him die. We saw him fall into the mouth of the Sarlaac, where he is set to be digested over 1000 years. Rotj basically set up an out for him to crawl out/blast out/be freed when a krayt eats the Sarlaac, so it's more of an extension of the existing canon than a revision.

PostPosted: Sun November 01, 2020 11:34 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Guys Palps came back with no explanation whatsoever on screen so.....

PostPosted: Sun November 01, 2020 11:35 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

VinylGuy wrote:

I mean, 100%--Boba Fett at least has an out built into the lore that ROTJ put on screen. But the SW canon has done worse.

PostPosted: Sun November 01, 2020 11:39 pm 
AnalLog

Simple Torture wrote:
oneway23 wrote:
Anyone who has ever seen RotJ watched him die.

We're about to take a trip to "Well, actually..." Land, and I apologize in advance, but: actually, we didn't see him die. We saw him fall into the mouth of the Sarlaac, where he is set to be digested over 1000 years. Rotj basically set up an out for him to crawl out/blast out/be freed when a krayt eats the Sarlaac, so it's more of an extension of the existing canon than a revision.

Fair enough lol. I suppose one could genuinely believe that Lucas' intention with that scene was to give the character an out.

We still make records to be listened to — not that everyone will listen to a record track one to twelve in a row or side A or Side B — but we still make 'em in case somebody does want to listen to it like that, that's how we make em…

Last edited by oneway23 on Sun November 01, 2020 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun November 01, 2020 11:44 pm 
AnalLog

VinylGuy wrote:

My wife and I agreed that all we needed was one memorable, new line to repeat ad nauseum, until the end of time, and that alone would completely validate whatever cockamamie scheme they employed to bring him back.

We're both completely crushed that they couldn't be bothered to give him anything other than Palps warmed-over greatest hits.

PostPosted: Sun November 01, 2020 11:59 pm 
Major Dude

oneway23 wrote:
Some great theorizing in here, but, I'm not really sure I'm a fan of taking something that I thought I'd known for forty years and saying, "ah, no, well, see, actually, wha ha happa was".

I know, I know...expanded universe and all, but, I kinda knew when I was a teenager that the novels/comics I was reading were Elseworlds stories that didn't truly come from Lucas, and he only really "approved" a certain amount of it (moreso early on), so it was, "Oh, he escaped the Sarlacc? Sure, whatever." It was merely fun, what-if, alternate universe fodder.

Now, the fan-fic theorizing seems to be showing up more and more in official cannon. Don't get me wrong, in some ways, it can be neat (krayt dragon pearl!), while in others, it can really start to feel a bit lame.

I do adore what Filoni has done for Star Wars. Filling in gaps in time, background, fleshing out unexplored spaces in the time-line; that stuff is great. At the same time, there are a ton of Mandalorians in the galaxy, and much backstory to explore....Do we REALLY need Boba Fett? Do we have to further contract this vast universe with every nod, easter egg, and cameo?

I know there's merchandising to wrench out of these characters, but, can we please, once in a while, let dead mean dead? Cripes, man!

Nobody listen to this guy.

PostPosted: Mon November 02, 2020 12:03 am 
AnalLog

wease wrote:
Nobody listen to this guy.

Eh, just can it and let me prattle on!

Anyway...

Look, I'll believe in any universe someone wants to create. Just keep things consistent & logical with what you've already created and I'm fine with it.

There's an elegant simplicity to Lucas' brilliant universe. The Mousehouse just continues to slather on further layers.

When you have to start doing backflips to explain your story, your story sucks.

PostPosted: Mon November 02, 2020 12:50 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Simple Torture wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

I mean, 100%--Boba Fett at least has an out built into the lore that ROTJ put on screen. But the SW canon has done worse.

Agree. Boba Fett being alive isn't really the issue. I'm fine with it.

PostPosted: Mon November 02, 2020 2:53 am 

He’s the most feared notorious bounty hunter In the galaxy. No way he just died falling in there. He’s got all kinds of weapons and doodahs in that armour. The barge wreckage calling in on top might be an issue but clearly it wasn’t.

Or, it’s a bait n switch and that’s actually Rex or someone.
We are getting a stand-alone series about the bad batch remember. Might be one of them too.

PostPosted: Mon November 02, 2020 3:01 am 
jeeeesus relax already

Also, he seems super fucked up. His face, like he had some kind of acid poured into it.....so yeah, Fett.

PostPosted: Mon November 02, 2020 3:31 am 
Mind Your Tanners

VinylGuy wrote:
Also, he seems super fucked up. His face, like he had some kind of acid poured into it.....so yeah, Fett.

That's just the way Temuera Morrison looks

PostPosted: Mon November 02, 2020 3:59 am 
AnalLog

Everyone here content if it's Rex?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4615 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119 ... 231  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars