The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Star Wars : Galaxy of adventures
PostPosted: Wed November 28, 2018 6:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 23380
I don’t even know anymore. They’re animating the OT to get kids in by the looks of it. (Kids don’t like the ot it looks dated and it’s slow).

This kinda looks cool



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : Galaxy of adventures
PostPosted: Wed November 28, 2018 7:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 9457
Looks like a TV version of those Star Wars I Can Read Books I read with my youngest every night.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : Galaxy of adventures
PostPosted: Wed November 28, 2018 11:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 16518
Location: Mizzou
Kids need to appreciate old things.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : Galaxy of adventures
PostPosted: Wed November 28, 2018 11:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 68474
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Kids need to appreciate old things.

:lol:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : Galaxy of adventures
PostPosted: Thu November 29, 2018 2:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:03 pm
Posts: 417
wouldn't you just let kids watch the originals to get them into SW? Why would you have to update the stuff?

I don't need an updated West Side Story to appreciate the music/choreography they are trying to accomplish in the movie from 1961, that was before my time.

I don't need an updated Godfather to appreciate the crime family drama, a few years before my time.

I think updating older properties just takes away from not only the originality of the material, but the historical era they were produced in. It's almost like they are historical artifacts, a moment in cinematic history. Updating (and in some cases, trying to extend them into franchises; a whole other story) takes away from their emotional and historical impact.

My daughter watched the OT a few years ago. She was 11 at the time I believe. She liked them and she wanted to pull out some of my SW toys to play with.

I put TPM on, and 20 minutes in she says "can we turn this off? It's boring.". Now I'm sure a lot of kids like razzle dazzle and rip roaring excitement of the adrenaline fueled action of today's movies, but kids can decipher quality when they see it.

What's my point? I don't know. This Galaxy of Adventures just seems like another attempt to modernize SW and bring in money.

_________________
2010 St. Louis
2004 St. Louis
2003 St. Louis
2000 St. Louis
1998 St. Louis


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : Galaxy of adventures
PostPosted: Thu November 29, 2018 4:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 16518
Location: Mizzou
blueviper wrote:
wouldn't you just let kids watch the originals to get them into SW? Why would you have to update the stuff?

I don't need an updated West Side Story to appreciate the music/choreography they are trying to accomplish in the movie from 1961, that was before my time.

I don't need an updated Godfather to appreciate the crime family drama, a few years before my time.

I think updating older properties just takes away from not only the originality of the material, but the historical era they were produced in. It's almost like they are historical artifacts, a moment in cinematic history. Updating (and in some cases, trying to extend them into franchises; a whole other story) takes away from their emotional and historical impact.

My daughter watched the OT a few years ago. She was 11 at the time I believe. She liked them and she wanted to pull out some of my SW toys to play with.

I put TPM on, and 20 minutes in she says "can we turn this off? It's boring.". Now I'm sure a lot of kids like razzle dazzle and rip roaring excitement of the adrenaline fueled action of today's movies, but kids can decipher quality when they see it.

What's my point? I don't know. This Galaxy of Adventures just seems like another attempt to modernize SW and bring in money.


Ding ding ding.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : Galaxy of adventures
PostPosted: Thu November 29, 2018 4:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 23380
It’s on YouTube. They aren’t charging for it


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : Galaxy of adventures
PostPosted: Thu November 29, 2018 4:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52827
are there ads involved?

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : Galaxy of adventures
PostPosted: Thu November 29, 2018 5:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 23380
Don’t know. You only make money off YouTube ads if someone clicks on them and follows through as far as I know


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : Galaxy of adventures
PostPosted: Thu November 29, 2018 6:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 16518
Location: Mizzou
dimejinky99 wrote:
Don’t know. You only make money off YouTube ads if someone clicks on them and follows through as far as I know


So they will make money on them.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : Galaxy of adventures
PostPosted: Thu November 29, 2018 7:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52827
dimejinky99 wrote:
Don’t know. You only make money off YouTube ads if someone clicks on them and follows through as far as I know

This isn't entirely true. Advertisers can also pay to have that 5 to 15 second ad play before a video. No clicking involved

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : Galaxy of adventures
PostPosted: Thu November 29, 2018 7:50 pm 
Online
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36915
Location: Mountains
guys just get the youtube ad blocker chrome extension plugin for crying out loud.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : Galaxy of adventures
PostPosted: Thu November 29, 2018 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13588
It's a shame that now that these are out that you are not allowed to watch the versions you prefer.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : Galaxy of adventures
PostPosted: Thu November 29, 2018 11:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 68474
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
@SkitchP wrote:
It's a shame that now that these are out that you are not allowed to watch the versions you prefer.

:lol:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : Galaxy of adventures
PostPosted: Fri November 30, 2018 3:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:03 pm
Posts: 417
Quote:
With Galaxy of Adventures, we wanted to craft something that allowed parents to help their kids take their first step into a much larger world whether they were ready to show their kids the films or wanted to find new ways to explore the content




so basically paving the way for the future SW consumers.



"Oh, look! Billy is taking his first steps!"

"Oh look, Billy just said his first word."

"Oh look, Billy is watching his first SW video!"

when the development of your child includes their first SW experience, it's kinda cute. But when that experience is basically fed to you by the corporation, it's kinda scary.

_________________
2010 St. Louis
2004 St. Louis
2003 St. Louis
2000 St. Louis
1998 St. Louis


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : Galaxy of adventures
PostPosted: Fri November 30, 2018 4:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 7128
Location: Washington State
@SkitchP wrote:
It's a shame that now that these are out that you are not allowed to watch the versions you prefer.

It's 1984 all over again.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : Galaxy of adventures
PostPosted: Sat December 01, 2018 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 23380
SO the first few episodes are up but you can only view them if you’re in the US

WEIRD


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : Galaxy of adventures
PostPosted: Sun December 02, 2018 5:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:03 pm
Posts: 417
dimejinky99 wrote:
SO the first few episodes are up but you can only view them if you’re in the US

WEIRD


You aren’t missing much. Interesting animation but they’re basically 1 minutes ads.

_________________
2010 St. Louis
2004 St. Louis
2003 St. Louis
2000 St. Louis
1998 St. Louis


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : Galaxy of adventures
PostPosted: Sun December 02, 2018 12:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 23380
All the money they’re losing making it region blocked


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : Galaxy of adventures
PostPosted: Mon December 10, 2018 5:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 23380
This looks efffin awesome
https://www.instagram.com/starwars_cent ... a2qoyac7k5


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed January 16, 2019 2:35 pm