The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Sequels
PostPosted: Fri March 13, 2020 8:12 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

oneway23 wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
oneway23 wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Anders wrote:
oneway23 wrote:
Kylo comic series was pretty enjoyable in terms of the efforts they made to build a bit of sympathy toward him.
It re-contextualizes a fairly major event from TLJ

Can you write what happened in a spoiler?

Would appreciate that too Oneway. I’m not gonna be able to read this series for ages

Sure, be glad too, but, guys, at the risk of being completely embarrassed, I'm not entirely sure how the spoiler tag works :|

Open a new post. Click the spoiler tag in the tabs above. Then type in between the bars between
Spoiler: show
type here

Cool....Much obliged!

So....yeah...
Spoiler: show
It is more than heavily implied, if not outright stated, that Snoke/Palpatine('s clone?) was responsible for burning down Luke's school.
There is a lightning strike, which was NOT initiated by Kylo Ren, which blows him back, as he looks on in abject horror. He runs out of fear and the misunderstandings only compound from there.

Portrayed as a truly tragic figure here, IMO.

That was very interesting. Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri March 13, 2020 8:18 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Kind of ties all the way back in the films though.
He’s never truly dark and all the way through trying convince himself and everyone he is.
It rings hollow certainly for Rey. She sees righty through it in TFA but later full realizing he’s not fully dark at all in TLJ And ROS

Maybe even the likes of Hux also sense it.

PostPosted: Fri March 13, 2020 8:19 pm 
AnalLog

Anders wrote:

Of course!

I'm just glad I finally jumped in here, largely at dime's urging, after we bickered like an old married couple this morning.

I'm now infinitely more likely to stay here beyond this album/tour cycle, although, it'll likely be at least six months before I get to see them at MSG again.

Pretty convinced now that they postponed the tour just to ensure that I stick around here.

We still make records to be listened to — not that everyone will listen to a record track one to twelve in a row or side A or Side B — but we still make 'em in case somebody does want to listen to it like that, that's how we make em…

PostPosted: Fri March 13, 2020 8:26 pm 

oneway23 wrote:
Anders wrote:

Of course!

I'm just glad I finally jumped in here, largely at dime's urging, after we bickered like an old married couple this morning.

I'm now infinitely more likely to stay here beyond this album/tour cycle, although, it'll likely be at least six months before I get to see them at MSG again.

Pretty convinced now that they postponed the tour just to ensure that I stick around here.

I’m really sorry for being cranky. I’m really really sick for what feels like forever now and then woke up to a torrent of abuse off posters I don’t know and set me off.
We generally all know each other here even offsite on insta etc and I’m not used to being told I’m full of shit cos I’m not. I don’t have to be and don’t need to impress anyone or lie about anything.
No skin off my nose of those lads don’t believe it but lose the cool when I’m called a liar when I’m not.

Please do hang around though. We’re in for an amazing few years ahead in terms of Star Wars at least. Alway great to hear new thoughts

PostPosted: Fri March 13, 2020 8:34 pm 
AnalLog

dimejinky99 wrote:
oneway23 wrote:
Anders wrote:

Of course!

I’m really sorry for being cranky. I’m really really sick for what feels like forever now and then woke up to a torrent of abuse off posters I don’t know and set me off.
We generally all know each other here even offsite on insta etc and I’m not used to being told I’m full of shit cos I’m not. I don’t have to be and don’t need to impress anyone or lie about anything.
No skin off my nose of those lads don’t believe it but lose the cool when I’m called a liar when I’m not.

Please do hang around though. We’re in for an amazing few years ahead in terms of Star Wars at least. Alway great to hear new thoughts

I really appreciate your saying that, and apologize as well. I suppose the post crossed my eyelids in a foul moment, and I merely reacted instead of thinking beforehand. Not to get too sappy, but, this band has meant more to my life than I can ever hope to convey, and I guess I get a little defensive when it's implied that my love of this band is somehow correlated to my post count.

In any event, I will try make much more of an effort to stick around beyond lurking/occasionally posting outside of album/tour cycles.
This section will definitely go a long way.

Feel better soon

We still make records to be listened to — not that everyone will listen to a record track one to twelve in a row or side A or Side B — but we still make 'em in case somebody does want to listen to it like that, that's how we make em…

PostPosted: Fri March 13, 2020 8:37 pm 

oneway23 wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
oneway23 wrote:
Anders wrote:

Of course!

I really appreciate your saying that, and apologize as well. I suppose the post crossed my eyelids in a foul moment, and I merely reacted instead of thinking beforehand. Not to get too sappy, but, this band has meant more to my life than I can ever hope to convey, and I guess I get a little defensive when it's implied that my love of this band is somehow correlated to my post count.

In any event, I will try make much more of an effort to stick around beyond lurking/occasionally posting outside of album/tour cycles.
This section will definitely go a long way.

Feel better soon

Cool. Do hang around there’s some great minds here on Star Wars.

I suggest looking up stips essay on the last Jedi. It’s well well worth a read. You’ll hopefully enjoy the film in whole new ways even if you didn’t like it.
Sadly he didn’t like ROS so didn’t write one for it.

PostPosted: Fri March 13, 2020 8:39 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

1. The Rise Of Skywalker
2. The Force Awakens
3. The Last Jedi

PostPosted: Fri March 13, 2020 8:41 pm 
AnalLog

dimejinky99 wrote:
Cool. Do hang around there’s some great minds here on Star Wars.

I suggest looking up stips essay on the last Jedi. It’s well well worth a read. You’ll hopefully enjoy the film in whole new ways even if you didn’t like it.
Sadly he didn’t like ROS so didn’t write one for it.

Oh, Stip....

PostPosted: Fri March 13, 2020 8:53 pm 

Anders wrote:
1. The Rise Of Skywalker
2. The Force Awakens
3. The Last Jedi

I still can’t rank them.

I’ll be better able to once I have rise at home.

I just hope they flow together.

TFA flows perfectly into TLJ for me. Just as the OT do.

I’m sure they will in time anyways but rise is such a lurch in almost every way from tlj it might take time.

PostPosted: Fri March 13, 2020 10:23 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I do look forward to seeing it again, but after two times in the cinema, I can also wait a couple of months. Glad it’s coming this month though.

PostPosted: Sat March 14, 2020 1:32 am 
The Master

The Last Jedi
Force Awakens

Rise of Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat March 14, 2020 4:30 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Interesting how differently we see these films.

PostPosted: Sat March 14, 2020 5:25 am 
The Master

Anders wrote:
Interesting how differently we see these films.

I know! I want to see Rise again at some point, but it's the first Skywalker saga film I'm not dying to rewatch.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 4:16 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Can finally watch all three sequels on Disney+ where available starting tomorrow. TROS will also be out in every other way in other countries (Blu-Ray and DVD in Europe as well as available to rent digitally.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 5:10 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

WE GOT THEM ALL AT AMAZON PRIMEEEE

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 5:43 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I can safely say this is my least favorite of the three trilogies. While the production of the prequels was bad, the stories are way better

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 5:56 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I'm really looking forward to doing a ST watch party. Really excited to see all three in one night, as one experience. It's no secret that this era of Star Wars is "my era" and it'll be nice to experience it the way that I've gotten to experience the other two movie eras. :heartbeat:

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 6:00 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

VinylGuy wrote:
WE GOT THEM ALL AT AMAZON PRIMEEEE

That’s cool. Not here though. But at least from tomorrow it’s out both digitally in every way, and physically.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 6:03 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I can safely say this is my least favorite of the three trilogies. While the production of the prequels was bad, the stories are way better

Two flawed trilogies, but both are also a lot of fun. I think the flaws are bigger in the PT, but the highs are also higher. The world building is also stronger.

durdencommatyler wrote:
I'm really looking forward to doing a ST watch party. Really excited to see all three in one night, as one experience. It's no secret that this era of Star Wars is "my era" and it'll be nice to experience it the way that I've gotten to experience the other two movie eras. :heartbeat:

Same for me. When I’ve finally got TROS at home, I will 100% do so one day.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 6:15 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 18  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars