The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Sequels
PostPosted: Fri January 28, 2022 10:33 pm 
Major Dude

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I just completed my lego Star Wars mini figure original bounty Hunter set. I have a problem with collecting these fucking minifigures

Fuck yeah

PostPosted: Fri January 28, 2022 11:33 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
B wrote:
I think fans loved all of the bounty hunters in Empire who stood there and said nothing. Nothing works better for a Star Wars character than having no George Lucas dialogue.

Joking aside, yes. Just from their introduction alone, they were presented as badmotherfuckers. And the mysteriousness only played up to that. There was one whose figure you could only get thru a mail away and not many in my circle had that one. I want to say it was Zuckuss, but it may have been 4-LOM. And the characters you had to send off special for, you knew those were special characters.

It was Zuckuss!

PostPosted: Sat January 29, 2022 12:19 am 
Major Dude

B wrote:
wease wrote:
B wrote:
I think fans loved all of the bounty hunters in Empire who stood there and said nothing. Nothing works better for a Star Wars character than having no George Lucas dialogue.

Joking aside, yes. Just from their introduction alone, they were presented as badmotherfuckers. And the mysteriousness only played up to that. There was one whose figure you could only get thru a mail away and not many in my circle had that one. I want to say it was Zuckuss, but it may have been 4-LOM. And the characters you had to send off special for, you knew those were special characters.

It was Zuckuss!

That was the rare one that I had that my cousins didn’t!

PostPosted: Sat January 29, 2022 2:25 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

I just caught the scene in RotS with Yoda and Obi-Wan in the temple after order 66. Guys, Ewan McGregor was doing some really shitty acting in that scene.

PostPosted: Sun April 10, 2022 1:59 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Sat July 16, 2022 4:31 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

https://gamerant.com/hayden-christensen-star-wars-sequel-trilogy-review/amp/

During an interview with Kakuchopurei, Christensen stated that part of the reason why he enjoyed the sequel trilogy was because of how they honoured the character of Darth Vader. "I really enjoyed the Sequel Trilogy," Christensen said. "I think it was great the way that they honored this character. I really enjoyed sort of everything they’ve been up to with and it was fun for me to just go back to being a fan, and watch these stories like everybody else."

PostPosted: Sun March 12, 2023 10:02 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

https://www.fanthatracks.com/news/film-music-tv/jon-favreau-on-a-post-the-rise-of-skywalker-future-theres-definitely-a-conversation-thats-going-on/

“There’s definitely a conversation that’s going on. And then, also, what happens after the sequel trilogy? Because the sequel trilogy only takes place over the course of a few years. And it’s a big thing on the screen, and it’s very eventful. But it is a relatively brief moment in history over the course of the thousands of years that Star Wars takes place, and so what happens after it is interesting too, and I know that there’s some discussion, exploration going on about what happens after it.

So I think that there are certain markers that we have…where you kind of know a few things that happen, but there’s a lot of murkiness in between, and we just don’t have archaeological evidence in the real world to know exactly what happened, so we kind of connect the dots.”

PostPosted: Tue March 21, 2023 2:13 pm 
known prankster

Episode 7: solid, entertaining

Episode 8: I love it warts and all.

Episode 9: bad but it's entertaining and there are individual scenes I enjoy

I like this trilogy overall. Yes it could have been planned better. But it's not as if the originals or prequels were well planned either.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 6:51 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Not even a trilogy anymore, the sequels will continue.

PostPosted: Thu July 20, 2023 7:56 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Thu July 20, 2023 2:37 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Haha he really hated what happened with his character.

RAAAAAEEEEY

PostPosted: Thu July 20, 2023 3:13 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I still can't believe that Darth Vader is Luke's father.

PostPosted: Mon September 25, 2023 10:17 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I wish they would have done the sequels after all this mandoverse stuff. The characters they could have had would have been so much more interesting. Plus they could have still done the palpatine clone story but explored it before going into the movies instead of shoehorning it in in the last 30 minutes of the last movie lol. Terrible!

PostPosted: Tue September 26, 2023 2:04 am 
The Master

Boyega needs to get over it. Finn had the most interesting arc in TLJ and he fails to see it.

PostPosted: Tue September 26, 2023 3:47 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

No, he’s absolutely right. Awful use of his character in TLJ.

Ruddo makes a good point as well.

PostPosted: Tue September 26, 2023 7:32 am 
what on earth am I talking about

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I wish they would have done the sequels after all this mandoverse stuff. The characters they could have had would have been so much more interesting. Plus they could have still done the palpatine clone story but explored it before going into the movies instead of shoehorning it in in the last 30 minutes of the last movie lol. Terrible!

You would think of hope these series would be laying a foundation for the movies to come with Rey etc.

If they are somehow, I’m not seeing it. Other than grogu possibly being a link and that’s as unlikely

PostPosted: Tue September 26, 2023 9:43 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

dimejinky99 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

You would think of hope these series would be laying a foundation for the movies to come with Rey etc.

If they are somehow, I’m not seeing it. Other than grogu possibly being a link and that’s as unlikely

A shame really. They are building something great here, a lot of wonderful characters and stories. If they can't combine that with the movies at all, it's a missed opportunity.

PostPosted: Tue September 26, 2023 10:36 am 
what on earth am I talking about

Anders wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

A shame really. They are building something great here, a lot of wonderful characters and stories. If they can't combine that with the movies at all, it's a missed opportunity.

Well they are all tying into whatever Dave’s movie is going to be. Which is really exciting in its own way.

I have to hope that lays some ground for the rey movie but it’s been announced that starts filming January next.

I know they have the story group and it is all interlinked and it annoyed them greatly that JJ completely ignored all their work when doing his second movie but with luck whoever is doing the Rey movie will bring it in. If there’s stuff to bring at that point

PostPosted: Tue September 26, 2023 11:01 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

dimejinky99 wrote:
Anders wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Well they are all tying into whatever Dave’s movie is going to be. Which is really exciting in its own way.

I have to hope that lays some ground for the rey movie but it’s been announced that starts filming January next.

I know they have the story group and it is all interlinked and it annoyed them greatly that JJ completely ignored all their work when doing his second movie but with luck whoever is doing the Rey movie will bring it in. If there’s stuff to bring at that point

That sounds odd about the story group being annoyed, not sure if that's true. Besides, it was obvious that Rian and JJ did not agree on where the movies were headed, which is how we got what we got. Rian's fault imo. TFA set up the sequel trilogy very nicely, though it's a shame Han died so soon (and TFA had a few flaws as well, but let's not get into that).

Dave doing a movie sounds very promising.

PostPosted: Tue September 26, 2023 3:51 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Untitled_Star_Wars_film_(Dave_Filoni)

An upcoming live-action Star Wars film set during the New Republic Era by Dave Filoni is currently planned. The film will close out the stories told in The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, Ahsoka, and other related series on Disney+.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars