The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Rank The Star Wars Movies
PostPosted: Sun June 03, 2018 1:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36348
Location: Mountains
I did too! But im forgetting which one had that gigantic spider and which one had the diabeeetus


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Rank The Star Wars Movies
PostPosted: Sun June 03, 2018 1:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 37856
Strat wrote:
I did too! But im forgetting which one had that gigantic spider and which one had the diabeeetus

Caravan had the monster, Battle had diabeetus

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What's going on in here

a lot of hurt


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Rank The Star Wars Movies
PostPosted: Sun June 03, 2018 1:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36348
Location: Mountains
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Strat wrote:
I did too! But im forgetting which one had that gigantic spider and which one had the diabeeetus

Caravan had the monster, Battle had diabeetus

Shit. I guess I loved them both then!

I should watch them again soon.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Rank The Star Wars Movies
PostPosted: Sat October 27, 2018 7:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 6476
Location: Oslo, Norway
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
The Battle for Endor
Caravan of Courage
Holiday Special


I’ll look for all three today. Been a long time.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Rank The Star Wars Movies
PostPosted: Sat October 27, 2018 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 6476
Location: Oslo, Norway
Anders wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
The Battle for Endor
Caravan of Courage
Holiday Special


I’ll look for all three today. Been a long time.


The Holiday Specisl is just brutal. It has some solitary scenes that are interesting, when you see the original cast acting. But as a story and a production, it is easily the worst eligible in this thread.

The other two can more easily be defended, and work as kids movies. I’m sorry I never got to see them as a kid (that I can recall).


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Rank The Star Wars Movies
PostPosted: Sat October 27, 2018 10:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22345
I’ve never seen the holiday special or any of those ewok movies.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Rank The Star Wars Movies
PostPosted: Sat October 27, 2018 7:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66875
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
dimejinky99 wrote:
I’ve never seen the holiday special or any of those ewok movies.

Dude! You gotta check those out. They're fucking necessary. The Holiday Special is beyond, man.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Rank The Star Wars Movies
PostPosted: Sat October 27, 2018 7:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22345
I heard a clip of it on a pod yesterday. It actually hurt my ears.

A guy saying ‘whip it!! Keep whipping!’ Over and over and over in a really high pitched voice.
It’s a cooking scene with chewie or something?

I will never watch it. Ever. (Did watch the Boba Fett cartoon tho on its own)

I will someday watch the ewok movies. I love the ewoks.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Rank The Star Wars Movies
PostPosted: Sat October 27, 2018 7:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 6476
Location: Oslo, Norway


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Rank The Star Wars Movies
PostPosted: Sat October 27, 2018 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66875
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
You don't know what you're missing, friend. It's glorious.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Rank The Star Wars Movies
PostPosted: Sat October 27, 2018 8:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22345
Endless baseless bullshit attacks from without on Star Wars I can take. (See the twitter thread).

Such an abhorrent appalling attack on the story from within, I cannot.

I echo and support Lucas’ statement saying if he had the time he would hunt down every single copy of it and smash it with a hammer.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Rank The Star Wars Movies
PostPosted: Sat October 27, 2018 8:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66875
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
The Special is a ton of fun and such a wonderfully strange moment in time. And more and more of it is leaking back into official canon. You can hate it all you want. Totally your call. But, I'm telling you, it's so weird and fun and strange and lovely and campy and awesome. It's totally worth your time. Especially if you crack open a brew or two first.

But, hey, you do you. Taking away enjoyment from others is shitty though. I can't support you or Lucas in that.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Rank The Star Wars Movies
PostPosted: Sat October 27, 2018 8:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22345
I think there’s a section on it in Rinzlers making of empire strikes back book. Must look that up. Seem to remember it being Lucas not being around or involved and tv execs calling the shots and getting their way.

Weirdly this is the kind of variety show format that the Brits did so well around that time and was actually entertaining. The muppet show a good example.

The special though. No. Train wreck

I don’t hate it at all! I haven’t seen it! I just don’t want to tarnish my Star Wars is all.
Tastes and mileage may vary.
I’m afraid I’d find myself loving it and then obsessing over it and it Becoming my favourite, if I’m honest.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Rank The Star Wars Movies
PostPosted: Sat October 27, 2018 8:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 37856
Lumpy is the most wonderful thing Star Wars has ever given the world

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What's going on in here

a lot of hurt


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Rank The Star Wars Movies
PostPosted: Sat October 27, 2018 9:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22345
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Lumpy is the most wonderful thing Star Wars has ever given the world



He’s been made canon in one of the recent books

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Rank The Star Wars Movies
PostPosted: Sat October 27, 2018 9:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 37856
dimejinky99 wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Lumpy is the most wonderful thing Star Wars has ever given the world



He’s been made canon in one of the recent books

He was made canon in the holiday special

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What's going on in here

a lot of hurt


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Rank The Star Wars Movies
PostPosted: Sat October 27, 2018 9:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22345
It’s not canon. Sadly. Bea Arthur’s character is also in one of the books. But who even has the time.

I hope you get it in 4K. Someday.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Rank The Star Wars Movies
PostPosted: Sat October 27, 2018 9:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66875
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
dimejinky99 wrote:
It’s not canon. Sadly. Bea Arthur’s character is also in one of the books. But who even has the time.

I hope you get it in 4K. Someday.

Ackmena is all over Star Wars canon now. She's in at least one comic, one book, and I think in one of the new visual guides or something like that.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Rank The Star Wars Movies
PostPosted: Sat October 27, 2018 10:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22345
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
It’s not canon. Sadly. Bea Arthur’s character is also in one of the books. But who even has the time.

I hope you get it in 4K. Someday.

Ackmena is all over Star Wars canon now. She's in at least one comic, one book, and I think in one of the new visual guides or something like that.



You knew her name. I don’t. God I love you joe.

Imma post this short exchange to anyone giving me shit on here about my Star Wars fandom (yes you, McP)

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Rank The Star Wars Movies
PostPosted: Sat October 27, 2018 10:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66875
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
It’s not canon. Sadly. Bea Arthur’s character is also in one of the books. But who even has the time.

I hope you get it in 4K. Someday.

Ackmena is all over Star Wars canon now. She's in at least one comic, one book, and I think in one of the new visual guides or something like that.



You knew her name. I don’t. God I love you joe.

Imma post this short exchange to anyone giving me shit on here about my Star Wars fandom (yes you, McP)

8-)


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue November 13, 2018 4:17 pm