The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Gue$$ The Opening Weekend Gross - The Last Jedi (Joey wi
PostPosted: Wed December 20, 2017 12:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 64431
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
I am one with the Force and the Force is with me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gue$$ The Opening Weekend Gross - The Last Jedi (Joey wi
PostPosted: Wed December 20, 2017 12:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 21154
durdencommatyler wrote:
I am one with the Force and the Force is with me.



There are none so blind as those that will not see.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gue$$ The Opening Weekend Gross - The Last Jedi (Joey wi
PostPosted: Wed December 20, 2017 12:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 64431
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I am one with the Force and the Force is with me.



There are none so blind as those that will not see.

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gue$$ The Opening Weekend Gross - The Last Jedi (Joey wi
PostPosted: Wed December 20, 2017 12:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 21154
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I am one with the Force and the Force is with me.



There are none so blind as those that will not see.

Image



Fucking gravestone is there and it means something ok??

Her parents are buried there. GUARANTEED!!

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gue$$ The Opening Weekend Gross - The Last Jedi (Joey wi
PostPosted: Wed December 20, 2017 12:49 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 64431
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
:haha:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gue$$ The Opening Weekend Gross - The Last Jedi (Joey wi
PostPosted: Wed December 20, 2017 11:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 21154
So it’s up to over half a billion after only 5 days of release. Them negative reviews aren’t really working It seems.


_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gue$$ The Opening Weekend Gross - The Last Jedi (Joey wi
PostPosted: Wed December 20, 2017 11:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 15827
Location: Lft Craquepeau
Yeah, because those of us that love it are seeing it 6 times.

_________________
Rangi Guy wrote:
So skating back to the train station after work today things went wrong.....now my skateboard is at the bottom of the harbour :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gue$$ The Opening Weekend Gross - The Last Jedi (Joey wi
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 12:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 21154
Where was TFA 5 days out?

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gue$$ The Opening Weekend Gross - The Last Jedi (Joey wi
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 12:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 15827
Location: Lft Craquepeau
Not sure. It hit $1 billion in 12 days, we could work backwards from there.

_________________
Rangi Guy wrote:
So skating back to the train station after work today things went wrong.....now my skateboard is at the bottom of the harbour :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gue$$ The Opening Weekend Gross - The Last Jedi (Joey wi
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 12:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 15827
Location: Lft Craquepeau
I found some information that suggests the 5 day figure was: $325,438,146

_________________
Rangi Guy wrote:
So skating back to the train station after work today things went wrong.....now my skateboard is at the bottom of the harbour :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gue$$ The Opening Weekend Gross - The Last Jedi (Joey wi
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 12:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 21154
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
I found some information that suggests the 5 day figure was: $325,438,146



Seriously? So TLJ is ahead of it? And before we’ve hit Christmas properly? That’s mental

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gue$$ The Opening Weekend Gross - The Last Jedi (Joey wi
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 12:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 15827
Location: Lft Craquepeau
dimejinky99 wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
I found some information that suggests the 5 day figure was: $325,438,146



Seriously? So TLJ is ahead of it? And before we’ve hit Christmas properly? That’s mental

It looks like TLJ is breaking some records.

According to this: https://www.the-numbers.com/box-office- ... st-to-300m TFA is the fastest grossing to 300m at the domestic box office.

Is your half billion figure world wide?

_________________
Rangi Guy wrote:
So skating back to the train station after work today things went wrong.....now my skateboard is at the bottom of the harbour :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gue$$ The Opening Weekend Gross - The Last Jedi (Joey wi
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 12:50 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 21154
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
I found some information that suggests the 5 day figure was: $325,438,146



Seriously? So TLJ is ahead of it? And before we’ve hit Christmas properly? That’s mental

It looks like TLJ is breaking some records.

According to this: https://www.the-numbers.com/box-office- ... st-to-300m TFA is the fastest grossing to 300m at the domestic box office.

Is your half billion figure world wide?



Seems so. Let’s see.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gue$$ The Opening Weekend Gross - The Last Jedi (Joey wi
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 12:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 34302
Location: Mountains
yea, well you have to take into consideration the fact that at least 60% of ticket sales to TLJ would gladly be taken back


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gue$$ The Opening Weekend Gross - The Last Jedi (Joey wi
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 2:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 31676
it'll be interesting to see the legs this has.

Interesting article on how much of the backlash is manufactured (in that it is a smaller, non-representative percentage of the viewing public than certain metrics might lead you to believe)

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/12/20/the-curious-case-of-the-last-jedi-and-its-rotten-tomatoes-audience-score

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gue$$ The Opening Weekend Gross - The Last Jedi (Joey wi
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 2:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 34302
Location: Mountains
Im not reading that but yes...usually the negativity is much louder than the positive. In all aspects of life.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gue$$ The Opening Weekend Gross - The Last Jedi (Joey wi
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 2:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 31676
it's an article about polling techniques and random samples, which is not everyone's cup of tea.

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gue$$ The Opening Weekend Gross - The Last Jedi (Joey wi
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 2:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 34302
Location: Mountains
stip wrote:
it's an article about polling techniques and random samples, which is not everyone's cup of tea.

After Tump won the presidency....

I dont care about polling.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gue$$ The Opening Weekend Gross - The Last Jedi (Joey wi
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 2:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 7546
the only polling i trust involves glittery buttcheeks and folded dollar bills

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gue$$ The Opening Weekend Gross - The Last Jedi (Joey wi
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 2:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 31676
Strat wrote:
stip wrote:
it's an article about polling techniques and random samples, which is not everyone's cup of tea.

After Tump won the presidency....

I dont care about polling.


just trust what 538 tells you.

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue July 17, 2018 12:04 pm