The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180 ... 555  Next

Well?
Loved it - among the best Star Wars Movies 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Really liked it, but not one of the best 17%  17%  [ 10 ]
Liked it - it's Star Wars 28%  28%  [ 17 ]
Ehhh 35%  35%  [ 21 ]
I miss the prequels 12%  12%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 60
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker
PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2019 4:32 pm 
The Master

dimejinky99 wrote:
Anders wrote:
Far from unchallenged for 1000 years.

There hadn’t been any Sith in 1000 years as far as I recall.
Obi wan killing maul is the first time a Jedi killed a sith in 1000 years.

Correct

When Qui-Gon encounters Darth Maul and the Jedi realise he was a Sith, they are amazed, having believed that they had been extinct for a long time. ... Yes, the Sith were extinct for 1000 years as a civilisation

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2019 4:47 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

The Jedi have existed for more than 10.000 years. And it was only through the Jedi Order they could defeat the Sith. It was after these events that the Galactic Republic was formed and ushered in a new era of democracy, peace, and prosperity. The Jedi Order fully embraced their responsibilities as peacekeepers and rejected their roles as soldiers. Assisted by the Republic Judicials, the Jedi were responsible for maintaining law and order, namely by mediating conflicts to bring about peaceful solutions between various rival factions and planets, as well as serving as interplanetary law enforcement by pursuing wanted and dangerous criminals, pirates, and smugglers. While they ultimately collapsed, the Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order were able to preside over a thousand years of peace sustained without major warfare.

Mostly quoted from wiki.

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2019 4:48 pm 
The Master

Anders wrote:
The Jedi have existed for more than 10.000 years. And it was only through the Jedi Order they could defeat the Sith. It was after these events that the Galactic Republic was formed and ushered in a new era of democracy, peace, and prosperity. The Jedi Order fully embraced their responsibilities as peacekeepers and rejected their roles as soldiers. Assisted by the Republic Judicials, the Jedi were responsible for maintaining law and order, namely by mediating conflicts to bring about peaceful solutions between various rival factions and planets, as well as serving as interplanetary law enforcement by pursuing wanted and dangerous criminals, pirates, and smugglers. While they ultimately collapsed, the Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order were able to preside over a thousand years of peace sustained without major warfare.

Mostly quoted from wiki.

yea, i read that as minor skirmishes throughout the galaxy. Not full on sith and galactic empire rule, which the jedi ultimately allowed to happen.

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2019 4:52 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Strat wrote:
Anders wrote:

Mostly quoted from wiki.

yea, i read that as minor skirmishes throughout the galaxy. Not full on sith and galactic empire rule, which the jedi ultimately allowed to happen.

There were many great wars before the last 1000 years, as I am sure the GOT guys and Rian will show in their trilogies.

Eventually Sidious and the Sith managed to rule for 23 years. He was then killed by two Jedi. Not too bad in a 10.000 year history.

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2019 4:54 pm 
The Master

Anders wrote:
Strat wrote:
Anders wrote:

Mostly quoted from wiki.

There were many great wars before the last 1000 years, as I am sure the GOT guys and Rian will show in their trilogies.

Eventually Sidious and the Sith managed to rule for 23 years. He was then killed by two Jedi. Not too bad in a 10.000 year history.

None of this contradicts anything we are arguing though.

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2019 5:01 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Strat wrote:
Anders wrote:
Strat wrote:
Anders wrote:

Mostly quoted from wiki.

What are we arguing about?

The Jedi existed for 10.000 years. About 9000 years in they crushed the Sith, that only had one survivor.

In the next 1000 years they kept the peace, maintaning law and order, namely by mediating conflicts to bring about peaceful solutions between various rival factions and planets, as well as serving as interplanetary law enforcement by pursuing wanted and dangerous criminals, pirates, and smugglers.

Eventually the Sith returned with a brilliant plan. They took power, ruled for 23 years, but was then destroyed by the Jedi for good.

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2019 5:10 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Anders wrote:
Strat wrote:
Anders wrote:
Strat wrote:
Anders wrote:

Mostly quoted from wiki.

The Jedi existed for 10.000 years. About 9000 years in they crushed the Sith, that only had one survivor.

In the next 1000 years they kept the peace, maintaning law and order, namely by mediating conflicts to bring about peaceful solutions between various rival factions and planets, as well as serving as interplanetary law enforcement by pursuing wanted and dangerous criminals, pirates, and smugglers.

Eventually the Sith returned with a brilliant plan. They took power, ruled for 23 years, but was then destroyed by the Jedi for good.

except palpatine was stiull scheming and will return in IX! hurrah!

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2019 5:33 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

dimejinky99 wrote:
Anders wrote:
Strat wrote:
Anders wrote:
Strat wrote:
Anders wrote:

Mostly quoted from wiki.

except palpatine was still scheming and will return in IX! hurrah!

Awesome :hooray:

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2019 8:16 am 

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2019 5:57 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

On the one hand, :lol:

On the other, all the more reason to explain Snoke's connection to all of this.

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2019 6:32 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2019 6:35 pm 

Oh for fucks sake

He didn’t did he?

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2019 7:11 pm 
Major Dude

Oh, he did. See, even Luke wishes they were all in it.

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2019 7:12 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

See, even Luke is wrong sometimes.

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2019 7:15 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Here's another possible thing we could see that I'd be interested in...

Kylo Ren succumbs to the overwhelming pull of the Light and does something heroic and good. However, rather than feeling redeemed or rejoicing in that action, he sees it as an utter failure and betrayal and becomes even more despondent.

Could be a cool "twist" on the redemption story line.

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2019 8:21 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

bune wrote:

Damn right my friend!!

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2019 8:58 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

VinylGuy wrote:
bune wrote:

Damn right my friend!!

Very cool. Made me smile.

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2019 9:11 pm 
Future Drummer

Anders wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
bune wrote:

Damn right my friend!!

Very cool. Made me smile.

While I wanted the old guard to be together in the ST, I don't think I needed it to be this blatant.

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2019 9:13 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

I love how vocal Mark is about it.

The ¨What should have been¨ is great....yeah, they blew it.

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2019 9:23 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

They didn't blow anything.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180 ... 555  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars