The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Tour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2017-06-09: Dublin, Ireland (Ed Only)
PostPosted: Sun June 11, 2017 12:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 16890
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Dime, what picture of you or your body gets people around here banned. Think about it.



Oh that. God you guys were some serious tight asses back then. Badumdishhhh



(I don't see the relevant context of that pic and this happening. But I'm over tired and wired in the extreme and can't sleep).

_________________
"durdencommatyler-dimejinky: the Han Solo of RM."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-06-09: Dublin, Ireland (Ed Only)
PostPosted: Sun June 11, 2017 12:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 23, 2013 8:27 pm
Posts: 38
Location: Éire
Dime, that's pretty fucking epic man, fair play.

_________________
#42 wrote:
Go stomp on a porcupine! Yell at old people! Fart in a coffee-shop! BE... SKUNK!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-06-09: Dublin, Ireland (Ed Only)
PostPosted: Sun June 11, 2017 2:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 2774
Location: Oslo, Norway
dimejinky99 wrote:
not on that set description but i had my mind blown...ed told that story about me meeting him years ago and giving him a jacket...and it turning out to be glens jacket..i was in tears..we went to the aftershow and i studiously avoided him..hes hangin out with glens ma and our family and just havin a lovely time..then i gets a tap on my shoulder and hes like come on...takes me out to a side corridor with his security guy and we just hung out and talked for a half hour, smokin out a window...talked about chris, glen, the who, just stuff..that conversation will stay with me forever :) at the end of which he apologised for telling that story and i showed him my given to fly tattoo and told him i was sorry :) mind is blown...he was so cool...then we went back in..later he invites me along with glen and a few others to a party in a restaurant in town..just hangin out til 5 this morning...surreal...we took a million selfies :) what a night..magical show..mad experience..


one thing i will say is and i noticed it but ed did too..that was the quietest most respectful audience hes played to in a solo setting..and it was the biggest..nobody shouting at him or any dumb shiut....it was amazing..fair play dublin..
Image

Image


Wow. So happy for you. Thank you for sharing Dime,


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-06-09: Dublin, Ireland (Ed Only)
PostPosted: Sun June 11, 2017 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 3771
Location: 5th floor, Bay 8, position 5851
Good on you Dime. Sounds a like a great night & got to admit, little envious.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-06-09: Dublin, Ireland (Ed Only)
PostPosted: Mon June 12, 2017 6:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 3771
Location: 5th floor, Bay 8, position 5851
dimejinky99 wrote:
just under a three hour show..ed paid a whack of money to break curfew apparently

From AlternativeNation:

Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam are known for their infectious, high-energy shows - and Friday night's show at the 3Arena was no different

As well as bringing Glen Hansard out on stage for The Auld Triangle and Falling Slowly from the Once soundtrack, Vedder also played a wide range of songs and covers - including Bob Dylan's Masters Of War and Neil Young's Rockin' In The Free World.

All told, in fact, Vedder played a whopping thirty-three songs during the concert - and definitely adds weight to this story that originally surfaced on Pearl Jam's message boards. According to a user on the PearlJam.com message boards called ten-vs-vitalogy, Vedder walked off stage during the concert, signed a cheque for €25,000 in order to allow him to continue play and returned to the stage.

The rumour is that 3Arena has a specific policy about playing past a certain time, which incurs a fee on artists who go past it. According to people on the night, Vedder continued playing well into the night - roughly 11.45PM was when the show finished - so it's entirely possible that he broke curfew, but wanted to keep playing regardless.


25,000 euro is about $28,000


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-06-09: Dublin, Ireland (Ed Only)
PostPosted: Mon June 12, 2017 6:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 5106
Good stuff dime, thanks for sharing! Did you and Ed discuss Star Wars?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-06-09: Dublin, Ireland (Ed Only)
PostPosted: Mon June 12, 2017 6:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 16890
darth_vedder wrote:
Good stuff dime, thanks for sharing! Did you and Ed discuss Star Wars?



Briefly! I asked him had he seen Force awakens. Loved it!
I didn't wanna get into rogue one :)

_________________
"durdencommatyler-dimejinky: the Han Solo of RM."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-06-09: Dublin, Ireland (Ed Only)
PostPosted: Mon June 12, 2017 6:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 12411
Location: Seattle, WA
dimejinky99 wrote:
not on that set description but i had my mind blown...ed told that story about me meeting him years ago and giving him a jacket...and it turning out to be glens jacket..i was in tears..we went to the aftershow and i studiously avoided him..hes hangin out with glens ma and our family and just havin a lovely time..then i gets a tap on my shoulder and hes like come on...takes me out to a side corridor with his security guy and we just hung out and talked for a half hour, smokin out a window...talked about chris, glen, the who, just stuff..that conversation will stay with me forever :) at the end of which he apologised for telling that story and i showed him my given to fly tattoo and told him i was sorry :) mind is blown...he was so cool...then we went back in..later he invites me along with glen and a few others to a party in a restaurant in town..just hangin out til 5 this morning...surreal...we took a million selfies :) what a night..magical show..mad experience..


one thing i will say is and i noticed it but ed did too..that was the quietest most respectful audience hes played to in a solo setting..and it was the biggest..nobody shouting at him or any dumb shiut....it was amazing..fair play dublin..
Image

Image


Awesome stuff, dime! is the jacket story the same one as the Vespa jacket?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-06-09: Dublin, Ireland (Ed Only)
PostPosted: Mon June 12, 2017 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 16890
bodysnatcher wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
not on that set description but i had my mind blown...ed told that story about me meeting him years ago and giving him a jacket...and it turning out to be glens jacket..i was in tears..we went to the aftershow and i studiously avoided him..hes hangin out with glens ma and our family and just havin a lovely time..then i gets a tap on my shoulder and hes like come on...takes me out to a side corridor with his security guy and we just hung out and talked for a half hour, smokin out a window...talked about chris, glen, the who, just stuff..that conversation will stay with me forever :) at the end of which he apologised for telling that story and i showed him my given to fly tattoo and told him i was sorry :) mind is blown...he was so cool...then we went back in..later he invites me along with glen and a few others to a party in a restaurant in town..just hangin out til 5 this morning...surreal...we took a million selfies :) what a night..magical show..mad experience..


one thing i will say is and i noticed it but ed did too..that was the quietest most respectful audience hes played to in a solo setting..and it was the biggest..nobody shouting at him or any dumb shiut....it was amazing..fair play dublin..
Image

Image


Awesome stuff, dime! is the jacket story the same one as the Vespa jacket?


The very same

_________________
"durdencommatyler-dimejinky: the Han Solo of RM."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-06-09: Dublin, Ireland (Ed Only)
PostPosted: Mon June 12, 2017 7:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 12411
Location: Seattle, WA
dimejinky99 wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
not on that set description but i had my mind blown...ed told that story about me meeting him years ago and giving him a jacket...and it turning out to be glens jacket..i was in tears..we went to the aftershow and i studiously avoided him..hes hangin out with glens ma and our family and just havin a lovely time..then i gets a tap on my shoulder and hes like come on...takes me out to a side corridor with his security guy and we just hung out and talked for a half hour, smokin out a window...talked about chris, glen, the who, just stuff..that conversation will stay with me forever :) at the end of which he apologised for telling that story and i showed him my given to fly tattoo and told him i was sorry :) mind is blown...he was so cool...then we went back in..later he invites me along with glen and a few others to a party in a restaurant in town..just hangin out til 5 this morning...surreal...we took a million selfies :) what a night..magical show..mad experience..


one thing i will say is and i noticed it but ed did too..that was the quietest most respectful audience hes played to in a solo setting..and it was the biggest..nobody shouting at him or any dumb shiut....it was amazing..fair play dublin..
Image

Image


Awesome stuff, dime! is the jacket story the same one as the Vespa jacket?


The very same


Hahah cool .. I remember he told that story at one of his 2011 Seattle shows


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-06-09: Dublin, Ireland (Ed Only)
PostPosted: Mon June 12, 2017 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 16890
bodysnatcher wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
not on that set description but i had my mind blown...ed told that story about me meeting him years ago and giving him a jacket...and it turning out to be glens jacket..i was in tears..we went to the aftershow and i studiously avoided him..hes hangin out with glens ma and our family and just havin a lovely time..then i gets a tap on my shoulder and hes like come on...takes me out to a side corridor with his security guy and we just hung out and talked for a half hour, smokin out a window...talked about chris, glen, the who, just stuff..that conversation will stay with me forever :) at the end of which he apologised for telling that story and i showed him my given to fly tattoo and told him i was sorry :) mind is blown...he was so cool...then we went back in..later he invites me along with glen and a few others to a party in a restaurant in town..just hangin out til 5 this morning...surreal...we took a million selfies :) what a night..magical show..mad experience..


one thing i will say is and i noticed it but ed did too..that was the quietest most respectful audience hes played to in a solo setting..and it was the biggest..nobody shouting at him or any dumb shiut....it was amazing..fair play dublin..
Image

Image


Awesome stuff, dime! is the jacket story the same one as the Vespa jacket?


The very same


Hahah cool .. I remember he told that story at one of his 2011 Seattle shows



Haha! One of the more surreal experiences I've ever had waking up to a load of texts and emails about that:)
Then I got sent a recording of it and shit got really weird :) still have it somewhere

_________________
"durdencommatyler-dimejinky: the Han Solo of RM."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-06-09: Dublin, Ireland (Ed Only)
PostPosted: Wed June 14, 2017 5:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 3571
POWER RANKINGS 6/9/17:

1) Ed
2) Glen
3) Dime
4) Dave A
5) 7.5 billion other people


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-06-09: Dublin, Ireland (Ed Only)
PostPosted: Wed June 14, 2017 8:49 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 16890
What's a power ranking? Haha

_________________
"durdencommatyler-dimejinky: the Han Solo of RM."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-06-09: Dublin, Ireland (Ed Only)
PostPosted: Wed June 14, 2017 9:38 pm 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 10:12 pm
Posts: 331
Dime,
What an amazing experience and I do in fact wish I was you.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-06-09: Dublin, Ireland (Ed Only)
PostPosted: Thu June 15, 2017 3:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu January 31, 2013 7:03 am
Posts: 5121
Location: by the ocean
good on ya dime :thumbsup:

_________________
Dev wrote:
those who are fulfilled by life are either simpletons or lack conscientiousness.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-06-09: Dublin, Ireland (Ed Only)
PostPosted: Thu June 15, 2017 7:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 16890
IT was just a lucky week. Normally life is totally isolated anti social and depression hellish.
I was just due a few days in the sun:)

_________________
"durdencommatyler-dimejinky: the Han Solo of RM."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-06-09: Dublin, Ireland (Ed Only)
PostPosted: Thu June 15, 2017 10:11 pm 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 11:52 pm
Posts: 984
That's so cool, dime! :thumbsup:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-06-09: Dublin, Ireland (Ed Only)
PostPosted: Thu June 15, 2017 11:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 16883
Location: Hunter
Dime wins RM this week. What a life.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-06-09: Dublin, Ireland (Ed Only)
PostPosted: Fri June 16, 2017 12:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 45491
Location: Sector 7-G
I should move to Dublin and be his roommate.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-06-09: Dublin, Ireland (Ed Only)
PostPosted: Fri June 16, 2017 12:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Posts: 10500
Location: in the wind
damn dime, that's cool as hell

_________________
, yo.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Tour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri September 22, 2017 11:30 am