The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2016-11-20: Seattle, WA (TOTD)
PostPosted: Mon November 21, 2016 11:57 am 
Looks Like a Cat

I was more surprised they didn't try out Angel on Fire or Black Cat last night than Ed not showing up, but it might have been the seahawks game.

PostPosted: Mon November 21, 2016 12:21 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

tragabigzanda wrote:
Anders wrote:
Just saw a live Periscope feed, no Ed on Hunger Strike. Band sounded great.

No Ed in Seattle? I'd be supremely bummed if I'd bought a ticket.

Lol. I'd be bummed if he did show up. That's a strange thing to say, trag. I'm there to see TotD, not a guest appearance

PostPosted: Mon November 21, 2016 3:53 pm 
mXn

Chris was very easy to understand talking in between songs and he made one thing abundantly clear: This band , and this tour, is all about celebrating Andy Wood. He must have talked about the Ashes Of MLB like a dozen different times. (I'm kidding - what he did talk about were lots of stories about Andy as a friend and songwriter). With only 10 TotD songs to play, they clearly rounded out the set with other songs that were important to them. These guys all have a unique relationship coming up in Seattle together, whereas Ed was a bit of an outsider at the time. So the way they did it was perfect. Just these 5 guys rocking out and enjoying one another as bandmates.

Spoiler: show
PS - If you really thought they were gonna invite Ed you're fucking crazy. This is their one chance to sell posters without him taking a 40% cut.

PostPosted: Mon November 21, 2016 4:16 pm 
mXn

Stone was actually into it. So was Jeff. They were having a lot of fun.

Chris was earnest and very appreciative of the atmosphere. He still has one of the most amazing voices out there, but didn't even think about going for the highest high notes. Those are in his past.

Mike was Mike. He always is, and he never disappoints. I love him.

Matt is like a Cylon or something. Much better fit on drums with Chris singing, compared to Ed. Anyway he is a beast. Like the Marshawn Lynch of drummers.

PostPosted: Mon November 21, 2016 4:28 pm 
Production Police

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Anders wrote:
Just saw a live Periscope feed, no Ed on Hunger Strike. Band sounded great.

No Ed in Seattle? I'd be supremely bummed if I'd bought a ticket.

Lol. I'd be bummed if he did show up. That's a strange thing to say, trag. I'm there to see TotD, not a guest appearance

I don't think this is strange at all. They did a limited number of shows, the tix were expensive. I'm just guessing that a lot of people traveled to Seattle, took time off from work, specifically because they thought it would be the shows most likely to get an Ed cameo. The shows look like they've been a ball -- possibly better than anything PJ has done lately -- but a large portion of their fans came in via PJ, and the Ed connection is important even if he's not really a part of the band.

I don't really care all that much; "supremely disappointed" was an overstatement.
But it's not weird.
I'm not weird.
You're weird. You're all weird. I'm just as God made me.

PostPosted: Mon November 21, 2016 4:35 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I dunno, buying a ticket just to see one song with a guy that isn't a member of the band and may or may not show up, then get mad if he doesn't, seems a little extreme, even for a Pearl Jam fan. And if anyone traveled to Seattle just for that reason? Lol, what a dumbass.

PostPosted: Mon November 21, 2016 4:58 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Ya'll is crazy. If Ed were to walk-on/walk-off on Hunger Strike and PFB, that would be amazing. He would need to STFU otherwise, but I'd love it.

PostPosted: Mon November 21, 2016 5:01 pm 

Bi_3 wrote:
Ya'll is crazy. If Ed were to walk-on/walk-off on Hunger Strike and PFB, that would be amazing. He would need to STFU otherwise, but I'd love it.

I agree it would be great for those songs, but the bolded part of your post is what would worry me. That he would want to to a bunch of other stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a proper version of Hunger Strike with Ed.

PostPosted: Mon November 21, 2016 5:17 pm 
mXn

You guys all should have gone to Bridge School 2014.

PostPosted: Mon November 21, 2016 5:41 pm 
Thread Killer

Bammer wrote:
You guys all should have gone to Bridge School 2014.

LA 09

PostPosted: Mon November 21, 2016 6:08 pm 
Future Drummer

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I dunno, buying a ticket just to see one song with a guy that isn't a member of the band and may or may not show up, then get mad if he doesn't, seems a little extreme, even for a Pearl Jam fan. And if anyone traveled to Seattle just for that reason? Lol, what a dumbass.

This is so true... the entitled PJ fans would turn the show into a shitfest if ed DID show up, completely ruining the perfect vibe of these amazing shows. Just because it's Seattle doesn't mean ed should be there. Besides, he's probably in HI, surfing the north shores somewhere with his buddies right now. STAY AWAY, Mr. Rockstar!!!

PostPosted: Mon November 21, 2016 6:17 pm 
AnalLog

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I can't tell if you are just messing the Trag or being serious. Saying Ed wasn't in the TotD band is weird. Isn't he on the album?

PostPosted: Mon November 21, 2016 6:20 pm 

Hatfield wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I can't tell if you are just messing the Trag or being serious. Saying Ed wasn't in the TotD band is weird. Isn't he on the album?

Yes but not for every song like the rest of the band. I don't think he was ever considered "part of the band" was he? I'm just a little jaded I guess because I've been to one of these shows and the flow and vibe is so much more loose/fun/upbeat whatever and I just think with Ed there it would change the dynamic on stage completely. For what, two songs? Not worth it imo.

PostPosted: Mon November 21, 2016 6:33 pm 
Production Police

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Hatfield wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Yes but not for every song like the rest of the band. I don't think he was ever considered "part of the band" was he? I'm just a little jaded I guess because I've been to one of these shows and the flow and vibe is so much more loose/fun/upbeat whatever and I just think with Ed there it would change the dynamic on stage completely. For what, two songs? Not worth it imo.

I can't argue that Ed's appearance would probably change the vibe for the worst. I bet Stone would stop smiling the moment Ed took the stage.

PostPosted: Mon November 21, 2016 6:59 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

tragabigzanda wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Hatfield wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I can't argue that Ed's appearance would probably change the vibe for the worst. I bet Stone would stop smiling the moment Ed took the stage.

:lol:

I see Stone thinking...¨why in the hell i told him to go to the studio that day¨

PostPosted: Mon November 21, 2016 7:04 pm 
Production Police

Folks on the Pit seem really happy and not concerned that Ed didn't show, so maybe I am being weird.

PostPosted: Mon November 21, 2016 10:16 pm 
mXn

Any time I'm feeling lost or unsure of myself, it's nice to know that I can stroll on over to the Pit so they can tell me what my opinion should be.

PostPosted: Mon November 21, 2016 10:25 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Have they played any other Mad Season stuff?

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon November 21, 2016 11:07 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Total all time stats including this tour:

1 Hunger Strike 16
2 Reach Down 11
3 Say Hello 2 Heaven 10
4 Pushin Forward Back 9
5 Call Me a Dog 9
6 Wooden Jesus 8
7 Your Saviour 8
8 Four Walled 8
9 Stardog Champion (Mother Love Bone cover) 8
10 All Night Thing 8
11 Times of Trouble 8
12 Heartshine (Mother Love Bone cover) 7
13 Stargazer (Mother Love Bone cover) 7
14 War Pigs (Black Sabbath cover) 7
15 Holy Roller (Mother Love Bone cover) 7
16 Seasons (Chris Cornell song) 7
17 Man of Golden Words (Mother Love Bone cover) 7
18 Jump Into the Fire (Harry Nilsson cover) 7
19 Achilles Last Stand (Led Zeppelin cover) 7
20 I'm a Mover (Free cover) 7
21 Fascination Street (The Cure cover) 7
22 River of Deceit (Mad Season cover) 6
23 Baby Lemonade (Syd Barrett cover) 5
24 Quicksand (David Bowie cover) 4
25 Missing (Chris Cornell song) 3
26 Hey Baby (New Rising Sun) (Jimi Hendrix cover) 3
27 Holy Holy (David Bowie cover) 3

PostPosted: Mon November 21, 2016 11:28 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

tragabigzanda wrote:
maybe I am being weird.

Make this your signature pls

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands