The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2021-10-01/02: Ohana Festival Encore (Pearl Jam)
PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 2:20 am 
The Master

Speaking of cynical …

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 2:36 am 
Future Drummer

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 2:41 am 
Production Police

COMPLETELY different

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 3:07 am 
10Club Complaint Department

Yeah, not remotely the same situation.

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 3:34 am 
Future Drummer

Birds in Hell wrote:
Yeah, not remotely the same situation.

lolwhat tell me how they’re completely different from each other.

for the record i don’t think josh is a leech. i don’t think boom is a leech. like a lot of musicians, many not on anyone’s radar, they’ve found success as supporting players and it works for them and the bands they work with. josh even had more success than most. the idea this guy is looking around to suckle from the teats of better musicians is pretty ridiculous.

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 3:59 am 
mXn

Josh Kringlebopper has nudes of Jill Vedder and it’s that simple

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 4:30 am 
Rank This Poster

That was a damn fine Lukin!
Totally down with the extended Corduroy without a call/response.

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 4:52 am 
Rank This Poster

This is hilarious. Pearl Jam is awesome.

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 2:50 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

My final thoughts for the weekend:

Night one: setlist on paper looks like it has no flow. And while it was a little true, Ed did do some talking between weird transitions. I love Low Light as an opener so I was happy. And the band sounded great. That makes up for the weird flow of the setlist. Never Destination->DtE->I Am Mine-> Buckle Up was probably my favorite run of the night.

Night two: The atmosphere was amazing. Ed called us all waves in the ocean early in the set, so he didn't let us down. :lol:
SBWM really set a nice tone for the first few songs. All Night, Last Exit, Lukin, Corduroy. Are you kidding me? That energy was insane. I was there with a friend who is a PJ fan and we both were in awe after that run. DotC was great but like I said it killed the energy a little going in to Quick Escape. They just should have been flipped on the setlist. Of the new songs we heard this night, Take the Long Way was my favorite. They play it really heavy and loud. The run beginning with Again today and ending with Life Wasted was so great. I didn't see one person near us standing still.

Every one of the band seemed to be having so much fun and just genuinely happy to be up there with each other. And we saw Jeff, Mike and Matt all come out and play with other artists. They were having fun. I think the best thing about the addition of Klinghoffer is the backing vocals. He really improved songs that had them.

This venue was set up amazingly. I don't know if I've ever been to a festival that sounded so good. And not just Pearl Jam. Every band sounded incredible. Also, every artist seemed prepared. There wasn't really a sloppy set either day, although I'm pretty sure Taylor Hawkins was really fucked up during their set. Many of these artists haven't played in almost two years, but it didn't show. I can say Pearl Jam was my favorite of the weekend because I'm a big fan, but then I'd be lying because I can't say that their set was better than Beck, Lord Huron, or Brandi Carlile's.

I was skeptical about making this trip all the way across the country, even as I was flying out there on Thursday. But I knew that I don't know when I might see them again. Will Europe happen? Will they reschedule last year's U.S. shows? I definitely don't have any regrets and am beyond happy I made the trip. I could bitch about hearing Unthought Known, or that both days I didn't have to shit until as soon as we walked into the venue (there is no re-entry), but that would just take away from the experience. Every time they tour I seem to question whether or not I want to travel. I ultimately do and every time after I see them I remind myself to remember this feeling for the next time. I don't think I'll ever not want to see this band live.

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 2:52 pm 
The Master

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Night one: setlist on paper looks like it has no flow. And while it was a little true, Ed did do some talking between weird transitions. I love Low Light as an opener so I was happy. And the band sounded great. That makes up for the weird flow of the setlist. Never Destination->DtE->I Am Mine-> Buckle Up was probably my favorite run of the night.

Night two: The atmosphere was amazing. Ed called us all waves in the ocean early in the set, so he didn't let us down. :lol:
SBWM really set a nice tone for the first few songs. All Night, Last Exit, Lukin, Corduroy. Are you kidding me? That energy was insane. I was there with a friend who is a PJ fan and we both were in awe after that run. DotC was great but like I said it killed the energy a little going in to Quick Escape. They just should have been flipped on the setlist. Of the new songs we heard this night, Take the Long Way was my favorite. They play it really heavy and loud. The run beginning with Again today and ending with Life Wasted was so great. I didn't see one person near us standing still.

Every one of the band seemed to be having so much fun and just genuinely happy to be up there with each other. And we saw Jeff, Mike and Matt all come out and play with other artists. They were having fun. I think the best thing about the addition of Klinghoffer is the backing vocals. He really improved songs that had them.

This venue was set up amazingly. I don't know if I've ever been to a festival that sounded so good. And not just Pearl Jam. Every band sounded incredible. Also, every artist seemed prepared. There wasn't really a sloppy set either day, although I'm pretty sure Taylor Hawkins was really fucked up during their set. Many of these artists haven't played in almost two years, but it didn't show. I can say Pearl Jam was my favorite of the weekend because I'm a big fan, but then I'd be lying because I can't say that their set was better than Beck, Lord Huron, or Brandi Carlile's.

I was skeptical about making this trip all the way across the country, even as I was flying out there on Thursday. But I knew that I don't know when I might see them again. Will Europe happen? Will they reschedule last year's U.S. shows? I definitely don't have any regrets and am beyond happy I made the trip. I could bitch about hearing Unthought Known, or that both days I didn't have to shit until as soon as we walked into the venue (there is no re-entry), but that would just take away from the experience. Every time they tour I seem to question whether or not I want to travel. I ultimately do and every time after I see them I remind myself to remember this feeling for the next time. I don't think I'll ever not want to see this band live.

:heartbeat: :heartbeat:

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 3:00 pm 

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

that Beck set you posted looked dope.

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 3:13 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Monkey_Driven wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

:thumbsup:

Having someone other than Matt and Jeff do backing vocals is long overdue, hopefully they keep that up for the dates next year.

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 3:31 pm 
The Master

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 8:02 pm 
AnalLog

glad i got to catch most of the sets live streamed on facebook.

Was Rearviewmirror the best song of the weekend? Felt that way to me.

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 8:13 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Super happy about Ruddo and all the guys here who saw the band.

Im hoping i will see them next year!

PostPosted: Tue October 05, 2021 1:54 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

gardenparty wrote:

I don't know man, a ton of the crowd was really into Garden and Once. For me it was Last Exit or All Night.

PostPosted: Tue October 05, 2021 2:48 pm 
AnalLog

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
gardenparty wrote:

I don't know man, a ton of the crowd was really into Garden and Once. For me it was Last Exit or All Night.

yeah, that Garden was so good.

PostPosted: Tue October 05, 2021 3:24 pm 
mXn

I absolutely love Carrie Brownstein but man that Corin chick seems like a real piece of work and I never want to see S/K perform.

PostPosted: Tue October 05, 2021 7:39 pm 
AnalLog

Bammer wrote:
I absolutely love Carrie Brownstein but man that Corin chick seems like a real piece of work and I never want to see S/K perform.

Fortunate Son with S/K is definitely a candidate for worst cover choice ever.

PostPosted: Tue October 05, 2021 11:31 pm 

Just saw this so can’t tell the quality of the recordings.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PearlJamBootle ... ame=iossmf

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live