The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: 2022-05-03: San Diego, CA
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 1:49 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

damn the outro of Retrograde fucking slays

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 2:20 pm 
Major Dude

VinylGuy wrote:
Listening right now

i like the mix yeah, its pretty cool

How are the guitars mixed when there’s four of them going?

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 2:52 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

wease wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Listening right now

i like the mix yeah, its pretty cool

How are the guitars mixed when there’s four of them going?

not sure which songs are those...guessing some Gigaton songs?

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 4:50 pm 
Future Drummer

Simple Torture wrote:
The track lengths on the boot are ominous.

ed talked a lot.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 5:41 pm 
Future Drummer

aw man, they're still fading out/in on the disc breaks on the digital files. why?!

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 9:04 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

I'm guessing they've got Josh Evans mixing these again.

I think the San Diego boot sounds better (admittedly from memory) than last year's shows, but I still miss Brett Eliason.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 10:41 pm 
Broken Tamborine

I'm listening to Corduroy right now (started with that one) and this is sounding amazing!! :bammer:

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 4:00 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Simple Torture wrote:

Although this is still true, and I've been skipping most of the time between actual tracks, I listened to Ed talking about his brother and it was very touching.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 9:05 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

I also liked Ed's story about his brother, and his various rambling memories about San Diego.

I don't know if they put in some really dedicated rehearsal this time around, but I think the band sound pretty good here, especially for the first night of a tour. Way better than last year's festival shows, which were comparatively pretty messy.

I know I was (perhaps overly) excited to hear Stuverud and Krusen guesting later in this run of shows, but Matt in particular sounds great.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 9:18 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

Although this is still true, and I've been skipping most of the time between actual tracks, I listened to Ed talking about his brother and it was very touching.

One more note on this: the whole remembrance of his brother actually began as a response to a fan request (for Long Road, I assume) for a guy who lost his brother. And by the end of the story, Ed dedicates the song to his own brother by name, not the fan. This is not a complaint--I actually thought it was part of the real sincere nature of the moment, that he forgot where he started the whole thing. Drunk Ed is back, baby.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 1:54 am 
Future Drummer

Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

One more note on this: the whole remembrance of his brother actually began as a response to a fan request (for Long Road, I assume) for a guy who lost his brother. And by the end of the story, Ed dedicates the song to his own brother by name, not the fan. This is not a complaint--I actually thought it was part of the real sincere nature of the moment, that he forgot where he started the whole thing. Drunk Ed is back, baby.

that request was made by my friend mike, who wanted to hear in my tree for his brother stan. ed did mention both of them at the beginning of his remembrance, and if you find the pit thread for the song request you can see the photos they got with ed and matt years ago from a show in san diego, i think it was wellwater conspiracy, that ed mentions before he goes on to speak of his own brother.

stan had a legitimately freak accident in 2013, and for the show there that fall he had to come in a wheelchair, and was often in much discomfort and was understandably crabby about it, but he was going to that show, dammit. mike mentions in his post that the fans around us were super accommodating, and they were- we pretty much stationed at the back corner of ga for that show where there was room and easy in/out, but during the set mike and stan decided to try to get up front for a bit, and people let them through and they wheeled right up close on mike's side for a few songs. and the band also played in my tree - stan's favorite song - in the encore, so there was that bonus, too. and that would be stan's last show, he succumbed to complications from his accident a few months later.

the reason i've been to as many san diego and l.a. area shows as i have dating back to 2006 is because of my friendship with mike- which i have to admit was born of our common love for this band, and we've now seen something like 20 shows together - and i was glad to have been there for this moment at this show and be there to support him. it had to be hard. and certainly bittersweet. they'd been to countless shows of countless bands together, moved across the country together, and generally were the 'peas in a pod' type of people. and now stan has been gone 8 years, and i know mike still misses him every day.

so, yes, in my tree was the request, but long road was the perfect song for that moment. and then ed tagged in my tree to daughter a few songs later. he didn't forget. :)

PostPosted: Sun January 15, 2023 9:33 am 
Banned from the Pit

AndySlash wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

that request was made by my friend mike, who wanted to hear in my tree for his brother stan. ed did mention both of them at the beginning of his remembrance, and if you find the pit thread for the song request you can see the photos they got with ed and matt years ago from a show in san diego, i think it was wellwater conspiracy, that ed mentions before he goes on to speak of his own brother.

stan had a legitimately freak accident in 2013, and for the show there that fall he had to come in a wheelchair, and was often in much discomfort and was understandably crabby about it, but he was going to that show, dammit. mike mentions in his post that the fans around us were super accommodating, and they were- we pretty much stationed at the back corner of ga for that show where there was room and easy in/out, but during the set mike and stan decided to try to get up front for a bit, and people let them through and they wheeled right up close on mike's side for a few songs. and the band also played in my tree - stan's favorite song - in the encore, so there was that bonus, too. and that would be stan's last show, he succumbed to complications from his accident a few months later.

the reason i've been to as many san diego and l.a. area shows as i have dating back to 2006 is because of my friendship with mike- which i have to admit was born of our common love for this band, and we've now seen something like 20 shows together - and i was glad to have been there for this moment at this show and be there to support him. it had to be hard. and certainly bittersweet. they'd been to countless shows of countless bands together, moved across the country together, and generally were the 'peas in a pod' type of people. and now stan has been gone 8 years, and i know mike still misses him every day.

so, yes, in my tree was the request, but long road was the perfect song for that moment. and then ed tagged in my tree to daughter a few songs later. he didn't forget. :)

That's a lovely story. Ed conveyed the emotion very well. I really enjoyed that performance of Long Road.

That was such a great gig to listen to. The mix sounded amazing listening on headphones. Who Ever Said was a standout. Nice little snippet of the Rolling Stones - Satisfaction.

I will be coming back to this gig many times.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live