Switch to full style
Discuss the current tour and upcoming shows.
Post a reply

Re: 2020 Tour (Rumors) (aka Gig A Ton) (aka Gigatour)

Sun April 12, 2020 1:29 pm

Whoever is in the room with Ed during this televised concert thing is going to get the closest thing ... as far as the only person to see PJ live in 2020.

Re: 2020 Tour (Rumors) (aka Gig A Ton) (aka Gigatour)

Mon April 13, 2020 5:55 pm

To echo others I increasingly can't see anything in a large public setting going on even in the fall. Things like concerts & festivals will be among the last things to return.

Re: 2020 Tour (Rumors) (aka Gig A Ton) (aka Gigatour)

Mon April 13, 2020 6:06 pm

Bammer wrote:Whoever is in the room with Ed during this televised concert thing is going to get the closest thing ... as far as the only person to see PJ live in 2020.


Or Mike´s Bathroom.

Re: 2020 Tour (Rumors) (aka Gig A Ton) (aka Gigatour)

Mon April 13, 2020 6:46 pm

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2020/0 ... nd-policy/

Ticketmaster squeezes us even more

Re: 2020 Tour (Rumors) (aka Gig A Ton) (aka Gigatour)

Mon April 13, 2020 10:53 pm

so was there a deadline for request a refund for the cancel . . . er . . . postponed shows? I got the emails from 10 club, but do not recall there ever being a deadline. i deliberately chose not to seek a refund before the rescheduled shows were announced. obviously i'm not flying to oakland for a wednesday and thursday show. but if they are on a weekend again, i'd do it.

Re: 2020 Tour (Rumors) (aka Gig A Ton) (aka Gigatour)

Mon April 13, 2020 10:54 pm

Yeah I’m not touching this until reschedules or cancellations are announced.

Re: 2020 Tour (Rumors) (aka Gig A Ton) (aka Gigatour)

Tue April 14, 2020 1:33 pm

I think we are looking at summer/fall 2021 before concerts are a thing again.

Re: 2020 Tour (Rumors) (aka Gig A Ton) (aka Gigatour)

Tue April 14, 2020 1:44 pm

numbers wrote:I think we are looking at summer/fall 2021 before concerts are a thing again.

Good thing, too, you know because of all the elderly at concerts.

Re: 2020 Tour (Rumors) (aka Gig A Ton) (aka Gigatour)

Tue April 14, 2020 1:53 pm

Bammer wrote:
numbers wrote:I think we are looking at summer/fall 2021 before concerts are a thing again.

Good thing, too, you know because of all the elderly at concerts.


wut

Re: 2020 Tour (Rumors) (aka Gig A Ton) (aka Gigatour)

Tue April 14, 2020 1:55 pm

numbers wrote:
Bammer wrote:
numbers wrote:I think we are looking at summer/fall 2021 before concerts are a thing again.

Good thing, too, you know because of all the elderly at concerts.


wut

I know, right?

Re: 2020 Tour (Rumors) (aka Gig A Ton) (aka Gigatour)

Tue April 14, 2020 2:00 pm

Obviously a lot has to change as far as virus and all that - but I kind of wondered now that they've cancelled Europe, will they try to re-schedule this summer? If not - I find it hard to think they'll be able to do anything until next year as well. Am I wrong in assuming/thinking most major arena's are booked through the end of the year by now?

Re: 2020 Tour (Rumors) (aka Gig A Ton) (aka Gigatour)

Tue April 14, 2020 3:02 pm

DissidentRival4 wrote:Obviously a lot has to change as far as virus and all that - but I kind of wondered now that they've cancelled Europe, will they try to re-schedule this summer? If not - I find it hard to think they'll be able to do anything until next year as well. Am I wrong in assuming/thinking most major arena's are booked through the end of the year by now?


At this point, I would assume any bookings are all there just because lawyers havent finished negotiating what to do yet. I doubt venues will take on the liability of people getting infected any time soon for rock concerts. Or even this year without a federal court ruling on the matter.

Re: 2020 Tour (Rumors) (aka Gig A Ton) (aka Gigatour)

Tue April 14, 2020 3:31 pm

the band's probably kicking themselves knowing that they could've probably waited another year before releasing their album

Re: 2020 Tour (Rumors) (aka Gig A Ton) (aka Gigatour)

Tue April 14, 2020 4:03 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:the band's probably kicking themselves knowing that they could've probably waited another year before releasing their album


They'll just tour next year after the release of Gigatwo.

Re: 2020 Tour (Rumors) (aka Gig A Ton) (aka Gigatour)

Tue April 14, 2020 4:14 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:the band's probably kicking themselves knowing that they could've probably waited another year before releasing their album

This is a fantastic point - Jeff would have had 12 more months to try and convince Ed to leave River Cross off the album.

Re: 2020 Tour (Rumors) (aka Gig A Ton) (aka Gigatour)

Tue April 14, 2020 6:11 pm

Bi_3 wrote:
DissidentRival4 wrote:Obviously a lot has to change as far as virus and all that - but I kind of wondered now that they've cancelled Europe, will they try to re-schedule this summer? If not - I find it hard to think they'll be able to do anything until next year as well. Am I wrong in assuming/thinking most major arena's are booked through the end of the year by now?


At this point, I would assume any bookings are all there just because lawyers haven't finished negotiating what to do yet. I doubt venues will take on the liability of people getting infected any time soon for rock concerts. Or even this year without a federal court ruling on the matter.


A ton of things need to be resolved, and it's pointless to talk logistics or contracts for at least a few more weeks here, minimum. Once the virus peaks and slows down, we will see a lot of this stuff playing out. I know that many folks are passing around that article with the doctor suggesting fall 2021, but I really doubt it will be that long. I really, really doubt that the summer festivals for 2021 don't happen.

I also agree that a law will be passed to absolve venues/sporting teams/whatever from liability in getting a disease from an event. Tying up the courts with something that we can't scientifically prove at this time only makes sense.

Re: 2020 Tour (Rumors) (aka Gig A Ton) (aka Gigatour)

Tue April 21, 2020 9:56 pm

https://www.billboard.com/articles/busi ... Rmm5_rSmZU

TM is holding 2 billion of our money :shock:

Re: 2020 Tour (Rumors) (aka Gig A Ton) (aka Gigatour)

Tue April 21, 2020 11:28 pm

mkay0 wrote:https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/touring/9360740/ticketmaster-preparing-refund-plan-for-thousands-of-postponed-shows?fbclid=IwAR3YxUDwyv1to7GhV7gG-Tqgj2PEd5HZLTcLqGfNFG61XLiA4Rmm5_rSmZU

TM is holding 2 billion of our money :shock:

Kaleck dat interest, playa.

Re: 2020 Tour (Rumors) (aka Gig A Ton) (aka Gigatour)

Wed April 22, 2020 1:34 am

I wouldn't be surprised if TM has to file chapter 11

even if / when sports and concerts come back the attendance levels will prob be like 25% to keep social distancing

wouldn't be surprised if their margins can't support that level

Re: 2020 Tour (Rumors) (aka Gig A Ton) (aka Gigatour)

Wed April 22, 2020 2:00 am

96583UP wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if TM has to file chapter 11

even if / when sports and concerts come back the attendance levels will prob be like 25% to keep social distancing

wouldn't be surprised if their margins can't support that level

Are you telling me I’ll just have to buy my stupid dumbshit goddamn motherfucking Offspring tickets directly from the Emerald Queen Casino box office?
Post a reply