Switch to full style
Discuss your favorite shows, tours, concert posters...
Post a reply

Re: 2020 Tour (Rumors) (aka Gig A Ton) (aka Gigatour)

Mon March 23, 2020 7:19 am

With the band members in their 50s, I hope that they are as good in half a year as they would have been on this tour if it had happened

Wed March 25, 2020 3:51 am

If there isn't a vaccine by September who would feel comfortable going to these shows?

Wed March 25, 2020 4:09 am

Ohana is outside we’ll be fine

Wed March 25, 2020 4:15 am

but if you can't do rimjobs what's the point of being at an outdoor festival

Spoiler: show
ahem, see section 3, bullet point 2

Wed March 25, 2020 5:39 am

It took until now to bring up rimming in this thread.

Pathetic.

Thu March 26, 2020 5:51 pm

96583UP wrote:If there isn't a vaccine by September who would feel comfortable going to these shows?

It will likely be long gone by then without a vaccine. We never got a vaccine for SARS in 2003, and it was gone by July of that year. If this doesn't die down the same way, we're really in uncharted territory.

Thu March 26, 2020 6:48 pm

mkay0 wrote:
96583UP wrote:If there isn't a vaccine by September who would feel comfortable going to these shows?

It will likely be long gone by then without a vaccine. We never got a vaccine for SARS in 2003, and it was gone by July of that year. If this doesn't die down the same way, we're really in uncharted territory.

I just had this debate last week ... is it "uncharted" or "unchartered" ... ?

Without looking it up, I've always gone with "uncharted" as in ... not even on the map.

As opposed to "unchartered" which I guess means we know it's there, but haven't traveled there yet.

Thu March 26, 2020 6:51 pm

It's uncharted

Fri March 27, 2020 11:27 am

if the band feels comfortable enough touring, i am comfortable seeing them. outside of my own selfishness and dumbness, they are obviously taking this whole thing super seriously. they were the first band i saw that cancelled their shows.

Fri March 27, 2020 6:08 pm

warehouse wrote:

if the band feels comfortable enough touring, i am comfortable seeing them. outside of my own selfishness and dumbness, they are obviously taking this whole thing super seriously. they were the first band i saw that cancelled their shows.

yeah. we'll probably all be back at work by then anyways so crowding in with 20,000 hands up raised (near face-touching) will be a non-event

Fri March 27, 2020 9:44 pm

96583UP wrote:
warehouse wrote:

yeah. we'll probably all be back at work by then anyways so crowding in with 20,000 hands up raised (near face-touching) will be a non-event

I'll be there. Waited too long for them to play the Bridgestone Arena. They finally decided to and I actually have pretty decent non-fan club seats. So, like warehouse said - if they feel it's ok to play - i'll feel better than ok to be there.

Sun March 29, 2020 8:23 pm

Have they not cancelled the European tour?

Sun March 29, 2020 8:38 pm

this is uncharted (and unchartered) territory and there will be no big arena rock shows this year.

Sun March 29, 2020 8:41 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Have they not cancelled the European tour?

I don't think they've announced anything yet.

Sun March 29, 2020 8:48 pm

Birds in Hell wrote:

not announced but there's no way they're doing it.

Sun March 29, 2020 8:52 pm

evenslow wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

not announced but there's no way they're doing it.

Oh yeah, no doubt at all.

Mon March 30, 2020 6:34 am

They said in the chat they’re ready to go, but I doubt it happens.

Mon March 30, 2020 8:25 am

On that Simmons podcast Ed says they’re in a holding pattern about the euro tour.

No way is it going ahead. Even at that stage it would be wreckless to proceed with it
Big festivals around Europe the same time and later are cancelled. Glastonbury the biggest example.

Mon March 30, 2020 1:28 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:

On that Simmons podcast Ed says they’re in a holding pattern about the euro tour.

No way is it going ahead. Even at that stage it would be wreckless to proceed with it
Big festivals around Europe the same time and later are cancelled. Glastonbury the biggest example.

Our experts virology have already more or less confirmed there will be no major festivals (or other big public gatherings) this summer in Belgium. So that's a no to Werchter. I'm pretty sure the rest of Europe will follow and this tour will be cancelled.

Mon March 30, 2020 3:23 pm

at this point i would say it would be a miracle if Ohana would be their first show.
Post a reply