The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Tour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2018-03-13: Santiago, Chile
PostPosted: Wed March 14, 2018 1:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 6708
aquí:

https://www.facebook.com/vilermoandres/ ... =3&theater

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-03-13: Santiago, Chile
PostPosted: Wed March 14, 2018 1:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 6708
mega, mega spoiler alert. rest of the setlist was already posted online:

Spoiler: show
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2018/movistar-arena-santiago-chile-53efebc9.html

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-03-13: Santiago, Chile
PostPosted: Wed March 14, 2018 1:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 13082
Location: Cumberland, RI
littlecomment wrote:
BTW, the Corduroy breakdown was still there as recently done, but no call and response. All instrumental.


Slight improvement.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
A+


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-03-13: Santiago, Chile
PostPosted: Wed March 14, 2018 1:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 13082
Location: Cumberland, RI
1.RELEASE
2.OF THE GIRL
3.LOW LIGHT
4.ANIMAL
5.MYM
6.HAIL HAIL
7.IMPROV/LBC
8.CORDUROY
9.DISSIDENT
10.EVEN FLOW
11.PRESENT TENSE
12.GIVEN TO FLY
13. GARDEN

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
A+


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-03-13: Santiago, Chile
PostPosted: Wed March 14, 2018 1:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 6708
ahhhh Garden with the vintage opening ... and added mystique layering from Boom

i like

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-03-13: Santiago, Chile
PostPosted: Wed March 14, 2018 1:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 7891
Location: here
Simple Torture wrote:
1.RELEASE
2.OF THE GIRL
3.LOW LIGHT
4.ANIMAL
5.MYM
6.HAIL HAIL
7.IMPROV/LBC
8.CORDUROY
9.DISSIDENT
10.EVEN FLOW
11.PRESENT TENSE
12.GIVEN TO FLY
13. GARDEN

:heartbeat:

_________________
bodysnatcher wrote:
i just figured it was how people typed in GD
Higgs wrote:
Pearl Jam are a nacho.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-03-13: Santiago, Chile
PostPosted: Wed March 14, 2018 1:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 7891
Location: here
knee tunes wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
1.RELEASE
2.OF THE GIRL
3.LOW LIGHT
4.ANIMAL
5.MYM
6.HAIL HAIL
7.IMPROV/LBC
8.CORDUROY
9.DISSIDENT
10.EVEN FLOW
11.PRESENT TENSE
12.GIVEN TO FLY
13. GARDEN

:heartbeat:


I can't imagine. I wonder if Kurt Leon is there

_________________
bodysnatcher wrote:
i just figured it was how people typed in GD
Higgs wrote:
Pearl Jam are a nacho.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-03-13: Santiago, Chile
PostPosted: Wed March 14, 2018 2:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 6708
Can't Deny Me's debut sounds aw-pho

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-03-13: Santiago, Chile
PostPosted: Wed March 14, 2018 2:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Sun April 07, 2013 1:57 am
Posts: 111
Simple Torture wrote:
littlecomment wrote:
BTW, the Corduroy breakdown was still there as recently done, but no call and response. All instrumental.


Slight improvement.

It was also jammed out a bit longer with some guitar flourishes/solos. Edit: the breakdown, that is.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-03-13: Santiago, Chile
PostPosted: Wed March 14, 2018 2:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 7891
Location: here
When of the girl started was that cool?

_________________
bodysnatcher wrote:
i just figured it was how people typed in GD
Higgs wrote:
Pearl Jam are a nacho.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-03-13: Santiago, Chile
PostPosted: Wed March 14, 2018 2:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 7891
Location: here
96583UP wrote:
mega, mega spoiler alert. rest of the setlist was already posted online:

Spoiler: show
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2018/movistar-arena-santiago-chile-53efebc9.html



I didn't look. Thank you for the kind o-mega tho

_________________
bodysnatcher wrote:
i just figured it was how people typed in GD
Higgs wrote:
Pearl Jam are a nacho.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-03-13: Santiago, Chile
PostPosted: Wed March 14, 2018 2:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 7891
Location: here
Simple Torture wrote:
1.RELEASE
2.OF THE GIRL
3.LOW LIGHT
4.ANIMAL
5.MYM
6.HAIL HAIL
7.IMPROV/LBC
8.CORDUROY
9.DISSIDENT
10.EVEN FLOW
11.PRESENT TENSE
12.GIVEN TO FLY
13. GARDEN


You are there st?

_________________
bodysnatcher wrote:
i just figured it was how people typed in GD
Higgs wrote:
Pearl Jam are a nacho.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-03-13: Santiago, Chile
PostPosted: Wed March 14, 2018 2:47 am 
Online
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 47887
knee tunes wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
1.RELEASE
2.OF THE GIRL
3.LOW LIGHT
4.ANIMAL
5.MYM
6.HAIL HAIL
7.IMPROV/LBC
8.CORDUROY
9.DISSIDENT
10.EVEN FLOW
11.PRESENT TENSE
12.GIVEN TO FLY
13. GARDEN


You are there st?

top of this page, kt, streaming on fb

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-03-13: Santiago, Chile
PostPosted: Wed March 14, 2018 2:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 32788
Location: Mountains
Welp. can't deny me was awful and Ed clearly wants the entire arena screaming "You cant deny me!" exactly like Mind Your Manners.

Ed still has the same amp/guitar setup (remember when they used to change every tour with care?)

I think the Lightning Bolt stage setup is there as well.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-03-13: Santiago, Chile
PostPosted: Wed March 14, 2018 2:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 6708
Ed must have done 30 takes in the studio to grind out enough pieces of vocal track for 1 finished version of Can't Deny Me

Live, he absolutely struggled to get all the words out and hit the notes. sounded exhausted. maybe PJ will need to adjust for his energy level (and age) and do it only in the first few songs of the show or something.

I feel bad for the guy cause he really wants it to be a success. but the crowd was clearly not into it at all (nor were they into Lightning Bolt). They did seem to respond well to The Fixer - and this sounds like complete sacrilege from where I sit based on the endless and merciless insults I have heaved at The Fixer - but it sounded WAAAAAY better than CDM. The lyrics to The Fixer suck ass but at least 50-year old Ed can get them out in a way where he doesn't sound like he is dying. And the music to The Fixer has always been solid, Matt C just drew the short straw with Ed being the lyricist destined to write words over top of it.

I wonder if PJ LLC is gonna reconsider whether CDM is really held out there that long as the single for this album; I could forsee them releasing a stronger song / second single soon after to wash away the stench of this track and it's utterly miserable performability and audience reception

Garden sounded great though

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-03-13: Santiago, Chile
PostPosted: Wed March 14, 2018 3:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 32788
Location: Mountains
96583UP wrote:
Ed must have done 30 takes in the studio to grind out enough pieces of vocal track for 1 finished version of Can't Deny Me

Live, he absolutely struggled to get all the words out and hit the notes. sounded exhausted. maybe PJ will need to adjust for his energy level (and age) and do it only in the first few songs of the show or something.

I feel bad for the guy cause he really wants it to be a success. but the crowd was clearly not into it at all (nor were they into Lightning Bolt). They did seem to respond well to The Fixer - and this sounds like complete sacrilege from where I sit based on the endless and merciless insults I have heaved at The Fixer - but it sounded WAAAAAY better than CDM. The lyrics to The Fixer suck ass but at least 50-year old Ed can get them out in a way where he doesn't sound like he is dying. And the music to The Fixer has always been solid, Matt C just drew the short straw with Ed being the lyricist destined to write words over top of it.

I wonder if PJ LLC is gonna reconsider whether CDM is really held out there that long as the single for this album; I could forsee them releasing a stronger song / second single soon after to wash away the stench of this track and it's utterly miserable performability and audience reception

Garden sounded great though


Because im Strat, i can still enjoy the song. However, watching that Live was bad. Ed stands up on the monitor and screams ...."you cant deny me!" .....before kicking back into the second verse. Its exactly like Mind Your manners. His arm raised in the air and just desperately wanting the entire audience to scream it along with him.

God, we've been there, we've done that, countless of times. It used to be fantastic but its overplayed. It is lame now.

Stop writing songs for arena clap alongs. Fuck.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-03-13: Santiago, Chile
PostPosted: Wed March 14, 2018 3:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 32788
Location: Mountains
Also, get a new fucking guitar and amp set up. You've had the fender tweed's for 14 fucking years now.

Change shit up for crying out loud.

God, why did i come back to RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-03-13: Santiago, Chile
PostPosted: Wed March 14, 2018 3:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 6708
because I am not strat, but I enjoy your company - I want you to know that I agree with your observation (and I hope you are here to stay): this formula has been attempted before ... like at the beginning of this seemingly never-ending LB tour

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-03-13: Santiago, Chile
PostPosted: Wed March 14, 2018 3:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 7891
Location: here
Strat wrote:
Also, get a new fucking guitar and amp set up. You've had the fender tweed's for 14 fucking years now.

Change shit up for crying out loud.

God, why did i come back to RM.

Are you at the show strat.?

_________________
bodysnatcher wrote:
i just figured it was how people typed in GD
Higgs wrote:
Pearl Jam are a nacho.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-03-13: Santiago, Chile
PostPosted: Wed March 14, 2018 3:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 7891
Location: here
96583UP wrote:
because I am not strat, but I enjoy your company - I want you to know that I agree with your observation (and I hope you are here to stay): this formula has been attempted before ... like at the beginning of this seemingly never-ending LB tour

Are you at the show 9865Sup?

_________________
bodysnatcher wrote:
i just figured it was how people typed in GD
Higgs wrote:
Pearl Jam are a nacho.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Tour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun April 22, 2018 11:48 pm