The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 818 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2018-09-02: Boston, Massachusetts
PostPosted: Sun September 09, 2018 12:19 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Thirded

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sun September 09, 2018 1:16 am 
Mind Your Tanners

96583UP wrote:
Thirded

Fourthed (x a million)

PostPosted: Sun September 09, 2018 3:15 am 
Future Drummer

wease wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
I'm with you, MJD -- as someone who won't spend a dime on merch or overpriced refreshments and who has zero interest in associating with the other PJ-swag-clad dopes in the venue, I find the delayed start times a nuisance. Just because your dumbass rock-n-roll ancestors didn't stick to a schedule doesn't mean that there's some noble tradition to be carried on by sitting on your ass getting drunk in a dressing room while 10,000+ people sit around waiting for you to give them what they paid for. Break the cycle, buy a watch, and quit wasting my fucking time -- I've got a long drive home.

Agree totally. Rock and Roll may be a lot of fun, but it’s still their fucking job. Be professional. I’ve seen 4 shows since seein Pearl Jam back in 2016 and every one of them started on time. They’re becoming Axl Rose prima donnas. Back in ‘91, we waited and hour and a half after Skid Row finished their set for G’n’R to take the stage. Their set suffered for it too. SR blew them away. PJ is becoming everything in rock they were actively against when they started.

Even Axl Rose is over this. When i saw GNR a couple years ago they came out the exact time the ticket said to the minute.

PostPosted: Sun September 09, 2018 3:16 am 
Production Police

My little sister was born eight days late in 1986, and i'm still not fucking over it.

PostPosted: Sun September 09, 2018 8:34 am 
10Club Complaint Department

I think some of the above criticism is a little overdone. They weren't strictly "late", in that it seems they came on around the same time they always do. The confusion was caused by the venue announcement, which caused some very legitimate frustration for the fans when the band played a lot later than anticipated.

I do think the band arguably could've handled things differently once the venue had made that announcement, either by clarifying the correct start time themselves, or playing "early".

It is weird that they don't seem to use support bands very often anymore.

PostPosted: Sun September 09, 2018 12:07 pm 
Major Dude

mikejasond wrote:
wease wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
I'm with you, MJD -- as someone who won't spend a dime on merch or overpriced refreshments and who has zero interest in associating with the other PJ-swag-clad dopes in the venue, I find the delayed start times a nuisance. Just because your dumbass rock-n-roll ancestors didn't stick to a schedule doesn't mean that there's some noble tradition to be carried on by sitting on your ass getting drunk in a dressing room while 10,000+ people sit around waiting for you to give them what they paid for. Break the cycle, buy a watch, and quit wasting my fucking time -- I've got a long drive home.

Agree totally. Rock and Roll may be a lot of fun, but it’s still their fucking job. Be professional. I’ve seen 4 shows since seein Pearl Jam back in 2016 and every one of them started on time. They’re becoming Axl Rose prima donnas. Back in ‘91, we waited and hour and a half after Skid Row finished their set for G’n’R to take the stage. Their set suffered for it too. SR blew them away. PJ is becoming everything in rock they were actively against when they started.

Even Axl Rose is over this. When i saw GNR a couple years ago they came out the exact time the ticket said to the minute.

Jesus jumped up Christ, Pearl Jam. If fucking Guns ‘n’ Roses can hit the stage on time, what’s your goddamn problem?

PostPosted: Sun September 09, 2018 12:11 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Truth of that is axl was the only sober person in that band. The rest were fucking junkies behaving badly. Yet he gets the bad rap for it.

PostPosted: Sun September 09, 2018 5:48 pm 
AnalLog

dimejinky99 wrote:
Truth of that is axl was the only sober person in that band. The rest were fucking junkies behaving badly. Yet he gets the bad rap for it.

that might be his excuse for 87-93, but what's his excuse after that?

PostPosted: Sun September 09, 2018 7:01 pm 
Future Drummer

dimejinky99 wrote:

If slash's book can be believed this isn't true. There was one show where Axl just straight up refused to come out of his dressing room and refused to give a reason, and the fans like rioted.

But anyways, they seem to have gotten over this now.

PostPosted: Sun September 09, 2018 10:18 pm 
The Master

Lol. 2 shows with the band putting forth some confusion on start time and being a little late and pj fans are now losing their minds comparing them to GnR in their hayday. amazing. Even the fact that some RM posters have lost their grasp on reality over this cements the fact that pj fans are the worst in the world.

PostPosted: Sun September 09, 2018 11:21 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Strat wrote:
Lol. 2 shows with the band putting forth some confusion on start time and being a little late and pj fans are now losing their minds comparing them to GnR in their hayday. amazing. Even the fact that some RM posters have lost their grasp on reality over this cements the fact that pj fans are the worst in the world.

I was thinking about this earlier today. The standards for PJ are insanely high. And maybe they should be. But if people would look around at, oh, basically ANY OTHER ACT, they'd apparently be absolutely appalled at the standards and practices of Bruce Springsteen, The Eagles, Paul McCartney, etc.

Paul McCartney might be my favorite human ever created but man go take a look at his website. It's fucking craven capitalism at it's finest/worst. Somehow though, Pearl Jam is the devil cuz the start time wasn't exactly right and they sell $5 koozies.

PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 1:56 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

maybe if the band didn't have so many flubs once they actually did play people wouldn't now be so u bitching

half of Ed's comments during the show are about how they suck at playing their own songs

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 11:46 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

I feel Pearl Jam set an 'epic show' status -- Your opinion may vary -- with the running time and amount of songs. I believe this must have added with frustration for people because you have the last two shows of the tour, a wish of rarities and at least three hours, and a giant curfew hanging over. I'm surprised some attendees enjoyed night one over night two because they sped through everything the first night faster than usual to play nearly everything before the curfew set.

On a side note, and it's okay to get sidetracked here unlike the Pit, I know what I'm possibly getting into regarding wait time when it comes to Guns N' Roses. A show in 2006 had us waiting until 23:45 local time. Fans did get restless before the show throwing drinks at the amps and other stage gear. Was it worth the wait to me? Sure. But I had no work responsibilities the next day as well.

PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 1:08 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

shakescky wrote:
I feel Pearl Jam set an 'epic show' status -- Your opinion may vary -- with the running time and amount of songs. I believe this must have added with frustration for people because you have the last two shows of the tour, a wish of rarities and at least three hours, and a giant curfew hanging over. I'm surprised some attendees enjoyed night one over night two because they sped through everything the first night faster than usual to play nearly everything before the curfew set.

Agreed, I will admit I felt that way and it was why I had the Boston shows as my top picks in the ticket lotto (that and Fenway II in 2016 was fucking epic). BUT, it's also what made the Dirty Frank prank such a sweet smack-down on fan entitlement.

PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 3:47 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

shakescky wrote:

On a side note, and it's okay to get sidetracked here unlike the Pit, I know what I'm possibly getting into regarding wait time when it comes to Guns N' Roses. A show in 2006 had us waiting until 23:45 local time. Fans did get restless before the show throwing drinks at the amps and other stage gear. Was it worth the wait to me? Sure. But I had no work responsibilities the next day as well.

I thought the performances were pretty equal for the two nights, I just preferred the setlist from 1.

PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 5:08 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i support f*cking with fans but at the same time they totally egg the setlist worship on

they take requests from the pit and study the historical setlists for insights on what they should play now

Ed's dialogue practically reaches live-blogger status on stage sometimes

pictures of setlists posted to the website and 87 promotional posters per show and the vault and lost dogs and all this shit and then what do you expect

PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 7:28 pm 
Stone's Bitch

96583UP wrote:
maybe if the band didn't have so many flubs once they actually did play people wouldn't now be so u bitching

half of Ed's comments during the show are about how they suck at playing their own songs

this i agree with. from what i've heard of the europe shows and what i saw/heard at wrigley 2 and the odd setlists throughout, this was a pretty lackluster run of shows. they need to change their approach.

PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 7:41 pm 
The Master

evenslow wrote:
96583UP wrote:

this i agree with. from what i've heard of the europe shows and what i saw/heard at wrigley 2 and the odd setlists throughout, this was a pretty lackluster run of shows. they need to change their approach.

I had a great time at Wrigley I, but yeah, it wasn't epic. They need change up their sets and/or do an acoustic tour, etc. Something different.

PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 7:54 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Monkey_Driven wrote:
evenslow wrote:
96583UP wrote:

I had a great time at Wrigley I, but yeah, it wasn't epic. They need change up their sets and/or do an acoustic tour, etc. Something different.

Wrigley 1 seemed to be one of the steadiest on this tour. It was solid if unspectacular for me.

The first thing I would do if I were them would be to stop it already with the opening 3-4 songs all being slow. It was cool for one tour but I actively dislike it now. Also,

- no more RITFW
- no more rarities/new covers unless you're ready to play the absolute shit out of it.
- good new songs would be a welcome addition but... shrugs shoulders emoji.

one positive that I haven't seen many notice is the slowing down of some songs. that's been such a big complaint for so long.
-

PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 8:07 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I think having new songs is a must for the next tour. That alone will help change up the flow of a setlist, hopefully. And keep them interested in playing (again, hopefully). They've been doing, essentially, the same tour for 5 years now. They've exhausted the material and the formatting. New blood is crucial at this point unless they just want to oversaturate and become stale.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 818 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 41  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live