The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2018-07-17: London, England
PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 3:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 09, 2013 4:38 am
Posts: 2175
Lots of videos on youtube already. They sound good.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-07-17: London, England
PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 3:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 09, 2013 4:38 am
Posts: 2175
mikejasond wrote:
Ewwwww Nothing as it Seems second?


I love this. Sets a killer mood for the rest of the show.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-07-17: London, England
PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 3:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2656
Oceans is a bad opener because Eddie can't sing it anymore, Nothing as it Seems is a decent song but a horrible choice to play second that would kill the show before it even starts. Go->In Hiding is a great run but then I Am Mine and Green Disease are probably two of my bottom 10 Pearl Jam songs played in a row. Then seriously, You Are, Satan's bed, Cant' deny me, mankind, whipping, lukin all in a row? Ouch....Good first encore though.

Still dunno what you guys are raving about from reading this setlist


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-07-17: London, England
PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 3:11 am 
Online
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 16044
Location: Mizzou
mikejasond wrote:
Oceans is a bad opener because Eddie can't sing it anymore, Nothing as it Seems is a decent song but a horrible choice to play second that would kill the show before it even starts. Go->In Hiding is a great run but then I Am Mine and Green Disease are probably two of my bottom 10 Pearl Jam songs played in a row. Then seriously, You Are, Satan's bed, Cant' deny me, mankind, whipping, lukin all in a row? Ouch....Good first encore though.

Still dunno what you guys are raving about from reading this setlist


They played good songs.

_________________
Please vote in the Video Game Tournament!
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewforum.php?f=45


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-07-17: London, England
PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 3:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52376
mikejasond wrote:
Oceans is a bad opener because Eddie can't sing it anymore, Nothing as it Seems is a decent song but a horrible choice to play second that would kill the show before it even starts. Go->In Hiding is a great run but then I Am Mine and Green Disease are probably two of my bottom 10 Pearl Jam songs played in a row. Then seriously, You Are, Satan's bed, Cant' deny me, mankind, whipping, lukin all in a row? Ouch....Good first encore though.

Still dunno what you guys are raving about from reading this setlist

Well, for starters you are wrong about NaiS, You Are, Satan's Bed, Whipping, and Lukin

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-07-17: London, England
PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 3:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 52026
Location: Sector 7-G
He's right about playing NAIS second though. Should have gone right into Go and saved NAIS for 6 or 7 songs in.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-07-17: London, England
PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 3:24 am 
Online
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 16044
Location: Mizzou
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
mikejasond wrote:
Oceans is a bad opener because Eddie can't sing it anymore, Nothing as it Seems is a decent song but a horrible choice to play second that would kill the show before it even starts. Go->In Hiding is a great run but then I Am Mine and Green Disease are probably two of my bottom 10 Pearl Jam songs played in a row. Then seriously, You Are, Satan's bed, Cant' deny me, mankind, whipping, lukin all in a row? Ouch....Good first encore though.

Still dunno what you guys are raving about from reading this setlist

Well, for starters you are wrong about NaiS, You Are, Satan's Bed, Whipping, and Lukin


And I Am Mine and Green Disease.

_________________
Please vote in the Video Game Tournament!
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewforum.php?f=45


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-07-17: London, England
PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 3:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 14426
Location: Cumberland, RI
cutuphalfdead wrote:
He's right


Careful.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-07-17: London, England
PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 6:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 5711
Simple Torture wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
He's right


Careful.

:cop:

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-07-17: London, England
PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 9:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 15235
If I’m in a show where they open with oceans and then play nais as a second show my mind would explode..all this “killer mood” talk is just nonsense.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-07-17: London, England
PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 10:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
Banned from the Pit
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Fri August 30, 2013 1:22 pm
Posts: 30
It was a great gig. Anyone who was there can attest to that. Opening with Oceans was a dream, the band as a whole were on form, and the band coming back abruptly to play All Along The Watchtower was both funny and pretty special (the house lights had been on for some of Baba O' Riley, and a lot of people had began to leave at that point thinking after Yellow Ledbetter that that was the end of the night).

_________________
the elements they speak to me


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-07-17: London, England
PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 10:56 am 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 4617
cutuphalfdead wrote:
He's right about playing NAIS second though. Should have gone right into Go and saved NAIS for 6 or 7 songs in.


Chuds right. Oceans -> Go is a dream opener. NAIS would have been perfect to transition from butt rocking back to rawkin

But these are silly quibbles, this one sounded like it was pretty great.

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-07-17: London, England
PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 1:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36536
Location: Mountains
Sounds like the crowd was fucking awful. Do people still really push and become aggressive to get closer to pearl jam?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-07-17: London, England
PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 2:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 10:16 pm
Posts: 4630
Strat wrote:
Sounds like the crowd was fucking awful. Do people still really push and become aggressive to get closer to pearl jam?

Bugger GA tickets, who'd wanna do that to themselves? That said, there was one instance where Ed had to do the "take 3 steps back" thing, and another where he was agitated about a group in the front and pointed them out during a song, then asked security to keep an eye on them.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-07-17: London, England
PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 2:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 6565
Location: Oslo, Norway
VinylGuy wrote:
If I’m in a show where they open with oceans and then play nais as a second show my mind would explode..all this “killer mood” talk is just nonsense.


:thumbsup:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-07-17: London, England
PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 2:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36536
Location: Mountains
ABNorman wrote:
Strat wrote:
Sounds like the crowd was fucking awful. Do people still really push and become aggressive to get closer to pearl jam?

Bugger GA tickets, who'd wanna do that to themselves? That said, there was one instance where Ed had to do the "take 3 steps back" thing, and another where he was agitated about a group in the front and pointed them out during a song, then asked security to keep an eye on them.

Ive done GA every show since they started this new ticket system. Ive had nothing but great experiences. Of course, i dont try to get up front and i generally end up about 20 yards back from the stage. I have tons of room and am around reasonable people. its lovely.

Maybe its different in the first couple rows.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-07-17: London, England
PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 2:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 10:16 pm
Posts: 4630
Strat wrote:
ABNorman wrote:
Strat wrote:
Sounds like the crowd was fucking awful. Do people still really push and become aggressive to get closer to pearl jam?

Bugger GA tickets, who'd wanna do that to themselves? That said, there was one instance where Ed had to do the "take 3 steps back" thing, and another where he was agitated about a group in the front and pointed them out during a song, then asked security to keep an eye on them.

Ive done GA every show since they started this new ticket system. Ive had nothing but great experiences. Of course, i dont try to get up front and i generally end up about 20 yards back from the stage. I have tons of room and am around reasonable people. its lovely.

Maybe its different in the first couple rows.

This looked like it extended back about 10 rows or so


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-07-17: London, England
PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 2:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36536
Location: Mountains
ABNorman wrote:
Strat wrote:
ABNorman wrote:
Strat wrote:
Sounds like the crowd was fucking awful. Do people still really push and become aggressive to get closer to pearl jam?

Bugger GA tickets, who'd wanna do that to themselves? That said, there was one instance where Ed had to do the "take 3 steps back" thing, and another where he was agitated about a group in the front and pointed them out during a song, then asked security to keep an eye on them.

Ive done GA every show since they started this new ticket system. Ive had nothing but great experiences. Of course, i dont try to get up front and i generally end up about 20 yards back from the stage. I have tons of room and am around reasonable people. its lovely.

Maybe its different in the first couple rows.

This looked like it extended back about 10 rows or so

My GF hates the English. I see why.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-07-17: London, England
PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 2:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 10:16 pm
Posts: 4630
Strat wrote:
ABNorman wrote:
Strat wrote:
ABNorman wrote:
Strat wrote:
Sounds like the crowd was fucking awful. Do people still really push and become aggressive to get closer to pearl jam?

Bugger GA tickets, who'd wanna do that to themselves? That said, there was one instance where Ed had to do the "take 3 steps back" thing, and another where he was agitated about a group in the front and pointed them out during a song, then asked security to keep an eye on them.

Ive done GA every show since they started this new ticket system. Ive had nothing but great experiences. Of course, i dont try to get up front and i generally end up about 20 yards back from the stage. I have tons of room and am around reasonable people. its lovely.

Maybe its different in the first couple rows.

This looked like it extended back about 10 rows or so

My GF hates the English. I see why.

The first time I saw Pearl Jam was in a 2-3000 person venue in London in '09, and I went excitably up to about the 3rd row. Then they began to play and my feet literally couldn't touch the floor because people were pressing against my upper body and moving me with the crowd. I lasted one song, then I went to the back of the room and chilled near the bar with a beer and it was great.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018-07-17: London, England
PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 2:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36536
Location: Mountains
ABNorman wrote:
Strat wrote:
ABNorman wrote:
Strat wrote:
ABNorman wrote:
Strat wrote:
Sounds like the crowd was fucking awful. Do people still really push and become aggressive to get closer to pearl jam?

Bugger GA tickets, who'd wanna do that to themselves? That said, there was one instance where Ed had to do the "take 3 steps back" thing, and another where he was agitated about a group in the front and pointed them out during a song, then asked security to keep an eye on them.

Ive done GA every show since they started this new ticket system. Ive had nothing but great experiences. Of course, i dont try to get up front and i generally end up about 20 yards back from the stage. I have tons of room and am around reasonable people. its lovely.

Maybe its different in the first couple rows.

This looked like it extended back about 10 rows or so

My GF hates the English. I see why.

The first time I saw Pearl Jam was in a 2-3000 person venue in London in '09, and I went excitably up to about the 3rd row. Then they began to play and my feet literally couldn't touch the floor because people were pressing against my upper body and moving me with the crowd. I lasted one song, then I went to the back of the room and chilled near the bar with a beer and it was great.


Front row GA in 1998 - Rapid City, SD - Some bro kept punching me in the back and elbowing me in the head. I turned around and said wtf and he replied "I have one goal and thats to get to the front"

He continued like that for 2 songs. I had security pull me out (that almost busted my knee as it was trapped between the barrier and crowd) and moved back a bit on the side and had the time of my life.

I hate people.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu December 13, 2018 4:14 am