The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2018-07-17: London, England
PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 2:40 pm 
The Master

Sounds great to me.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 3:17 pm 
mXn

Strat wrote:
ABNorman wrote:
Strat wrote:
ABNorman wrote:
Strat wrote:
ABNorman wrote:
Strat wrote:
Sounds like the crowd was fucking awful. Do people still really push and become aggressive to get closer to pearl jam?

Bugger GA tickets, who'd wanna do that to themselves? That said, there was one instance where Ed had to do the "take 3 steps back" thing, and another where he was agitated about a group in the front and pointed them out during a song, then asked security to keep an eye on them.

Ive done GA every show since they started this new ticket system. Ive had nothing but great experiences. Of course, i dont try to get up front and i generally end up about 20 yards back from the stage. I have tons of room and am around reasonable people. its lovely.

Maybe its different in the first couple rows.

This looked like it extended back about 10 rows or so

My GF hates the English. I see why.

The first time I saw Pearl Jam was in a 2-3000 person venue in London in '09, and I went excitably up to about the 3rd row. Then they began to play and my feet literally couldn't touch the floor because people were pressing against my upper body and moving me with the crowd. I lasted one song, then I went to the back of the room and chilled near the bar with a beer and it was great.

Front row GA in 1998 - Rapid City, SD - Some bro kept punching me in the back and elbowing me in the head. I turned around and said wtf and he replied "I have one goal and thats to get to the front"

He continued like that for 2 songs. I had security pull me out (that almost busted my knee as it was trapped between the barrier and crowd) and moved back a bit on the side and had the time of my life.

I hate people.

Crystal methamphetamine is a helluva drug.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 5:10 pm 
The Master

They need to play Fatal more. Great tune and they perform it well.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 7:12 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

I was in seats, block 112 nice and close to the stage. My friend and I had the time of our lives. We sang and danced all night, while almost everyone around us either stood completely still and silent (didn't even clap after songs!) or just sat on their phone. It was embarassing.

The band played brilliantly - the show itself was spectacular. The GA crowd looked apathetic halfway back up to the very back. The first half looked very rough. There were at least 3 mosh pit circles at any one time, and the surging forward looked frightening. Ed was concerned a few times throughout the show, motioning for people to just calm the fuck down and move back a little.

Hilarious to see everyone running back to the floor when the band rushed back on and started All Along The Watchtower. I lost my mind, it was fantastic.

Overall, the show was immense and the crowd generally sucked. I'll stick to going elsewhere in Europe for shows.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 7:24 pm 
Poster of the Year

mosh pits at a pearl jam show?

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 7:31 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

cutuphalfdead wrote:

It was a bunch of guys who were definitely in their 30s. It was embarassing. It boggles the mind that people can't just jump up and down and dance and sing and have fun without ruining everyone else's good time.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 7:37 pm 
The Master

BootsToAsses wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

It was a bunch of guys who were definitely in their 30s. It was embarassing. It boggles the mind that people can't just jump up and down and dance and sing and have fun without ruining everyone else's good time.

But it is RAWK music!

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 7:42 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

BootsToAsses wrote:
I was in seats, block 112 nice and close to the stage. My friend and I had the time of our lives. We sang and danced all night, while almost everyone around us either stood completely still and silent (didn't even clap after songs!) or just sat on their phone. It was embarassing.

The band played brilliantly - the show itself was spectacular. The GA crowd looked apathetic halfway back up to the very back. The first half looked very rough. There were at least 3 mosh pit circles at any one time, and the surging forward looked frightening. Ed was concerned a few times throughout the show, motioning for people to just calm the fuck down and move back a little.

Hilarious to see everyone running back to the floor when the band rushed back on and started All Along The Watchtower. I lost my mind, it was fantastic.

Overall, the show was immense and the crowd generally sucked. I'll stick to going elsewhere in Europe for shows.

This is my worry for Seattle in a few weeks...

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 8:09 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

cutuphalfdead wrote:

Always in South America. And it happened in Padova too.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 9:00 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bi_3 wrote:
BootsToAsses wrote:

This is my worry for Seattle in a few weeks...

it will definitely be huge. and probably full of people who just know Alive and Betterman*

*which is probably true for most PJ shows

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 9:45 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

They played a lot of RA songs this tour. Pretty cool.

Such an amazing setlist im dying to hear the boot.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 10:04 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

VinylGuy wrote:

See you in November when it's released.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 10:22 pm 
The Master

VinylGuy wrote:
They played a lot of RA songs this tour. Pretty cool.

Hope this continues next month.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 11:20 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Strat wrote:
Coach wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
I'm loving the love NAIS has been getting on this tour. Good to see Save You pop up too.

I feel the same way. Good to see Green Disease, too.

Only problem: I recently listened to an '18 show for the first time...maybe Rio on PJ Radio? Oh man, Ed sounds like shit in general, like even worse than usual. I'm curious to hear how London will pan out.

These euro shows he's sounded pretty good. At least from the few videos ive seen. He may have learned some lessons after throwing his voice out.

I shall now go to YouTube and explore

PostPosted: Thu July 19, 2018 12:08 am 
"Supersonic sucks."

Sounds a lot better than that other awful time they tried it on this tour, probably largely because this time they played it in the original key.

I really have no idea why they occasionally persist with trying songs in lower keys when it just seems to confuse everybody and sound terrible.

PostPosted: Thu July 19, 2018 2:23 am 
Rank This Poster

Stone's intro to Mankind. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu July 19, 2018 1:36 pm 
A Return To Form

mikejasond wrote:
Oceans is a bad opener because Eddie can't sing it anymore, Nothing as it Seems is a decent song but a horrible choice to play second that would kill the show before it even starts. Go->In Hiding is a great run but then I Am Mine and Green Disease are probably two of my bottom 10 Pearl Jam songs played in a row. Then seriously, You Are, Satan's bed, Cant' deny me, mankind, whipping, lukin all in a row? Ouch....Good first encore though.

Still dunno what you guys are raving about from reading this setlist

I only mostly lurk but I've seen enough of these type of posts from you.......this schtick is lame.

PostPosted: Thu July 19, 2018 1:51 pm 
The Master

Mr.x wrote:
mikejasond wrote:
Oceans is a bad opener because Eddie can't sing it anymore, Nothing as it Seems is a decent song but a horrible choice to play second that would kill the show before it even starts. Go->In Hiding is a great run but then I Am Mine and Green Disease are probably two of my bottom 10 Pearl Jam songs played in a row. Then seriously, You Are, Satan's bed, Cant' deny me, mankind, whipping, lukin all in a row? Ouch....Good first encore though.

I only mostly lurk but I've seen enough of these type of posts from you.......this schtick is lame.

:haha:

PostPosted: Thu July 19, 2018 2:15 pm 
A Return To Form

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Mr.x wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

Has anyone bothered to ask him to draft his perfect setlist? Would be interested.

PostPosted: Thu July 19, 2018 2:35 pm 
The Master

Mr.x wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Mr.x wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

Has anyone bothered to ask him to draft his perfect setlist? Would be interested.

Ten/Vs/Vitalogy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live