The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128 ... 130  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 2022 Gigaton Tour
PostPosted: Thu August 11, 2022 8:50 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

I haven’t checked the market but perhaps you would have luck on actual secondary markets like StubHub?

PostPosted: Thu August 11, 2022 9:44 pm 
Rank This Poster

Bi_3 wrote:
Coach wrote:
I went to buy tix at stubhub for the 9/11 show and I'll need a $1,000 for one tix....I've used the secondary market before. this is the most marked up I've ever seen it

Dynamic pricing is elevating the price floor. It's a choice bands make when then use TM:

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/bru ... 235321657/

i wonder if prices will drop day-of like they did before ticketmaster got rid of scalpers and inflated prices even more

PostPosted: Sun September 04, 2022 1:51 pm 
AnalLog

the great de-tuning of 2022 continued in ottawa.

eddie must just really be trying to protect his voice so he can make it through the tour

PostPosted: Sun September 04, 2022 2:47 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

dprival78 wrote:

eddie must just really be trying to protect his voice so he can make it through the tour

Let’s hope he can still pull two shows back to back. Not gonna be a good look if they make Apollo special and then are forced to do middling hits for MSG because throat

PostPosted: Sun September 04, 2022 3:43 pm 
AnalLog

Bi_3 wrote:
dprival78 wrote:

Let’s hope he can still pull two shows back to back. Not gonna be a good look if they make Apollo special and then are forced to do middling hits for MSG because throat

shit i didn't even think of that..

PostPosted: Sun September 04, 2022 6:36 pm 
Major Dude

Yeah. There’s no way they pull a 3-nighter with Nashville-Louisville-St Louis. It will be a monumental surprise if St Louis happens.

PostPosted: Mon September 05, 2022 1:03 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

'Dead Man' had Ed singing in a really low voice would be nice to see them break that one out

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Mon September 05, 2022 1:05 am 
Rank This Poster

wease wrote:
Yeah. There’s no way they pull a 3-nighter with Nashville-Louisville-St Louis. It will be a monumental surprise if St Louis happens.

Nah. They have time to plan. Louisville is just a festival. A bourbon festival. Crowd singalongs. He should watch a Motley Crue tape to see how to do that show.

PostPosted: Mon September 05, 2022 1:08 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Ed will just summon that sign-language person to cover a show or two on his behalf

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Mon September 05, 2022 1:11 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

wease wrote:

I was shocked when I saw a three-night, three-city run on the schedule. They haven't done this since 2006 as far as I can tell.

PostPosted: Mon September 05, 2022 1:12 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Simple Torture wrote:
wease wrote:

I was shocked when I saw a three-night, three-city run on the schedule. They haven't done this since 2006 as far as I can tell.

I did forget one was a festival, so they'll probably play fewer than 20 songs, but they're only averaging like 22 songs per night, so it's not that big of a difference.

PostPosted: Tue September 06, 2022 6:30 pm 
Future Drummer

Im excited on the one hand to see them at MSG, especially going with somebody who's never seen them before, but for the first time I feel worried because they really don't seem the same anymore, with all the downtuning making the songs sound awful, and eddie's voice sounding worse than it ever has. I really wonder what this tour would have looked like in 2020 and what toll covid took on Eddie's voice and if he's permanently going to be like this or if he's still recovering. Gigaton is also one of the albums where the live performances seem to detract rather than enhance the material, which is a shame because in their best years the live versions almost always were better than the album (Binaural and Self-Titled probably benefitting the most)

PostPosted: Tue September 06, 2022 8:47 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

mikejasond wrote:
Im excited on the one hand to see them at MSG, especially going with somebody who's never seen them before, but for the first time I feel worried because they really don't seem the same anymore, with all the downtuning making the songs sound awful, and eddie's voice sounding worse than it ever has. I really wonder what this tour would have looked like in 2020 and what toll covid took on Eddie's voice and if he's permanently going to be like this or if he's still recovering. Gigaton is also one of the albums where the live performances seem to detract rather than enhance the material, which is a shame because in their best years the live versions almost always were better than the album (Binaural and Self-Titled probably benefitting the most)

Oh shit.

PostPosted: Tue September 06, 2022 9:50 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

agree- the Gigaton songs don’t sound better live

in fact, a flaw of their last couple albums?

PostPosted: Tue September 06, 2022 9:54 pm 
The Master

Oo, another thread where mikejasond is critical of this tour.

PostPosted: Wed September 07, 2022 2:24 pm 
AnalLog

mikejasond wrote:

I'm not a huge fan of the down-tuning, but I went to the Ottawa show and it really didn't matter. Also, Eddie sounded great and the Gigaton songs sound great live in my opinion.

PostPosted: Wed September 07, 2022 2:38 pm 
The Master

guitar_davey wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

I'm not a huge fan of the down-tuning, but I went to the Ottawa show and it really didn't matter. Also, Eddie sounded great and the Gigaton songs sound great live in my opinion.

Yeah, but have you heard the Youtube videos?!?!

PostPosted: Wed September 07, 2022 4:19 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Why does everyone continue to blame Covid for his shoddy voice without also mentioning the number of cigarettes he’s smoked over the past 30 years? He did a very poor job of taking care of one of the band’s greatest assets.

PostPosted: Wed September 07, 2022 4:21 pm 
The Master

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Why does everyone continue to blame Covid for his shoddy voice without also mentioning the number of cigarettes he’s smoked over the past 30 years? He did a very poor job of taking care of one of the band’s greatest assets.

A few of us mentioned this but then Jorge was all "Don't yuck his yum" or some shit

PostPosted: Wed September 07, 2022 4:24 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

tragabigzanda wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

A few of us mentioned this but then Jorge was all "Don't yuck his yum" or some shit

story checks out

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128 ... 130  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live