The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123 ... 130  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 2022 Gigaton Tour
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 2:15 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

See you around, KT. :heartbeat:

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:56 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Bammer wrote:
Isn’t it something that the talk is all about cancelled shows and who might be able to fill in and blah blah blah but nothing really at all about the physical condition of Matt or Jeff because we all know they’re completely fine they just tested positive so send all 20,000 people home.

I'm unclear what you are saying here. The fans are being selfish, or the band is being vague?

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 4:59 pm 
mXn

mkay0 wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Isn’t it something that the talk is all about cancelled shows and who might be able to fill in and blah blah blah but nothing really at all about the physical condition of Matt or Jeff because we all know they’re completely fine they just tested positive so send all 20,000 people home.

I'm unclear what you are saying here. The fans are being selfish, or the band is being vague?

Covid+ Jeff Ament is doing just fine and could easily keep 6’ distance from everyone on stage.

It’s an afterthought that he might be actually physically suffering with his health. Because he’s not. He’s fine. No reason to skip the show and cancel it.

The conversation is no longer about how someone’s actual health is suffering because covid is now the sniffles, if that. So why all the hypercaution.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 6:46 pm 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
mkay0 wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Covid+ Jeff Ament is doing just fine and could easily keep 6’ distance from everyone on stage.

It’s an afterthought that he might be actually physically suffering with his health. Because he’s not. He’s fine. No reason to skip the show and cancel it.

The conversation is no longer about how someone’s actual health is suffering because covid is now the sniffles, if that. So why all the hypercaution.

how do you know how jeff felt?

I just got over covid. Days 3-4 were fucking awful.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 8:15 pm 
AnalLog

Strat wrote:
Bammer wrote:
mkay0 wrote:
Bammer wrote:

how do you know how jeff felt?

I just got over covid. Days 3-4 were fucking awful.

I'll second that. I had it about a month ago. Was I on my deathbed? Absolutely not. Was I sick enough that I was out of commission for a few days? Absolutely. To say nothing of the fact JA has a couple of decades on me.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 8:46 pm 
mXn

If he is actually ill we should hear that, then. No reason to hide the fact that he legitimately got sick. As it stands he tested positive and that is all.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 8:53 pm 
AnalLog

Bammer wrote:
If he is actually ill we should hear that, then. No reason to hide the fact that he legitimately got sick. As it stands he tested positive and that is all.

I didn't once get the impression that anything was being "hidden." It's not like PJ have a history of cancelling gigs, especially for no reason at all. Not sure why you'd question the legitimacy of his illness.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 8:57 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Are there mandatory isolation rules over there for people who are COVID positive? I'm guessing no?

In any event, even if Jeff feels 100% fine, it's surely still a matter of being responsible with respect to the crew, the other band members, the audience directly in front of him, etc.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 9:02 pm 
The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
Are there mandatory isolation rules over there for people who are COVID positive? I'm guessing no?

In any event, even if Jeff feels 100% fine, it's surely still a matter of being responsible with respect to the crew, the other band members, the audience directly in front of him, etc.

bammer dont give no shits

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 9:08 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Birds in Hell wrote:

Venues usually have policies too and there's insurance stuff at play from what I understand

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 9:14 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Very interesting video about the complications of touring during Covid times (for an indie band; multiply this many times for an act of Pearl Jam's size)

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 3:05 am 
mXn

Lol that video is 30 minutes long.

PJ sells ugly t-shirts in droves for $35 a pop. Jeff’s covid hospital bills will be covered sufficiently don’t worry.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:00 am 
The Master

Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

covid broke his brain

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:08 am 
mXn

spike wrote:
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

covid broke his brain

I contend I am among the least changed of us compared to 2 years ago.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:09 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

covid broke his brain

What they don't get is that you were already one of the dumbest people posting here, covid just made you like... 10% more obnoxious

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:16 am 
The Master

Jorge wrote:
Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

covid broke his brain

What they don't get is that you were already one of the dumbest people posting here, covid just made you like... 10% more obnoxious

i didn't pay much attention to him before he started whining about covid, so this is probably more accurate.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:22 am 
mXn

Jorge wrote:
Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

covid broke his brain

:nice:

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 12:32 pm 
Rank This Poster

i don't have the energy to argue with covid conspiracy idiots. now we need to know jeff aments exact physical health to justify cancelling shows, despite the fact the illness he is dealing with has killed over a million people in the last two years. it's like arguing the earth is flat. believe what you want, but stfu about it, you sound like a moron.

no offense bammer, you know drums, which is much more important than what shape you think the earth is.

PostPosted: Wed June 01, 2022 7:48 pm 
Future Drummer

How have the 2022 shows been? I'm a bit nervous. I was just thinking when I first saw them in 2013, how impressed I was how good the shows were (considering I didn't like the 2012 bootlegs at all) and how much better Eddie sounded from the year before. Now I realize that was almost ten years ago. He still sounding alright? Gigaton was really good which excites me, but live I wonder if they're still holding up or sounding a bit weak now.

PostPosted: Wed June 01, 2022 8:02 pm 
Future Drummer

Ooofff...years later and he's STILL doing the YEAH YEAH YEAH on Corduroy?????

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123 ... 130  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live