The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2018-07-17: London, England
PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 3:01 am 
Rank This Poster

Lots of videos on youtube already. They sound good.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 3:01 am 
Rank This Poster

mikejasond wrote:
Ewwwww Nothing as it Seems second?

I love this. Sets a killer mood for the rest of the show.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 3:03 am 
Future Drummer

Oceans is a bad opener because Eddie can't sing it anymore, Nothing as it Seems is a decent song but a horrible choice to play second that would kill the show before it even starts. Go->In Hiding is a great run but then I Am Mine and Green Disease are probably two of my bottom 10 Pearl Jam songs played in a row. Then seriously, You Are, Satan's bed, Cant' deny me, mankind, whipping, lukin all in a row? Ouch....Good first encore though.

Still dunno what you guys are raving about from reading this setlist

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 3:11 am 
The Master

mikejasond wrote:
Oceans is a bad opener because Eddie can't sing it anymore, Nothing as it Seems is a decent song but a horrible choice to play second that would kill the show before it even starts. Go->In Hiding is a great run but then I Am Mine and Green Disease are probably two of my bottom 10 Pearl Jam songs played in a row. Then seriously, You Are, Satan's bed, Cant' deny me, mankind, whipping, lukin all in a row? Ouch....Good first encore though.

They played good songs.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 3:20 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

mikejasond wrote:

Well, for starters you are wrong about NaiS, You Are, Satan's Bed, Whipping, and Lukin

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 3:22 am 
Poster of the Year

He's right about playing NAIS second though. Should have gone right into Go and saved NAIS for 6 or 7 songs in.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 3:24 am 
The Master

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

Well, for starters you are wrong about NaiS, You Are, Satan's Bed, Whipping, and Lukin

And I Am Mine and Green Disease.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 3:27 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

cutuphalfdead wrote:
He's right

Careful.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 6:00 am 
mXn

Simple Torture wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
He's right

Careful.

:cop:

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 9:27 am 
jeeeesus relax already

If I’m in a show where they open with oceans and then play nais as a second show my mind would explode..all this “killer mood” talk is just nonsense.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 10:47 am 
A Return To Form

It was a great gig. Anyone who was there can attest to that. Opening with Oceans was a dream, the band as a whole were on form, and the band coming back abruptly to play All Along The Watchtower was both funny and pretty special (the house lights had been on for some of Baba O' Riley, and a lot of people had began to leave at that point thinking after Yellow Ledbetter that that was the end of the night).

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 10:56 am 
Looks Like a Cat

cutuphalfdead wrote:
He's right about playing NAIS second though. Should have gone right into Go and saved NAIS for 6 or 7 songs in.

Chuds right. Oceans -> Go is a dream opener. NAIS would have been perfect to transition from butt rocking back to rawkin

But these are silly quibbles, this one sounded like it was pretty great.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 1:49 pm 
The Master

Sounds like the crowd was fucking awful. Do people still really push and become aggressive to get closer to pearl jam?

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 2:05 pm 
The Beef

Strat wrote:
Sounds like the crowd was fucking awful. Do people still really push and become aggressive to get closer to pearl jam?

Bugger GA tickets, who'd wanna do that to themselves? That said, there was one instance where Ed had to do the "take 3 steps back" thing, and another where he was agitated about a group in the front and pointed them out during a song, then asked security to keep an eye on them.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 2:06 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

VinylGuy wrote:
If I’m in a show where they open with oceans and then play nais as a second show my mind would explode..all this “killer mood” talk is just nonsense.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 2:10 pm 
The Master

ABNorman wrote:
Strat wrote:

Bugger GA tickets, who'd wanna do that to themselves? That said, there was one instance where Ed had to do the "take 3 steps back" thing, and another where he was agitated about a group in the front and pointed them out during a song, then asked security to keep an eye on them.

Ive done GA every show since they started this new ticket system. Ive had nothing but great experiences. Of course, i dont try to get up front and i generally end up about 20 yards back from the stage. I have tons of room and am around reasonable people. its lovely.

Maybe its different in the first couple rows.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 2:21 pm 
The Beef

Strat wrote:
ABNorman wrote:
Strat wrote:

Ive done GA every show since they started this new ticket system. Ive had nothing but great experiences. Of course, i dont try to get up front and i generally end up about 20 yards back from the stage. I have tons of room and am around reasonable people. its lovely.

This looked like it extended back about 10 rows or so

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 2:28 pm 
The Master

ABNorman wrote:
Strat wrote:
ABNorman wrote:
Strat wrote:

My GF hates the English. I see why.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 2:37 pm 
The Beef

Strat wrote:
ABNorman wrote:
Strat wrote:
ABNorman wrote:
Strat wrote:

The first time I saw Pearl Jam was in a 2-3000 person venue in London in '09, and I went excitably up to about the 3rd row. Then they began to play and my feet literally couldn't touch the floor because people were pressing against my upper body and moving me with the crowd. I lasted one song, then I went to the back of the room and chilled near the bar with a beer and it was great.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 2:39 pm 
The Master

ABNorman wrote:
Strat wrote:
ABNorman wrote:
Strat wrote:
ABNorman wrote:
Strat wrote:

The first time I saw Pearl Jam was in a 2-3000 person venue in London in '09, and I went excitably up to about the 3rd row. Then they began to play and my feet literally couldn't touch the floor because people were pressing against my upper body and moving me with the crowd. I lasted one song, then I went to the back of the room and chilled near the bar with a beer and it was great.

Front row GA in 1998 - Rapid City, SD - Some bro kept punching me in the back and elbowing me in the head. I turned around and said wtf and he replied "I have one goal and thats to get to the front"

He continued like that for 2 songs. I had security pull me out (that almost busted my knee as it was trapped between the barrier and crowd) and moved back a bit on the side and had the time of my life.

I hate people.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live