Switch to full style
Participate in trades, B&Ps, and torrents for live recordings here.
Post a reply

What to do with CD-Rs and Data DVDs...

Tue February 19, 2013 3:20 pm

I've got hundreds of CD-Rs and dozens of data DVDs with Pearl Jam boots on them (all sorts of years and quality, but I know I have the entire 2006 tour on CD-R). Do you think these are worth anything to anyone nowadays? Could I give them away for free, or would it be easiest to trash them?

Re: What to do with CD-Rs and Data DVDs...

Tue February 19, 2013 5:04 pm

Give em away, thats your best bet. Next option is trash honestly

Tue February 19, 2013 5:54 pm

Yep.

Tue February 19, 2013 6:13 pm

Curious about this myself. I spent so many years burning and trading. The data discs, should I even back them up on a hd first? I really need to clear out some room.

Tue February 19, 2013 6:14 pm

I have all my pearl jam bootlegs and stuff on an external hard drive.

Tue February 19, 2013 6:18 pm

Sigh. That's a ton of work Peter.

Tue February 19, 2013 6:19 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:I have all my pearl jam bootlegs and stuff on an external hard drive.

That's where mine are now, too. And since I never do CDs anymore, the CD-Rs are just collecting dust. I am also allergic to dust, so this is an added problem.

Tue February 19, 2013 6:20 pm

Charlie wrote:Sigh. That's a ton of work Peter.

I had someone do a HD&P for me.

Tue February 19, 2013 6:54 pm

Just post them up for free and whoever wants them pays shipping or something like that.

On the other hand, I have seen some interesting furniture made from old cds and dvds. Just sayin'.

Sat February 23, 2013 8:32 pm

I've got one of those giant tupper-ware storage bins that survive a fire at my old house and it's full of all the CD bootlegs that i burned or traded for over the years. Occaisionally I grab one for the car, but it's pretty rare. And too bad too because I was into printing covers for everything.

I also have every single Nirvana bootleg DVD in there somewhere with nice color-printer stickers on the discs.
Post a reply