Switch to full style
Participate in trades, B&Ps, and torrents for live recordings here.
Post a reply

Re: The Trading Forum is

Fri December 12, 2014 2:48 pm

Haha! What percentage of B&Ps where all participants send their discs? I probably only offered 5 to 10 B&Ps, but I never received all packages. Why sign up?

Fri December 12, 2014 2:50 pm

emanon wrote:1) Wait for package to arrive - sometimes a month or more.
2) Wonder what the discs are for, as there is no note enclosed.
3) Realize that instead of a return post-paid mailer, the signee opted to send you cash without asking first. Hope that it's US currency.
4) Wonder what you're going to do with fucking Euros.
5) Burn discs. Have 3 of the 10 fail verification. Replace their (Memorex) discs with your (T-Y) media.
6) Try to reuse their mailer, since they didn't sent you one. Fail.
7) Go to an office supply store to buy a mailer. Realize you have to buy a 10-pack.
8) Package the discs. Remember that you discarded his mailer and have no return address.
9) PM him for a return address. Get no response.
10) Receive an angry PM in two weeks, asking "Where are my discs?!?"
11) Reply asking for his address.
12) Address the mailer. Apply what you think is enough stamps. Place in mailbox. Raise flag, if applicable.
13) Package is picked up - yay!
14) Two days later, package is returned for insufficient postage (short 13 cents).
15) Apply another "Forever" stamp.
16) Re-mail.
17) Two more days pass...package is returned as it is over the weight allowable to mail without showing three forms of ID.
18) Drive package to post office. Exchange pleasantries with postal employee who resembles a walrus in some odd way.
19) Receive PM from dude once again, stating that discs won't play in his CD player.
20) Hang thyself.

This post is too good to be bottom paged.

Fri December 12, 2014 5:58 pm

Ah yes, it's all coming back to me. Except you forgot the part where they send memorex DVD-R instead of DL-DVD :lol:

Fri December 12, 2014 8:04 pm

And you forgot to point out that the discs were loose in the mailer - no sleeves.

Fri December 12, 2014 8:13 pm

Or wrapped in saran wrap!

Sat December 13, 2014 1:42 am

Toilet paper..... And I vaguely remember john speaking of soiled toilet paper once

Sat December 13, 2014 2:20 am

dpupenya wrote:Toilet paper..... And I vaguely remember john speaking of soiled toilet paper once

I sent back "soiled" toilet paper...to loUrna, I do believe.

Sat December 13, 2014 6:12 pm

It's all coming back to me.

Sat December 13, 2014 10:32 pm

dpupenya wrote:It's all coming back to me.

me too :(

Mon December 22, 2014 1:54 am

Bump! Last time I tried to offer something up (Philly II), six replies,only 3 packages received...loose crappy discs, plain paper envelopes, sigh

Tue December 23, 2014 5:07 pm

We got ourselves a B&P here.... Verbatims, list of shows, preaddressed and stamped envelope. Holy shit balls :thumbsup:

Wed December 24, 2014 12:45 am

Yeah, I told you he was old-school! :thumbsup:

Thu January 22, 2015 12:36 am

When did Sidewalkcrusaders die? I loved that site. That site exponentially expanded my love of PJ live. It introduced me to lossless music. It started me on my path to every PJ show ever. Thanks Brad! Thanks JohnnyO!

Thu January 22, 2015 5:00 pm

Sometime after 2006, cuz that's the last time I visited it I think

Thu January 22, 2015 5:29 pm

dpupenya wrote:Sometime after 2006, cuz that's the last time I visited it I think

It was more recent than that. My last upload was in 2007 or 2008.

Fri May 15, 2015 2:59 pm

I'm in Chicago and wanted to mail home the poster I got last night. The post office refused to accept my package since the return address was the same as the destination. I wound up speaking with a supervisor and they still refused. I do this on every fucking trip. I explained that I was visiting. 3 blocks away there was a FedEx office. They accepted it and laughed at USPS policies.

I've always supported the USPS, but fuck. A UPS Store opened 2 blocks from my house. I may be switching sides.

Fri May 15, 2015 5:21 pm

Things just aren't like they used to be. Emanon used to have his postal worker on the take.

Fri May 15, 2015 5:23 pm

It's all been downhill since Jerry retired a couple of years back. :(

Tom - should've just put my address for the return. Or better still, the destination! ;)

Fri May 15, 2015 5:51 pm

Has anyone ever had a package refused service? I was shocked.

Fri May 15, 2015 5:52 pm

Jerry has handled my package many times. He always finished the job quickly. Long live Jerry
Post a reply