Switch to full style
Participate in trades, B&Ps, and torrents for live recordings here.
Post a reply

Re: Waffles Invite

Wed August 06, 2014 12:48 pm

emanon wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:It's just music. No one is going to give you an invite unless they are reasonably sure you can maintain a good ratio.

Not necessarily true. When I've had invites, I've given 'em out to pretty much whoever.

But I'm a dumbass. :oops:

Does the inviter get punished if the invitee has a low ratio?

PS My ratio is still infinity over there. No worries.

Wed August 06, 2014 2:41 pm

emanon wrote:Actually, I do have invites. But invites aren't open.

Would you mind sending one my way when they are open again? I have been on here a long time, have a fast connection and will defeinitely keep a good ratio.

Wed August 06, 2014 4:01 pm

mi6 wrote:Lots of old stuff, old boots (Original bootlegs like No Fucking Messiah etc.). I am not even sure what they accept, never been on the site. I got DVDs too but I don't know if it's just music or not.

If you ever get on, remember that audience-sourced bootlegs are not acceptable, no exceptions. When it comes to Pearl Jam official releases, there's certainly gaps to be filled on Waffles, but What's collection is basically complete. Make sure to familiarize yourself with transcoding before you attempt to upload anything.

Wed August 06, 2014 4:09 pm

You're a good man, and thorough.

Wed August 06, 2014 4:16 pm

CopperTom wrote:Does the inviter get punished if the invitee has a low ratio?

PS My ratio is still infinity over there. No worries.

Not to my knowledge. I see a couple of people that I've invited that have crappy ratios, but I'm unaware of any impact it has on me.

mi6 wrote:
emanon wrote:Actually, I do have invites. But invites aren't open.

Would you mind sending one my way when they are open again? I have been on here a long time, have a fast connection and will defeinitely keep a good ratio.

Shoot me your email, and I'll do my best to remember if/when I notice the Invite indicator turns red.

Wed August 06, 2014 4:18 pm

I think technically they can punish you, but I don't see it happening. I have a couple of low ratio pricks that I've invited. But then again, I maintain my personal ratio close to 1.

Wed August 06, 2014 4:24 pm

I guess it depends on whether it looks like someone is selling invites or something, but I dunno how they would police that. There are plenty of deadbeats in my invite tree but I've never been contacted about them.

Thu August 07, 2014 3:47 pm

Anyone else get an email a few days ago saying Demonoid is back?

Thu August 07, 2014 4:22 pm

Didn't get an email, but it's been back for quite a while. I recovered my PW on 5/26, so at least a couple of months.

Thu August 07, 2014 4:23 pm

.ph?

Thu August 07, 2014 4:24 pm

It looked like it came back some time ago but the site was just a malware scam or some shit.

Thu August 07, 2014 4:25 pm

yah.

Gate_Keeper <gate_keeper@demonoid.ph>

May 26

to emanon

Hello,
Someone with the ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, hopefully you, requested the password for the account emanon666 changed.

Of course, I hardly ever use/used the site, so it could have gone off and come back up since then.

Thu August 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Yeah I really have no need for it anymore, but I'm sure my brother would love to start using my account again, since I'll never invite him to a legit site.

Thu August 07, 2014 5:30 pm

I was never a very active Demonoid user, but there have been a few threads about it on r/torrents, and people aren't sure if it's legit or just a scam to grab people's info. Proceed with caution.

Thu August 07, 2014 5:38 pm

Yeah I don't think I'm gonna touch it. No need at this point.

Mon August 11, 2014 6:25 pm

Will give a zj for a waffles invite

Tue August 12, 2014 4:25 pm

sildogg wrote:Will give a zj for a waffles invite

What's a ZJ?

Tue August 12, 2014 4:41 pm

Hadn't caught that - misread it as "bj"

Tue August 12, 2014 4:52 pm

lowlight79 wrote:
sildogg wrote:Will give a zj for a waffles invite

What's a ZJ?

If you don't know, you probably can't afford one.

Spoiler: show
It's from Beerfest.

Wed August 13, 2014 4:13 am

emanon wrote:Hadn't caught that - misread it as "bj"

As you walk away dejected, invite in hand :haha:
Post a reply