The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Trading




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: ATLANTA 3rd April 1994 HELP!
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 3:00 pm 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Mon May 09, 2022 9:50 pm
Posts: 10
Hi Guys

I wonder if anyone can help. Unfortunately my computer hardrive died a couple of weeks ago and I had lost quite a lot of important shows I had. Fortunately I have managed to get most back with help from friends and other websites. The one elusive show I cannot find is the Atlanta 1994 show that I had.

Now I already have the dissident 3 cd set which is obviously cut and another with the full set of songs BUT the one that was my favourite and cannot find anywhere has about 4 minutes of crowd noise before Brian Eno's An Ending (Ascent) and then the full show. It opened with an intro of garbled voices and then merged into the 4 mins of crowd noise. Does anyone have this show and willing to trade? I probably don’t have much you guys don’t have though tbh. If anyone can help I would truly appreciate it.

Many thanks


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: ATLANTA 3rd April 1994 HELP!
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 1:30 pm 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 11:11 pm
Posts: 580
I've got two sources handy....There's the official boot the band released in late 2020, and this:

Quote:
Pearl Jam
SV016 - "ATLANTA^3"
April 3, 1994
Fox Theater: Atlanta, GA

Show Source: Sony Australia promo cd > cdr > dEdit > dEQ > flac (cuts in promo cd patched with pre-FM (satellite) > dat1 > cdr1)
Aftershow Source: FM > analog (unknown gen) > flac > dEdit > flac (cuts in first analog source patched with second analog source FM > analog (unknown gen) > cdr > dEdit)

Digital Editing and Remastering (show): Bill Graham
Digital Editing (aftershow): Allen Robertson
Artwork: Allen Robertson and Soonforget

---------------------------
***DO NOT CONVERT TO MP3***
---------------------------

DISC ONE [79:34]
01 intro/An Ending (Ascent)
02 Release
03 Rearviewmirror
04 Whipping
05 Even Flow
06 Dissident
07 Why Go
08 Deep
09 Jeremy
10 "Abusing His Inner Child"
11 Glorified G
12 Daughter/(Another Brick in the Wall part II)
13 Go
14 Animal (&)
15 Garden
16 State of Love and Trust
17 Black
18 Alive

DISC TWO [71:50]
01 intro
02 Blood/(Not for You)
03 encore 1
04 W.M.A. (*)
05 "An Experiment"
06 Better Man
07 "Describe Ourselves"
08 Elderly Woman...
09 Rats/(Satan's Bed)
10 Satan's Bed (!)
11 "No Sponsors"
12 Once
13 encore 2
14 Ed's drum solo/improv
15 Sonic Reducer/(Detroit Rock City)
16 Porch/(Androgynous Mind)
17 encore 3
18 Indifference

DISC THREE: Eddie's DJ Aftershow Set [46:37]
01 "Are We On?"
02 Cigarettes (King's X)
03 "Switching Tapes"
04 I Only Play 4 Money (The Frogs)
05 "12:10 and Easter"
06 A Little Story (Daniel Johnson)
07 Joy Without Pleasure (Daniel Johnson)
08 Androgynous Mind (Sonic Youth)
09 Quest for the Cup (Sonic Youth)
10 "Buy the Record"
11 In the Blood (Mudhoney)
12 "12:23 and Lukin"
13 Disconnect (The Rollins Band)
14 "Selling Out"
15 Baby Drop (Shudder to Think)
16 "Rare Stuff"
17 Let Down, Left Out, Laughed At (Eleven)
18 Dock of the Bay (PJ w/ Steve Cropper @ Murfreesboro, TN 3/26/94)
19 "Sorry About the Mess"

---------------------------
***DO NOT CONVERT TO MP3***
---------------------------

(&) = Mike throws in a guitar snippet of the Rolling Stones' "Angie" right after the song.
(*) = Additional vocals by Doug Pinnick and octabons by Jerry Gaskill, both members of King's X.
(!) = First time played in full. The only version played before was a Not for You/Satan's Bed jam @ Louisville, KY on 3/24/94.

Recording Notes:
This is the best known source of this show, and has been lovingly put together after spending countless hours comparing a multitude of sources for the show. The DJ aftershow is not by any means a super recording, but it has been pieced together from two analog tapes to make it complete, and it has been included because it is interesting and has some great music. During some of Ed's talking you can hear another song playing in the background. This is most likely from "crosstalk" from a nearby radio station on the dial (it seems to only occur during Ed's talking for some reason).

Artwork Notes:
The artwork has been ideally designed by a three-cd "quad case", one of the fat cd cases. This has also been designed to also be really easy to drop the third disc and not use the "top tray", in order to put the show in a standard two-disc jewel case, if so desired. The booklet is made by printing both pages, front and back, and then stapling them together down the middle.

Show Notes (thanks to Five Horizons):
Jeff joins Kings' X, playing bass on the Hendrix cover, 'Manic Depression.' King's X vocalist Doug Pinnick and drummer Jerry Gaskill help out during 'WMA'. Some lyrics from 'Not for You' are thrown in at the end of 'Blood.' Prior to a super 'Sonic Reducer,' Ed starts playing drums and Dave announces, "Ladies and gentlemen, Dave Abbruzzese!" Jeff chimes in, "Otherwise known as 'Four Feet'." Dave then mocks the crowd's earlier chants of "Eddie, Eddie!" by mumbling "Ed" several times into the mic, before returning to the drum set. A bit of 'Satan's Bed' ("torture follows reward") is mixed into 'Rats.' Before 'Porch,' Ed says, "I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight," referring to a large banner handed to him, which reads, "Eddie vs. Atlanta." Meanwhile, the band is jamming to the Kiss song, 'Detroit Rock City.' During the long jam during the middle of this incredible version of 'Porch,' Ed throws his mic stand at a huge replica of the "boy on the cross" figurine (depicted in the Vs. book) hanging in the background. Ed dons a Cincinnati Bengals helmet and the gold bat wings and climbs the lighting rig above the stage. Staying there through most of the jam, he throws down a dummy wearing a similar outfit. The crowd screams, thinking that Ed has fallen, but he reappears, and starts singing again. Jeff kicks the dummy into the crowd where it is ripped to pieces. Ed returns to the stage using only his hands on the rope ladder with his feet dangling. A snippet of Sonic Youth's 'Androgynous Mind' is intermingled in 'Porch' (and the original played during Ed's DJ show later). The lights are turned up after 'Porch' and at least half of the crowd leaves, missing 'Indifference.' This show was broadcast on radio, as well as Ed's 45-minute DJ session from a van after the show. (The original Monkeywrench Radio?).

This is being distributed by blackredyellow.com, and is part of a series of the best Pearl Jam shows in existance.
If the artwork is not included, you can find it at blackredyellow.com.

Originally compiled by BLG on 12/03/03
More notes by spacedvest on 12/05/03


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: ATLANTA 3rd April 1994 HELP!
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 8:20 pm 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Mon May 09, 2022 9:50 pm
Posts: 10
emanon wrote:
I've got two sources handy....There's the official boot the band released in late 2020, and this:

Quote:
Pearl Jam
SV016 - "ATLANTA^3"
April 3, 1994
Fox Theater: Atlanta, GA

Show Source: Sony Australia promo cd > cdr > dEdit > dEQ > flac (cuts in promo cd patched with pre-FM (satellite) > dat1 > cdr1)
Aftershow Source: FM > analog (unknown gen) > flac > dEdit > flac (cuts in first analog source patched with second analog source FM > analog (unknown gen) > cdr > dEdit)

Digital Editing and Remastering (show): Bill Graham
Digital Editing (aftershow): Allen Robertson
Artwork: Allen Robertson and Soonforget

---------------------------
***DO NOT CONVERT TO MP3***
---------------------------

DISC ONE [79:34]
01 intro/An Ending (Ascent)
02 Release
03 Rearviewmirror
04 Whipping
05 Even Flow
06 Dissident
07 Why Go
08 Deep
09 Jeremy
10 "Abusing His Inner Child"
11 Glorified G
12 Daughter/(Another Brick in the Wall part II)
13 Go
14 Animal (&)
15 Garden
16 State of Love and Trust
17 Black
18 Alive

DISC TWO [71:50]
01 intro
02 Blood/(Not for You)
03 encore 1
04 W.M.A. (*)
05 "An Experiment"
06 Better Man
07 "Describe Ourselves"
08 Elderly Woman...
09 Rats/(Satan's Bed)
10 Satan's Bed (!)
11 "No Sponsors"
12 Once
13 encore 2
14 Ed's drum solo/improv
15 Sonic Reducer/(Detroit Rock City)
16 Porch/(Androgynous Mind)
17 encore 3
18 Indifference

DISC THREE: Eddie's DJ Aftershow Set [46:37]
01 "Are We On?"
02 Cigarettes (King's X)
03 "Switching Tapes"
04 I Only Play 4 Money (The Frogs)
05 "12:10 and Easter"
06 A Little Story (Daniel Johnson)
07 Joy Without Pleasure (Daniel Johnson)
08 Androgynous Mind (Sonic Youth)
09 Quest for the Cup (Sonic Youth)
10 "Buy the Record"
11 In the Blood (Mudhoney)
12 "12:23 and Lukin"
13 Disconnect (The Rollins Band)
14 "Selling Out"
15 Baby Drop (Shudder to Think)
16 "Rare Stuff"
17 Let Down, Left Out, Laughed At (Eleven)
18 Dock of the Bay (PJ w/ Steve Cropper @ Murfreesboro, TN 3/26/94)
19 "Sorry About the Mess"

---------------------------
***DO NOT CONVERT TO MP3***
---------------------------

(&) = Mike throws in a guitar snippet of the Rolling Stones' "Angie" right after the song.
(*) = Additional vocals by Doug Pinnick and octabons by Jerry Gaskill, both members of King's X.
(!) = First time played in full. The only version played before was a Not for You/Satan's Bed jam @ Louisville, KY on 3/24/94.

Recording Notes:
This is the best known source of this show, and has been lovingly put together after spending countless hours comparing a multitude of sources for the show. The DJ aftershow is not by any means a super recording, but it has been pieced together from two analog tapes to make it complete, and it has been included because it is interesting and has some great music. During some of Ed's talking you can hear another song playing in the background. This is most likely from "crosstalk" from a nearby radio station on the dial (it seems to only occur during Ed's talking for some reason).

Artwork Notes:
The artwork has been ideally designed by a three-cd "quad case", one of the fat cd cases. This has also been designed to also be really easy to drop the third disc and not use the "top tray", in order to put the show in a standard two-disc jewel case, if so desired. The booklet is made by printing both pages, front and back, and then stapling them together down the middle.

Show Notes (thanks to Five Horizons):
Jeff joins Kings' X, playing bass on the Hendrix cover, 'Manic Depression.' King's X vocalist Doug Pinnick and drummer Jerry Gaskill help out during 'WMA'. Some lyrics from 'Not for You' are thrown in at the end of 'Blood.' Prior to a super 'Sonic Reducer,' Ed starts playing drums and Dave announces, "Ladies and gentlemen, Dave Abbruzzese!" Jeff chimes in, "Otherwise known as 'Four Feet'." Dave then mocks the crowd's earlier chants of "Eddie, Eddie!" by mumbling "Ed" several times into the mic, before returning to the drum set. A bit of 'Satan's Bed' ("torture follows reward") is mixed into 'Rats.' Before 'Porch,' Ed says, "I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight," referring to a large banner handed to him, which reads, "Eddie vs. Atlanta." Meanwhile, the band is jamming to the Kiss song, 'Detroit Rock City.' During the long jam during the middle of this incredible version of 'Porch,' Ed throws his mic stand at a huge replica of the "boy on the cross" figurine (depicted in the Vs. book) hanging in the background. Ed dons a Cincinnati Bengals helmet and the gold bat wings and climbs the lighting rig above the stage. Staying there through most of the jam, he throws down a dummy wearing a similar outfit. The crowd screams, thinking that Ed has fallen, but he reappears, and starts singing again. Jeff kicks the dummy into the crowd where it is ripped to pieces. Ed returns to the stage using only his hands on the rope ladder with his feet dangling. A snippet of Sonic Youth's 'Androgynous Mind' is intermingled in 'Porch' (and the original played during Ed's DJ show later). The lights are turned up after 'Porch' and at least half of the crowd leaves, missing 'Indifference.' This show was broadcast on radio, as well as Ed's 45-minute DJ session from a van after the show. (The original Monkeywrench Radio?).

This is being distributed by blackredyellow.com, and is part of a series of the best Pearl Jam shows in existance.
If the artwork is not included, you can find it at blackredyellow.com.

Originally compiled by BLG on 12/03/03
More notes by spacedvest on 12/05/03





Hi

Thank you so much for the reply, this looks like it's the one. You list

Intro/An Ascent

What is the intro? The one I had was in one long track, it wasn’t split. It began with a kind of intro and then there was about 3 or 4 minutes of crowd noise, you could hear he music from the PA. Then I assume the lights w go down because the crowd goes crazy and then An Ascent starts and the band comes out. Does that sound like this one? I'd be interested anyhow. I am not sure how we trade etc. maybe send me a PM


Thank you again.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: ATLANTA 3rd April 1994 HELP!
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 11:09 pm 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 11:11 pm
Posts: 580
I've thrown that recording up here for you (or anyone else who cares and doesn't have it)...


https://mega.nz/folder/mYthEL7L#KqQMD39_yAoVg54dHyVjvw


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: ATLANTA 3rd April 1994 HELP!
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 11:14 pm 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Mon May 09, 2022 9:50 pm
Posts: 10
emanon wrote:
I've thrown that recording up here for you (or anyone else who cares and doesn't have it)...


https://mega.nz/folder/mYthEL7L#KqQMD39_yAoVg54dHyVjvw



Oh thanks so much. You're ace!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: ATLANTA 3rd April 1994 HELP!
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 10:24 am 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Mon May 09, 2022 9:50 pm
Posts: 10
emanon wrote:
I've thrown that recording up here for you (or anyone else who cares and doesn't have it)...


https://mega.nz/folder/mYthEL7L#KqQMD39_yAoVg54dHyVjvw



Hi

Ever time I try to download it as a zip file it goes so far then comes up with error retrying. I get to about 20% and it stops! Do you have t9 have an account with this MEGA.NZ?

Thanks


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: ATLANTA 3rd April 1994 HELP!
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 11:42 am 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Mon May 09, 2022 9:50 pm
Posts: 10
emanon wrote:
I've thrown that recording up here for you (or anyone else who cares and doesn't have it)...


https://mega.nz/folder/mYthEL7L#KqQMD39_yAoVg54dHyVjvw



Slowly but surely. Think I have figured it out. I am on disc 2 now. Hopefully will complete it during today. Please keep the link open. Thank you again.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: ATLANTA 3rd April 1994 HELP!
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 5:56 pm 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Mon May 09, 2022 9:50 pm
Posts: 10
emanon wrote:
I've thrown that recording up here for you (or anyone else who cares and doesn't have it)...


https://mega.nz/folder/mYthEL7L#KqQMD39_yAoVg54dHyVjvw

Hi

Ok now completed the download. Thanks so much again for letting me download, this is the exact version I was talking about but I never had the Radio Aftershow.

Such a shame they sacked Dave Abbruzzese. He was their best drummer. They sound pretty different without him. I guess a band is only as good as their drummer.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: ATLANTA 3rd April 1994 HELP!
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 2:09 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 9:37 am
Posts: 2809
Just did a comparison of 3 different PRE-FM "promo" versions to see exactly what the deal is with this show.

Version 1 = Aussie Promo CD
Perfect sound quality, levels and mastering
But incomplete - some crap has been edited out - thanks assholes!

Version 2 = KROQ Promo CD
Identical sound quality to Version 1
Lossy as fuck!
Low volume levels
No tracking at all
Missing the intro

Version 3 = "Pre-FM DAT"
Overly bright and thin sound quality
Less stereo width than Versions 1 & 2
Invereted polarity compared to Versions 1 & 2
Also lossy as fuck like Version 2
Even lower volume levels than Version 2
But 100% complete with the full intro!!!

The "ultimate" version of this show would have to be compiled using Version 1 for the bulk, Version 2 for the parts that were edited out and Version 3 for the full intro.

The levels on Version 2 & 3 would need to be boosted to match Version 1, and Version 3 would also need to be re-equalized and widened and the polarity reversed.

Maybe this should be a future project for ridleybradout and myself?

Or one could just buy the official vault boot and suffer with terrible mastering.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: ATLANTA 3rd April 1994 HELP!
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 5:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:33 pm
Posts: 2446
Location: Rand McNally
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Maybe this should be a future project for ridleybradout and myself?


Coming soon... ;)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: ATLANTA 3rd April 1994 HELP!
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 4:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 9:37 am
Posts: 2809
ridleybradout wrote:
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Maybe this should be a future project for ridleybradout and myself?


Coming soon... ;)


That's what she said.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: ATLANTA 3rd April 1994 HELP!
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 6:16 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:33 pm
Posts: 2446
Location: Rand McNally
Image

http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=17944


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: ATLANTA 3rd April 1994 HELP!
PostPosted: Sun June 12, 2022 12:22 pm 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Mon May 09, 2022 9:50 pm
Posts: 10
ridleybradout wrote:

Wow, awesome. Thanks for this


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: ATLANTA 3rd April 1994 HELP!
PostPosted: Tue February 20, 2024 7:20 pm 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 11, 2013 8:49 pm
Posts: 30
I've always wondered what Eddie was referring to when he said something at the end of W..M.A something along the lines of 'tomorrow morning look in your history books and work out why its an important day to remember'

Anyone know?

thanks.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: ATLANTA 3rd April 1994 HELP!
PostPosted: Tue February 20, 2024 9:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Fri December 14, 2012 6:45 pm
Posts: 546
MLK assassination?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: ATLANTA 3rd April 1994 HELP!
PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2024 3:13 pm 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 11, 2013 8:49 pm
Posts: 30
Bee Girl wrote:
MLK assassination?


Sounds likely, thanks.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Trading


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 8:56 pm