The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Trading

Post subject: DGR Series
PostPosted: Sat January 29, 2022 5:02 pm 
AnalLog

https://pearljamconcertchronology.com/dgr-series/

Quote:
The DGR Series finally has a permanent home at the Concert Chronology website (thanks to Richard J!), and fans of the series will be pleased to know that I've been working on shows for the past several months, so there's plenty of new stuff on the site.

https://pearljamconcertchronology.com/dgr-series/

Shows labeled "new" or "upgrade" have been added since my last post here in June. Most of the "upgrades" are EQ tweaks with less bass, but a few are completely new mixes (e.g. 2/6/95 and 9/29/96).

For those unfamiliar with this series, it's my attempt to create definitive versions of the best-sounding, unofficial live Pearl Jam recordings, with consistent volume and tonal balance (bass/treble/etc). There's a FAQ at the bottom of the webpage with more details.

There's still a ton more shows I'd like to add to the series, and I'm always looking for additional sources to work with. Here's a list of all the remaining shows, with the sources I have and need.

https://pearljamconcertchronology.com/d ... ources.txt

If you have any sources I'm missing, or think I left off a show that should be included, you can post here or email me at dgrseries@pearljamconcertchronology.com

Finally, I'd like to thank all the DAT traders who have so graciously shared their collections over the years, like Tapeworm, CPS, BLG, DATFly, JR, Leehro, and many others I'm sure I'm forgetting (sorry). Without them, none of this would be possible. Also, I'd like to thank Richard J for hosting the site and XWayneMcCready for being the beta-tester and pitch/speed expert.

Post subject: Re: DGR Series
PostPosted: Sat February 05, 2022 10:36 pm 
Future Drummer

It would be great if you could surface and archive all of the seperate ALD feeds and audience tapes from the 90's that have since vanished since the SV series matrixes were made. Matrixes are subjective and not definitive and taking away other people's abilites to make better matrixes or to listen to the individual sources wasn't very cool.

PostPosted: Thu February 10, 2022 10:31 am 
AnalLog

Yes, that makes sense.

I barely ever listen to aud boots anyway. But I still appreciate the guy's work. Not sure if those DGR series are any better than the SV series. Especially if you read his notes on how he masters them.

All I ever needed was the JWB soundboard remaster series ;)

PostPosted: Mon March 07, 2022 3:43 pm 
Broken Tamborine

thank you so much for sharing this. I've been looking for that 9.14.96 show ever since i lost it forever ago during a move (before i was able to back anything up to a computer/hard drive). Looking forward to checking out the rest of these as well!

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Trading