Switch to full style
Discuss your favorite shows, tours, concert posters...
Post a reply

Can somebody recommend me a Dave A era concert on youtube?

Tue June 27, 2017 2:37 pm

Wanna show off to people how good this band used to be.

i know there's pinkpop 1992

This one sounds AMAZING

Any better?

Re: Can somebody recommend me a Dave A era concert on youtub

Tue June 27, 2017 2:39 pm

Its like watching that concert its like HOW CAN YOU EVER LISTEN TO MODERN PEARL JAM?! They were AMAZING! Now they are just ok.

Tue June 27, 2017 2:40 pm

Tue June 27, 2017 2:40 pm

mikejasond wrote:Its like watching that concert its like HOW CAN YOU EVER LISTEN TO MODERN PEARL JAM?! They were AMAZING! Now they are just ok.

yet here you are, on a Pearl Jam message board...

Tue June 27, 2017 2:41 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
mikejasond wrote:Its like watching that concert its like HOW CAN YOU EVER LISTEN TO MODERN PEARL JAM?! They were AMAZING! Now they are just ok.

I forget (And also wasn't around then) so when I listen to something from that era Im like O____O

Tue June 27, 2017 2:46 pm

mikejasond wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I forget (And also wasn't around then) so when I listen to something from that era Im like O____O

But saying "how can you ever listen to modern Pearl Jam" is a little unfair. If you grew older with the band, like many of us did, and you saw other musical acts of that era go by the wayside, you learn to appreciate their staying power, their unique shows, etc. Not too many great bands throughout rock history have stayed together this long, and it is a joy to see when it is your favorite band. And any of those artists that have stayed together or remained performing of course have aged and sounded "worse" than what they originally did. *shrugs*

Tue June 27, 2017 2:49 pm

No he's right modern pearl jam kind of sucks.

Tue June 27, 2017 2:52 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:No he's right modern pearl jam kind of sucks.

nothing matters

Tue June 27, 2017 3:04 pm

Someone needs to synch up a good audio version of Gimli 1993 with the great youtube video that's out there. That was a beast of a show.

Tue June 27, 2017 3:12 pm

I mean I do still love a PJ show and the energy they put into the performance but its just crazy seeing what they used to be. Like that concert in my opening post is so good they sound amazing. Go and Animal were AMAZING. Its also got pretty decent video quality. Its hard to see Eddie in that Orpheum one

Tue June 27, 2017 3:23 pm

This orpheum show is really good but somehow I feel like I like the 1993 one better and I don't know why. Maybe its the banging of the drums or maybe its just in my head

Tue June 27, 2017 4:15 pm

mikejasond wrote:Maybe its the banging of the drums or maybe its just in my head

Maybe you're just like my mother. She's never satisfied

Tue June 27, 2017 4:46 pm

:lol:

Wed June 28, 2017 12:38 am

theplatypus wrote:
mikejasond wrote:Maybe its the banging of the drums or maybe its just in my head

Maybe you're just like my mother. She's never satisfied

Post a reply