Switch to full style
Discuss your favorite shows, tours, concert posters...
Post a reply

Re: Eddie stopping a concert to argue with a fan

Sat May 20, 2017 8:27 pm

that was it. i didnt recall the drug store reference

Sun May 21, 2017 12:49 am

wease wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
wease wrote:
theplatypus wrote:There was that other time he berated Doug RR

What's this now?

True story

Where might one find an elaboration of said story?

Eddie Vedder wrote:One more time, just quietly this time, can I see a show of hands, who's from Seattle? OK. There's a few people in the front row that are showing no energy whatsoever. It's nice that they're there, but goddamn it just feels like padding. I mean, I wish it was like some of those people I see losing their fucking minds in the very, very, back. I wish they were maybe filling up the valuable. It's alright. We're all friends.

Sun May 21, 2017 12:53 am

CopperTom wrote:
wease wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
wease wrote:
theplatypus wrote:There was that other time he berated Doug RR

What's this now?

True story

Where might one find an elaboration of said story?

Eddie Vedder wrote:One more time, just quietly this time, can I see a show of hands, who's from Seattle? OK. There's a few people in the front row that are showing no energy whatsoever. It's nice that they're there, but goddamn it just feels like padding. I mean, I wish it was like some of those people I see losing their fucking minds in the very, very, back. I wish they were maybe filling up the valuable. It's alright. We're all friends.

:haha: Doug was padding

Sun May 21, 2017 12:54 am

He was also injured if I recall correctly

Sun May 21, 2017 1:04 am

Eddie is such an asshole.

Mon May 29, 2017 12:20 am

theplatypus wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

"You go, Eddie!" "Good for you Eddie!"

Jesus Christ those people!

This story was elaborated upon after this incident happened. I forget exactly what happened but that was before the first song was even played and there was a woman (i believe) who apparently very much deserved to be kicked out.

Thu June 29, 2017 6:00 am

dimejinky99 wrote:Which time? He totally tore one guy a new one during a solo show for checking his phone. Turned out the guys dad was in hospital and near the end of his days or something.

This keeps popping up on my YouTube

I was there for this one.

Thu June 29, 2017 6:33 pm

Strat wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

"You go, Eddie!" "Good for you Eddie!"

Jesus Christ those people!

This story was elaborated upon after this incident happened. I forget exactly what happened but that was before the first song was even played and there was a woman (i believe) who apparently very much deserved to be kicked out.

it happened after corduroy. if i remember chick was throwing elbows and just being violent. there is a side stage perspective vid out there where you can actually see some commotion in the crowd and ed eventually notices and goes to the front of the stage, then comes back and addresses it on-mic mid-song. the above vid happened right after the song.

edit: here's the side stage view

Thu June 29, 2017 6:42 pm

the next night ed fired his guitar tech.

it was an eventful couple of shows.
Post a reply