The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2017-06-09: Dublin, Ireland (Ed Only)
PostPosted: Sun June 11, 2017 12:38 am 
what on earth am I talking about

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Dime, what picture of you or your body gets people around here banned. Think about it.

Oh that. God you guys were some serious tight asses back then. Badumdishhhh

(I don't see the relevant context of that pic and this happening. But I'm over tired and wired in the extreme and can't sleep).

PostPosted: Sun June 11, 2017 12:46 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Dime, that's pretty fucking epic man, fair play.

#42 wrote:
Go stomp on a porcupine! Yell at old people! Fart in a coffee-shop! BE... SKUNK!

PostPosted: Sun June 11, 2017 2:07 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

dimejinky99 wrote:
not on that set description but i had my mind blown...ed told that story about me meeting him years ago and giving him a jacket...and it turning out to be glens jacket..i was in tears..we went to the aftershow and i studiously avoided him..hes hangin out with glens ma and our family and just havin a lovely time..then i gets a tap on my shoulder and hes like come on...takes me out to a side corridor with his security guy and we just hung out and talked for a half hour, smokin out a window...talked about chris, glen, the who, just stuff..that conversation will stay with me forever :) at the end of which he apologised for telling that story and i showed him my given to fly tattoo and told him i was sorry :) mind is blown...he was so cool...then we went back in..later he invites me along with glen and a few others to a party in a restaurant in town..just hangin out til 5 this morning...surreal...we took a million selfies :) what a night..magical show..mad experience..

one thing i will say is and i noticed it but ed did too..that was the quietest most respectful audience hes played to in a solo setting..and it was the biggest..nobody shouting at him or any dumb shiut....it was amazing..fair play dublin..

Wow. So happy for you. Thank you for sharing Dime,

PostPosted: Sun June 11, 2017 4:21 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

Good on you Dime. Sounds a like a great night & got to admit, little envious.

PostPosted: Mon June 12, 2017 6:15 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

dimejinky99 wrote:
just under a three hour show..ed paid a whack of money to break curfew apparently

From AlternativeNation:

Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam are known for their infectious, high-energy shows - and Friday night's show at the 3Arena was no different

As well as bringing Glen Hansard out on stage for The Auld Triangle and Falling Slowly from the Once soundtrack, Vedder also played a wide range of songs and covers - including Bob Dylan's Masters Of War and Neil Young's Rockin' In The Free World.

All told, in fact, Vedder played a whopping thirty-three songs during the concert - and definitely adds weight to this story that originally surfaced on Pearl Jam's message boards. According to a user on the PearlJam.com message boards called ten-vs-vitalogy, Vedder walked off stage during the concert, signed a cheque for €25,000 in order to allow him to continue play and returned to the stage.

The rumour is that 3Arena has a specific policy about playing past a certain time, which incurs a fee on artists who go past it. According to people on the night, Vedder continued playing well into the night - roughly 11.45PM was when the show finished - so it's entirely possible that he broke curfew, but wanted to keep playing regardless.

25,000 euro is about $28,000

PostPosted: Mon June 12, 2017 6:45 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Good stuff dime, thanks for sharing! Did you and Ed discuss Star Wars?

PostPosted: Mon June 12, 2017 6:51 pm 

darth_vedder wrote:
Good stuff dime, thanks for sharing! Did you and Ed discuss Star Wars?

Briefly! I asked him had he seen Force awakens. Loved it!
I didn't wanna get into rogue one :)

PostPosted: Mon June 12, 2017 6:59 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

dimejinky99 wrote:
not on that set description but i had my mind blown...ed told that story about me meeting him years ago and giving him a jacket...and it turning out to be glens jacket..i was in tears..we went to the aftershow and i studiously avoided him..hes hangin out with glens ma and our family and just havin a lovely time..then i gets a tap on my shoulder and hes like come on...takes me out to a side corridor with his security guy and we just hung out and talked for a half hour, smokin out a window...talked about chris, glen, the who, just stuff..that conversation will stay with me forever :) at the end of which he apologised for telling that story and i showed him my given to fly tattoo and told him i was sorry :) mind is blown...he was so cool...then we went back in..later he invites me along with glen and a few others to a party in a restaurant in town..just hangin out til 5 this morning...surreal...we took a million selfies :) what a night..magical show..mad experience..

one thing i will say is and i noticed it but ed did too..that was the quietest most respectful audience hes played to in a solo setting..and it was the biggest..nobody shouting at him or any dumb shiut....it was amazing..fair play dublin..

Awesome stuff, dime! is the jacket story the same one as the Vespa jacket?

PostPosted: Mon June 12, 2017 7:17 pm 

bodysnatcher wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

The very same

PostPosted: Mon June 12, 2017 7:21 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

dimejinky99 wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

The very same

Hahah cool .. I remember he told that story at one of his 2011 Seattle shows

PostPosted: Mon June 12, 2017 7:24 pm 

bodysnatcher wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

The very same

Hahah cool .. I remember he told that story at one of his 2011 Seattle shows

Haha! One of the more surreal experiences I've ever had waking up to a load of texts and emails about that:)
Then I got sent a recording of it and shit got really weird :) still have it somewhere

PostPosted: Wed June 14, 2017 5:00 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

POWER RANKINGS 6/9/17:

1) Ed
2) Glen
3) Dime
4) Dave A
5) 7.5 billion other people

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed June 14, 2017 8:49 am 

What's a power ranking? Haha

PostPosted: Wed June 14, 2017 9:38 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Dime,
What an amazing experience and I do in fact wish I was you.

PostPosted: Thu June 15, 2017 3:21 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

good on ya dime :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu June 15, 2017 7:38 pm 

IT was just a lucky week. Normally life is totally isolated anti social and depression hellish.
I was just due a few days in the sun:)

PostPosted: Thu June 15, 2017 10:11 pm 
AnalLog

That's so cool, dime! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu June 15, 2017 11:47 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Dime wins RM this week. What a life.

PostPosted: Fri June 16, 2017 12:03 am 
Poster of the Year

I should move to Dublin and be his roommate.

PostPosted: Fri June 16, 2017 12:48 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

damn dime, that's cool as hell

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live