The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Question for the compilers
PostPosted: Thu February 09, 2017 2:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:17 pm
Posts: 2326
Location: right there
How do you guys get the volume to same when you make a compilation?

A big pet peeve of mine is having my volume go up and down song by song, I don't like whatever itunes does to "normalize" but I can't figure out other options. Any advice?

_________________
Art never killed anybody.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Question for the compilers
PostPosted: Thu February 09, 2017 6:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 9:37 am
Posts: 1940
doone wrote:
How do you guys get the volume to same when you make a compilation?

A big pet peeve of mine is having my volume go up and down song by song, I don't like whatever itunes does to "normalize" but I can't figure out other options. Any advice?


The way I do it is to combine all the tracks with WAVMerge, adjust the levels of each track individually in a WAV editor until they are all even, and then I split them apart again with CDWave. It takes some time, but it solves the problem.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Question for the compilers
PostPosted: Fri February 17, 2017 1:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:04 pm
Posts: 1522
Location: Heathrow, FL
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
doone wrote:
How do you guys get the volume to same when you make a compilation?

A big pet peeve of mine is having my volume go up and down song by song, I don't like whatever itunes does to "normalize" but I can't figure out other options. Any advice?


The way I do it is to combine all the tracks with WAVMerge, adjust the levels of each track individually in a WAV editor until they are all even, and then I split them apart again with CDWave. It takes some time, but it solves the problem.



Took the words right outta my mouth WCT.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Question for the compilers
PostPosted: Tue February 28, 2017 1:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:17 pm
Posts: 2326
Location: right there
Image guess I was hoping for an easier way

_________________
Art never killed anybody.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Question for the compilers
PostPosted: Thu March 09, 2017 6:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:04 pm
Posts: 1522
Location: Heathrow, FL
doone wrote:
Image guess I was hoping for an easier way


Well, these mixes do take some time :D . Gotta put the work in.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Question for the compilers
PostPosted: Tue April 04, 2017 5:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 31, 2017 7:05 pm
Posts: 642
Location: In The Crevasse
lowlight79 wrote:
doone wrote:
Image guess I was hoping for an easier way


Well, these mixes do take some time :D . Gotta put the work in.


Thanks for doing the WorldWide 2006 mix! I can't wait to get this burned. Picking up blanks later. For some reason, I've always overlooked this tour, other than the Gorge shows.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun December 17, 2017 4:10 am