Switch to full style
Discuss your favorite shows, tours, concert posters...
Post a reply

Re: 2003-04-29: Albany, NY

Tue October 10, 2017 7:24 pm

rick malone wrote:Most people here seem to think 03 is amazing. I'd say its pretty good, they brought a lot of old songs back.

Did you see any of it? I've probably said it in these last 11 pages, but the 2003 concert experience blew past 98 and 00 for me. Not as straight ahead intense, but much more enjoyable. Anything could happen, they sounded great and seemed to find a new level in their performances.

Re: Let's Talk about the 2003 Tour

Thu November 02, 2017 6:12 pm

Yay a 2003 show today! June 9, 2003, from Dallas Texas

WHAT THE HECK!!! THEY ARE OPENING WITH ALIVE!!!!

How do you guys say that 2000 tour felt the most different? Every show i hear from 2000 sounds like the same setlist, but the 2003 shows are so interesting.

Ive never heard a show open with Alive before!

Thu November 02, 2017 6:14 pm

On 9-5-2000 they opened with Even Flow though.
Last edited by Norris on Thu November 02, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu November 02, 2017 6:16 pm

Thats cool, though in general from the 2000 shows the first run of song was almost always entirely identical or close enough, and in the 2003 shows Ive listened to each has a unique feel

Thu November 02, 2017 6:16 pm

Seriously where do you even go from Alive? If it was me I would do Even Flow next but I wonder what Eddie will pick

Thu November 02, 2017 6:17 pm

Honestly, I prefer predictable openers. They keep using the same half dozen songs as openers for a reason.

Thu November 02, 2017 6:17 pm

Wow Alive -> Brain of J. Cool.

Thu November 02, 2017 6:18 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:Honestly, I prefer predictable openers. They keep using the same half dozen songs as openers for a reason.

Its not JUST the openers, its the whole opening run of songs. In 2000 you can bet you'll hear like 3 of Breakerfall, Grievance, Corduroy, Animal in those first 4-5 songs

Thu November 02, 2017 6:20 pm

Alive -> Brain of J -> 1/2 Full

These tours are just so much more interesting than 2000 and each song sounds distinct whereas 2000 they all sound like the same song until Wishlist gets played

Thu November 02, 2017 6:23 pm

1/2 Full is SO MUCH BETTER LIVE than on the Album.

Thu November 02, 2017 6:24 pm

mikejasond wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:Honestly, I prefer predictable openers. They keep using the same half dozen songs as openers for a reason.

Its not JUST the openers, its the whole opening run of songs. In 2000 you can bet you'll hear like 3 of Breakerfall, Grievance, Corduroy, Animal in those first 4-5 songs

I know it was great. Breakerfall in the two hole is one of my favorite things about the 2000 tour.

Thu November 02, 2017 6:25 pm

mikejasond wrote:Seriously where do you even go from Alive? If it was me I would do Even Flow next but I wonder what Eddie will pick

I was at that show. The feeling on the night was it’s the first time they’d played Texas in a good few years (Think the Last was 98?) and they’d vocally and visibly picked a fight with a Bush and it was his state.

Open up with the hitter to get everyone on side.

Listen for the backstage passes story that runs throughout the gig. It’s a cheap payoff /dig at bush by ed but it works :)

Thu November 02, 2017 6:47 pm

Hey dime, I think we were both at the Vegas show this tour. Remember the whole booing Ed got during the one encore? I think it was between Know Your Rights and Fuckin' Up, but man that was something. The section I was in had dudes screaming "Nader sucks dick!" lol.

Thu November 02, 2017 7:04 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Hey dime, I think we were both at the Vegas show this tour. Remember the whole booing Ed got during the one encore? I think it was between Know Your Rights and Fuckin' Up, but man that was something. The section I was in had dudes screaming "Nader sucks dick!" lol.

Remember it clearly. He said he was gonna spend every dime he got in his tax cut to get Bush out of office. Ive never to this day heard a crowd turn like that. Lotta people left too.

Fri November 03, 2017 3:43 am

mikejasond wrote:

Try this one on for size:

10/11/00 - Riverport Amphitheatre: Maryland Heights, MO
attendance: 20,000
support act: Supergrass
soundcheck: U, Sonic Reducer
set: Of the Girl, Go, Hail Hail, Brain of J, Insignificance, Whipping, Light Years, State of Love and Trust, Given to Fly, Animal, Elderly Woman, Wishlist, In My Tree, Even Flow, Daughter, Better Man, Footsteps, Rearviewmirror
enc 1: Breakerfall, U , Do the Evolution, Porch, Parting Ways
enc 2: Sonic Reducer, Last Kiss, Yellow Ledbetter

Fri November 03, 2017 3:58 am

Kevin Davis wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

Try this one on for size:

10/11/00 - Riverport Amphitheatre: Maryland Heights, MO
attendance: 20,000
support act: Supergrass
soundcheck: U, Sonic Reducer
set: Of the Girl, Go, Hail Hail, Brain of J, Insignificance, Whipping, Light Years, State of Love and Trust, Given to Fly, Animal, Elderly Woman, Wishlist, In My Tree, Even Flow, Daughter, Better Man, Footsteps, Rearviewmirror
enc 1: Breakerfall, U , Do the Evolution, Porch, Parting Ways
enc 2: Sonic Reducer, Last Kiss, Yellow Ledbetter

I :heartbeat: this show so much.

Fri November 03, 2017 4:18 am

God i miss pearl jam.

Fri November 03, 2017 5:05 pm

mikejasond wrote:1/2 Full is SO MUCH BETTER LIVE than on the Album.

Everytime I heard it that tour, I thought of the interview with Stone when he talked about being shocked when they would do one vocal take and Ed would say, "that's the one."

Fri November 03, 2017 5:08 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

I know it was great. Breakerfall in the two hole is one of my favorite things about the 2000 tour.

My feeling in 2000 was that they ripped through those run of songs so fast they didn't have the chance to really show their power. Seeing songs like Animal and Grievance all over the setlist in 2003 made them so much better.

Sat November 04, 2017 12:22 am

Check out Hershey next. The day after Boston 3 and they kill it. Short but super tight.
Post a reply