The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk about the 2003 Tour
PostPosted: Fri April 21, 2023 9:57 pm 
Future Drummer

Norris wrote:
Great tour, but the beginning of the end for Pearl Jam.

PostPosted: Fri April 21, 2023 10:55 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

so funny, exactly what i came in here to post

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri April 21, 2023 10:57 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

problem was PJ got stale after this one

usually they fire a drummer ever couple years and Ed has a personality rebirth

instead after this one there was no shakeup

they just….

stayed together and got boring af

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Mon April 24, 2023 1:27 pm 
AnalLog

96583UP wrote:

they just….

VFC in '04, Canada in '05 and most of the 2006 tour didn't feel boring. Felt like peak Pearl Jam.

PostPosted: Mon April 24, 2023 4:55 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

I still don’t think they are boring, but I would say that the 2003 tour might have been the transition in their approach to shows. They pushed harder to change sets from night to night starting here, maybe being cognizant that access to their live recordings had expanded after the 2000 tour releases, maybe not? But the shift to playing more different songs on a tour started here it seems at least on a nightly basis, as well as the older songs taking on a more arena ready anthemic vibe over their original energy and focus. Whether that is for the better or worse is for each listener to decide, but 2003 I think is the first real shift in the way songs evolved - and it does seem by the 2008 tour that transition was largely complete. They haven’t changed much as a live band since then, which is 15 years for steady as she goes.

PostPosted: Wed April 26, 2023 3:23 pm 
The Master

I could see a shift in last year's tour to more of a 1998-2000 set. Shorter show, fewer covers, and a slowing the tempo down. I dug it. Hopefully it is a sign of things to come.

PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2023 6:48 pm 
Future Drummer

Time to go back a re-live one of the great stretches of shows. East Coast knows what I mean, 4/28/03 to State College. They started by blowing the roof off the spectrum and then up to Albany. I attended three of these shows, Albany, Nassau and State College. I can't believe it's been 20 years. The elation of the Albany show to the crazy crowd at Nassau Colesium to marathon of State College. Some of best shows of that tour they ever did. I only wish I had gone to Buffalo, that show is legendary. I don't think Evenflow ever sounded better, the sets were tight, improv's and Ed solo perfomances. Man what a time.

PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2023 6:50 pm 
Future Drummer

96583UP wrote:

they just….

Ed got married, well not married, but had kids, then got married in reverse. That changed the band's whole dynamic. Ed post 2003 is an entirely different person.

PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2023 7:13 pm 
The Master

Matt, Stone, Mike, and Eddie all had kids in the 00s/early 10s. It's unfair to pin the lack of production all on Ed. They prioritized different things in their lives. It happens.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 1:37 pm 
A Return To Form

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Matt, Stone, Mike, and Eddie all had kids in the 00s/early 10s. It's unfair to pin the lack of production all on Ed. They prioritized different things in their lives. It happens.

I think band-wide parenthood (except for Jeff) accounts for much of their decision-making, post-Riot Act.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 4:45 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

tyweed wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

I think band-wide parenthood (except for Jeff) accounts for much of their decision-making, post-Riot Act.

Post Riot Act Nanny Grab

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 9:53 pm 
Champion of RM

liebzz wrote:
tyweed wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Post Riot Act Nanny Grab

Yet Jeff is the biggest bitch about touring. I guess the others just want to get out of the house.

PostPosted: Wed July 12, 2023 7:21 pm 
Future Drummer

I don't really listen to much of the band anymore, but for some reason yesterday I had the urge to listen to Uniondale. So, while driving around for work I gave it a go. It took two days but I finished it this morning. But wow, what a fucking show. Scary to think it was twenty years ago.

But yeah, it was my first time seeing them. 17, stoned outta my gourd with seats behind the stage. And you know, it might be my best show too. There were countless others (the MSGs and NJ that July, Boston VFC in 04 , Quebec 05, Bridge Schools) but man alive there's something about this one. Even without the meltdown at the end, they were just on fire and had the crowd frothing the entire way. It's was very surreal listening back to it all.

Oh and we also got a flat tire on the way home from Nassau.

Have you considered stacking papers and getting paid?

PostPosted: Wed July 12, 2023 7:36 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I mean Mansfield I, II, III is something I will never forget. Daytime, outdoor pre-set Pearl Jam on night 3 was surreal and fun.

PostPosted: Thu July 13, 2023 1:41 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Yeah, I think I posted somewhere else about Mansfield 3. I remember my seats were reserved but just outside the covered area. I had a list of songs because I was way overhyped for the show. The preset really was something special.

PostPosted: Thu July 13, 2023 1:37 pm 
Future Drummer

Oh god, now I have the Give Way LP on...when it rains it pours.

There were no 03 Vault shows right? I probably would plunk down for an 03 LP release come to think of it.

Have you considered stacking papers and getting paid?

PostPosted: Thu July 13, 2023 10:38 pm 
Broken Tamborine

super nintendo chalmers wrote:
I don't really listen to much of the band anymore, but for some reason yesterday I had the urge to listen to Uniondale. So, while driving around for work I gave it a go. It took two days but I finished it this morning. But wow, what a fucking show. Scary to think it was twenty years ago.

But yeah, it was my first time seeing them. 17, stoned outta my gourd with seats behind the stage. And you know, it might be my best show too. There were countless others (the MSGs and NJ that July, Boston VFC in 04 , Quebec 05, Bridge Schools) but man alive there's something about this one. Even without the meltdown at the end, they were just on fire and had the crowd frothing the entire way. It's was very surreal listening back to it all.

Oh and we also got a flat tire on the way home from Nassau.

The funniest thing ever was when I saw PJ in East Rutherford in 2006 and Eddie talked about that show because he thought he was in Uniondale.

PostPosted: Wed September 13, 2023 4:31 pm 
Rank This Poster

Watched all of Camden 1 2003 on YouTube yesterday while cleaning house. Was great.

PostPosted: Fri September 15, 2023 4:10 pm 
Rank This Poster

Why so many covers on this tour?

PostPosted: Sat September 16, 2023 12:44 am 
Broken Tamborine

Leatherhead wrote:
Why so many covers on this tour?

Because they are easier to remember.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live