The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk about the 2003 Tour
PostPosted: Tue October 02, 2018 7:22 pm 
Poster of the Year

mikejasond wrote:
I really love the variety in setlists on this tour. It doesn't feel like 2000 to me where every show feels like it starts the same way

Every show can start the same way if that way is good.

PostPosted: Tue October 02, 2018 7:24 pm 
Future Drummer

OMG I'm listening to 6/29/03 in Quebec and this Grievance is ROCKING. I dunno why people like the 2000 tour better. They're really impressing me every time I listen to 2003

PostPosted: Tue October 02, 2018 7:29 pm 
Future Drummer

And now into Present Tense!! Idk the 03 shows are just really exciting it's hard to say why

PostPosted: Tue October 02, 2018 7:31 pm 
Future Drummer

lmao Matt Cameron is in rare form on this show I can almost hear him seething in annoyance when they aren't speeding at 100 miles an hour. Like HURRY IT UP ALREADY.

PostPosted: Tue October 02, 2018 7:34 pm 
Future Drummer

This show is so good!!

Long Road (my one hated song)...but then Go -> Save You -> Ghost -> Grievance -> Present Tense -> 1/2 Full

And the funny thing is I don't even like the Riot Act or Binaural songs much but its just working here. They're doing great on every song.

The boost some of these songs get live vs album is insane. (ESPECIALLY GRIEVANCE)

PostPosted: Tue October 02, 2018 8:07 pm 
Future Drummer

I looooove the bass stuff Jeff does in the quieter parts of Not For You

PostPosted: Tue October 02, 2018 8:17 pm 
Future Drummer

Wishlist is amazing on this tour. I remember hearing the song and thinking it was this 8 minute epic and then hearing the studio version and being so disappointed. I was like WHERES THE PART WHERE HE GOES "I WISH I WAS THE PRESIDENT"

PostPosted: Tue October 02, 2018 8:21 pm 
Future Drummer

Ah this is the show where he says the president should chop his head off

PostPosted: Tue October 02, 2018 8:23 pm 
Future Drummer

I remember listening to this show. A search through the topic shows me praising this show a year ago lol. I liked Wishlist then too.

PostPosted: Fri November 30, 2018 5:07 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Shot in the dark here...

I remember reading that after the Camden 2 show (7/6/2013 I think), one of the roadies took the setlist from the stage and instead of handing it out to someone in the crowd, took a lighter to it and burned it. Implication was that Pearl Jam had something crazy on there and they didn't want it spoiled before the MSG shows. This was also the weekend where the three Binaural outtakes leaked (Letter to the Dead, Fatal, and Education), and some thought the two things were related. Does anyone remember this or have anything more to the story? It wouldn't surprise me if nothing like that happened, but I definitely remember reading it happened...I was at that Camden show and definitely didn't see it happen.

In a related question, what was PJ thinking opening MSG night 2 with Crazy Mary???

PostPosted: Sat December 01, 2018 8:21 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

scottmusic wrote:

In a related question, what was PJ thinking opening MSG night 2 with Crazy Mary???

I remember being stunned hearing those chords when the show started, but I thought it worked for them.

PostPosted: Mon December 03, 2018 3:51 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

scottmusic wrote:
Implication was that Pearl Jam had something crazy on there and they didn't want it spoiled before the MSG shows.
maybe Crown of Thorns?

PostPosted: Mon April 12, 2021 3:41 pm 

I'm up to 38 shows from this Tour now. I've also got the Tour Book and the '03 Bootleg Companion. I went to Bristow with Mrs. Jam & friends and had a blast. I miss those friends now.

Australia - all but Melbourne 1

Japan - all

US Leg 1 - Denver, *Orlando (*incomplete bootleg - I also edited the cover because it was a picture of Ed from like 2009? :roll: ), Raleigh, Charlotte, Nashville, Atlanta, Lexington, Uniondale, Buffalo, State College

US Leg 2 - Irvine 2, Fargo, Chicago, Columbus, Bristow, Mansfield 2, Camden (both nights), NYC (both nights), Mansfield 3, Holmdel

Mexico City - Night 1

Debating whether or not to keep picking these off as they show up on Discogs & eBay. However, I may just stop because I love the way everything's organized in the iTunes & physical libraries at the moment. And I feel that this is a pretty good selection/overview from this Tour. We'll see how I feel over the next couple of months. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon April 12, 2021 7:42 pm 
A Return To Form

TremorJam wrote:
I'm up to 38 shows from this Tour now. I've also got the Tour Book and the '03 Bootleg Companion. I went to Bristow with Mrs. Jam & friends and had a blast. I miss those friends now.

Australia - all but Melbourne 1

Japan - all

US Leg 1 - Denver, *Orlando (*incomplete bootleg - I also edited the cover because it was a picture of Ed from like 2009? :roll: ), Raleigh, Charlotte, Nashville, Atlanta, Lexington, Uniondale, Buffalo, State College

US Leg 2 - Irvine 2, Fargo, Chicago, Columbus, Bristow, Mansfield 2, Camden (both nights), NYC (both nights), Mansfield 3, Holmdel

Mexico City - Night 1

Debating whether or not to keep picking these off as they show up on Discogs & eBay. However, I may just stop because I love the way everything's organized in the iTunes & physical libraries at the moment. And I feel that this is a pretty good selection/overview from this Tour. We'll see how I feel over the next couple of months. :lol:

That's rad you found a copy of Mexico City I. I think that's the second best show of the '03 tour. But keep going! You still have some of the other exceptional shows to come:
Bonner Springs
Phoenix
Seattle
Vancouver

PostPosted: Mon April 12, 2021 7:56 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

My very, very methodical (re)listen through 2003 has finally gotten to the first two Mansfield shows, my first two Pearl Jam shows, and these really rock. Some of Ed's banter on night 1 was really, really weird.

PostPosted: Tue April 13, 2021 10:35 am 

I found some official 2003 bootlegs in the spare room today. Not sure whether to keep or sell!

PostPosted: Tue April 13, 2021 3:30 pm 

Lemme know what you have if you decide to sell? I'd like to keep picking these up but it's only going to get tougher from here on out because of the finite number of bootleg cd's out there amongst current & former 10Clubbers for this tour.

I do have an extra copy of Uniondale if anyone wants to trade something?

PostPosted: Tue April 13, 2021 8:28 pm 
Future Drummer

Simple Torture wrote:
My very, very methodical (re)listen through 2003 has finally gotten to the first two Mansfield shows, my first two Pearl Jam shows, and these really rock. Some of Ed's banter on night 1 was really, really weird.

That third night the following week gets attention for obvious reasons, but I think I enjoyed being at the first two even more. The setlist night one was also a little weird, along with the banter, and then night 2 I thought rocked really hard. Really fun shows.

Was also at the 2 MSG shows this year- night one really was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Night 2 was kind of a letdown, but I was probably tired. And how do you top the night before?? And then Uniondale earlier in the tour - wow. They were on fire that show, really rocking out, and then the Bushleaguer incident... oh man. The boos were really loud where I was standing (not fan club section). Awesome show still.

PostPosted: Wed April 14, 2021 5:52 pm 

TremorJam wrote:
Lemme know what you have if you decide to sell? I'd like to keep picking these up but it's only going to get tougher from here on out because of the finite number of bootleg cd's out there amongst current & former 10Clubbers for this tour.

I do have an extra copy of Uniondale if anyone wants to trade something?

I have the bootlegs that were released into stores - Tokyo, MSG both nights, Mansfield III.
I also have Barcelona, Milan, and San Francisco from 2000.

PostPosted: Tue April 20, 2021 5:09 pm 

Think I'll just pick the hard copies up as I find them and download them bit by bit until I eventually have the full 2003 Tour. I picked up Vancouver, Mountain View, Montreal, Camden 1 and Hershey this morning.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live