Switch to full style
Discuss your favorite shows, tours, concert posters...
Post a reply

RITFW Melbourne 1995

Wed October 19, 2016 6:48 pm

So, I've the radio broadcast boot for this show since '95. I've been listening to this show for 21 years. Have always loved the version of RITFW with Dave Grohl on drums. For some reason at work today, I looked it up on the ol' YouTube and watched it. There, right in front of Grohl on drums is a guy playing 3rd guitar! I've never heard this on the audio and it looks like maybe it's Jack playing guitar. Is this Jack? I assume they just had the guitar buried in the mix, because I still can't hear it.

Re: RITFW Melbourne 1995

Wed October 19, 2016 6:53 pm

wease wrote:So, I've the radio broadcast boot for this show since '95. I've been listening to this show for 21 years. Have always loved the version of RITFW with Dave Grohl on drums. For some reason at work today, I looked it up on the ol' YouTube and watched it. There, right in front of Grohl on drums is a guy playing 3rd guitar! I've never heard this on the audio and it looks like maybe it's Jack playing guitar. Is this Jack? I assume they just had the guitar buried in the mix, because I still can't hear it.

Yea, I've seen that vid before, pretty sure it's Jack.

Wed October 19, 2016 7:10 pm

Those extra guest guitarists are rarely plugged in or audible.

Wed October 19, 2016 11:03 pm

Thanks, guys.

Thu October 20, 2016 8:19 am

For those playing along at home:

Thu October 20, 2016 11:41 am

Pretty sure he's plugged in - you can hear him right at the start sounding kinda out of tim and clunky. I always assumed it was him anyway.
Post a reply