Switch to full style
Discuss your favorite shows, tours, concert posters...
Post a reply

Re: 2017 Tour Rumors

Mon April 10, 2017 12:46 am

So does Lightning Bolt.

Mon April 10, 2017 12:47 am

hmmmmm

http://www.npr.org/2015/01/24/379546360/lets-play-two-remembering-chicago-cub-ernie-banks

maybe they were going to tour and then didn't and then decided to dump these on the HOF attendees

Mon April 10, 2017 3:15 am

So are these fuckers playing shows anywhere this year, or not? It sounded like from that interview with their monitor tech there would be shows later this year, but the hiatus stuff seems to contradict that. I guess if they played shows in November or December though they would have been off more than a year so maybe both scenarios are actually correct.

I'd be surprised if there are any shows until they're done a new record. There were people who met Jeff during the Temple of the Dog tour and he said no PJ shows scheduled and they'd be working on new music early 2017.

Mon April 10, 2017 12:50 pm

TouringReg wrote:So are these fuckers playing shows anywhere this year, or not? It sounded like from that interview with their monitor tech there would be shows later this year, but the hiatus stuff seems to contradict that. I guess if they played shows in November or December though they would have been off more than a year so maybe both scenarios are actually correct.

I'd be surprised if there are any shows until they're done a new record. There were people who met Jeff during the Temple of the Dog tour and he said no PJ shows scheduled and they'd be working on new music early 2017.

Kind of a tough call though... you don't want to lose the touring/fan momentum of the last few years... but they need to offer something new or people are going to get a bit jaded.

Sun April 16, 2017 5:04 pm

I don't think the full band is playing together again this year.

Moving on...

Mon April 17, 2017 2:08 am

At this point any full band show would be a surprise, though you can never rule out a Bridge set until the lineup is announced. Their last one was in '14.

Mon April 17, 2017 3:48 am

Is this fake news or something?

https://www.triplem.com.au/music/news/p ... irect=true

Mon April 17, 2017 2:05 pm

Bammer wrote:Is this fake news or something?

https://www.triplem.com.au/music/news/p ... irect=true

We had a long discussion about this somewhere when it first came out. Basically, unconfirmed.

Mon April 17, 2017 7:03 pm

Y'all saw the "Watch Eddie get wasted at a Bourbon festival" concert announcement, right? I'd go for the bourbon more than anything else.

https://pearljam.com/news/eddie-vedder- ... d-festival

Mon April 17, 2017 7:25 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:Y'all saw the "Watch Eddie get wasted at a Bourbon festival" concert announcement, right? I'd go for the bourbon more than anything else.

I would totally go to this. Love bourbon, love Louisville and love Betterman (Live)!

Mon April 17, 2017 7:35 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:Y'all saw the "Watch Eddie get wasted at a Bourbon festival" concert announcement, right? I'd go for the bourbon more than anything else.

lol ...
Last edited by TremorJam on Mon April 17, 2017 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon April 17, 2017 8:18 pm

If Ed's playing festivals in Nashville & Louisville in September it's speculation to point out Atlanta's big music festival is the weekend before.

Mon April 17, 2017 11:53 pm

Biff Pocoroba wrote:If Ed's playing festivals in Nashville & Louisville in September it's speculation to point out Atlanta's big music festival is the weekend before.

like anyone will be able to get there unless they live within walking distance

Tue April 18, 2017 12:51 am

Biff Pocoroba wrote:If Ed's playing festivals in Nashville & Louisville in September it's speculation to point out Atlanta's big music festival is the weekend before.

Mid Town? I saw them there in 2012. Was good but downtown Atlanta is a cluster fuck during it

Tue April 18, 2017 12:54 am

bodysnatcher wrote:

like anyone will be able to get there unless they live within walking distance

Tue April 18, 2017 1:04 am

Im actually contemplating that Louisville festival. Looks rather chill and lovely. I like Bourbon and excellent food. Strange lineup but a couple gems there. Ed and Stevie Nicks together would be quite nice.

Tue April 18, 2017 1:10 am

Strat wrote:Im actually contemplating that Louisville festival. Looks rather chill and lovely. I like Bourbon and excellent food. Strange lineup but a couple gems there. Ed and Stevie Nicks together would be quite nice.

In my former life (pre-kids) I would have heavily considered this. I like the lineup.

Tue April 18, 2017 1:18 am

Strat wrote:Im actually contemplating that Louisville festival. Looks rather chill and lovely. I like Bourbon and excellent food. Strange lineup but a couple gems there. Ed and Stevie Nicks together would be quite nice.

Louisville is a pretty cool town too. I think you'd dig it

Tue April 18, 2017 1:20 am

bodysnatcher wrote:

Louisville is a pretty cool town too. I think you'd dig it

I believe it. Which reminds me....why isn't Yim Yim on this ?

Tue April 18, 2017 2:16 am

Honestly, this is the first Eddie/Festival gig I've been genuinely interested in...But I stress that it's more about the bourbon than anything else.
Post a reply