Switch to full style
Discuss your favorite shows, tours, concert posters...
Post a reply

Geographically Not Rare

Fri May 13, 2016 8:55 pm

I noticed the band played Alone in Toronto last night. It's one of my personal favorites, so when I saw it in London, Ontario, in 2013, it was memorable. I might be wrong, but it seems like a song that's been played less than 50 times, but due to the relatively close proximity of these two Canadian cities, I bet a lot of folks have seen it twice.

I was wondering if there were other rarely played songs that aren't rare in certain regions. Is there a corner of the planet where people grumble off to have a piss because the band is playing Fatal again?

Re: Geographically Not Rare

Fri May 13, 2016 8:58 pm

well geographically speaking

Fri May 13, 2016 9:15 pm

daft twat wrote:I noticed the band played Alone in Toronto last night. It's one of my personal favorites, so when I saw it in London, Ontario, in 2013, it was memorable. I might be wrong, but it seems like a song that's been played less than 50 times, but due to the relatively close proximity of these two Canadian cities, I bet a lot of folks have seen it twice.

I was wondering if there were other rarely played songs that aren't rare in certain regions. Is there a corner of the planet where people grumble off to have a piss because the band is playing Fatal again?

I think so. They tour regionally, and there are some songs that are played often when they're new, and then forgotten about. For instance, I saw them a few times in the NE when Yield came out, and a at least a couple times per album after that, so I got a great mix of songs from that record that went on to be played played only rarely: All those Yesterdays and Low Light are two that a lot of people in other regions are probably aching to hear live, and I've gotten them a few times each I think.

Just an example.
Last edited by tragabigzanda on Fri May 13, 2016 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 13, 2016 9:22 pm

I was just thinking about ATY being played in Greenville 98 and Columbia 16.

Fri May 13, 2016 9:26 pm

Speed of Sound - 7 plays, 3 in Pennsylvania.

Fri May 13, 2016 9:27 pm

They've played Evenflow at all but one of the southern shows I've been to.

Fri May 13, 2016 9:28 pm

CopperTom wrote:Speed of Sound - 7 plays, 3 in Pennsylvania.

I am -- SO -- sorry.

Sat May 14, 2016 1:32 am

The last two plays of I've Got A Feeling have been in Boston.

Sat May 14, 2016 1:57 am

Ain't Talkin' Bout Love - Van Halen

Hartford, CT
2010, 2013

Sat May 14, 2016 1:59 am

Oceans im sure.

Sat May 14, 2016 2:00 am

Of the Earth

Sat May 14, 2016 2:47 am

Strat wrote:Oceans im sure.

I went to the Pensacola Beach show in 2012 specifically for this and was not disappointed. I'd guess Florida, Cali, and maybe Hawaii and Australia account for around half of the plays.

Of the Earth was played at that Pensacola show, but I have no idea where else it has been played.

Black, red, and yellow is pretty rare. I know it was played in London, Ont, and Detroit, and that's pretty much the same region.

Leatherman may not be regional, but they seem to pull it out for big shows - pj20, Wrigley 13, NYC 16.

Sat May 14, 2016 4:56 am

Throw Your Arms Around Me - 12 of 17 plays since 1995 in Australia.

Sun May 15, 2016 2:10 pm

This place is a geographical oddity

Wed May 18, 2016 2:53 pm

All I know is Ive heard Chloe/Crown twice in 4 shows in NY AND I HATE IT

Mon May 23, 2016 8:45 am

ridleybradout wrote:Throw Your Arms Around Me - 12 of 17 plays since 1995 in Australia.

EV loves Shane and Angel.

Mon May 23, 2016 11:57 am

Boston gets Down a lot, obviously.

Sun June 19, 2016 7:56 pm

Smile, is almost a guarantee at a Chicago/Wisconsin area show... its been played 70 times so its not so rare, but just glancing at the shows its been played at, mostly Midwest, and European shows.
Post a reply